All reviewsarrived hoursmin walkchilli crabhouse keepingaliguevillabeachphilippinespesos
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

After requesting and double checking and receiving confirmation that I had transport pick up from the airport arranged, and waiting for half an hour no pick up was available so arranged myself - pretty easy to do, about the same cost too, though given confirmation I would be collected this didn't set the trip off to a great start especially being alone.

Arriving at the hotel, pleasant staff greeted me, but it took an unnecessarily long time to check in when all they needed was a copy of my passport. The young girl giving me info on the hotel (including check in times - I arrived 3 hours after check in, therefore this info wasn't needed, and how to pay for my room though I'd paid upfront) was nice but needed to brush up on each persons reservation info to save her time and the client upon check in after a long travel day.

There is no lift instead a spiral stair
Case takes you to the floor your room is located on, therefore not good for hard to walk / move persons or those with bad knees

The room was nice - no balcony (don't be fooled by some pictures you may see with balconies - this is just the villa not main hotel) bathroom was spacious shower should be upgraded as it's quite small and I'm a small lady.

There was only the toilet roll on the holder provided so if you are prone to bad stomachs ask for more on checkin!

The restaurant is extremely basic though they are renowned for their crab special which is good- be warned the crab as very alive so you choose which you want to eat per weight and size... so if you like your food no longer moving before being cooked and served then know these crabs are very much alive! Fresh is good though

Breakfast was extremely poor- the 'complimentary' is basic if you are gluten intolerant like I am you are screwed! It's either a rice dish, pancakes or French toast or a sweet child like cereal. Fresh fruit is good but disappointing that eggs are an extra charge. This needs to be changed to offer a real complimentary breakfast!

Beach is 2/5 min walk away

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Very nice boutique hotel. Could not get into any of the major resorts and tried this place out. Did not regret it one bit. The service was wonderful and friendly. Rooms were clean and quite upmarket considering the reasonable cost per night. Very quite place and away from the hustle and bustle of the main area which is a though still only a few minutes away. Would recommend this place to anyone who doesn't want to spend a fortune, but would like quality. Beach is also only a couple of minutes walk as well. Will be back.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017

nice, value for money, both room and restaurant. Away from the over crowded place, but still 3 mins walk to beach. I've travel few countrys just before come to boracay(eg. thailand, cambodia & indonesia.) The room is the most clean among all, even better than my 5 star resort at cambodia. thumbs up. Staff is kind, especially Daisy, she even wait for me and help me print out my air ticket after her working hour. :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017

not difficult to find the place. justs on the half moutain near the road. room is clean,quite but good location just neighbor to the center. 3 minutes walk to the beach. very close to the place of many exchange and 7-11. also very close to some famus scene.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jue W
8Hampstead, Front Office Supervisor at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Jue W,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. We love to hear your wonderful feedback about our room "clean and quiet". We're thankful for having the pleasure of serving you and we’re looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Our room was well-appointed, and housekeeping did a great job of fixing up every day. Most hotels would just do standard house-keeping, but the way they'd tidy up our room each day almost seemed carefully thought-of. Very meticulous! Most of the staff were always pleasant and ready to serve. Room service food was delicious and very fairly-priced, especially for Boracay standards. Several signs leading to the property would advertise Hampstead's "famous crab," so we decided to try this out for dinner one night and oh wow. It was delicious!! Pro-tip: get their Chili Crab and Red Curry Prawns for dinner, and beef tapa for breakfast.

They also allow use of the pool in their villa IF the villa is unoccupied. I read about nespresso machines being made available in the hotel rooms and unfortunately they took those out by the time we stayed, but I hardly noticed since they serve EXCELLENT brewed coffee every morning. Good but basic mix of toiletries provided with the room. Will definitely be back and cannot recommend this place enough!

The walk to the property is a little steep, so if you're with an elderly group this might be a little problematic. No issues for us though!

The only thing that threw me off during my stay was hearing one of the staff "complain" about us using the villa pool for a second straight day. Front desk crew explained that the comment of the staffmember (which we just managed to overhear while walking up the stairs) was in jest. Still, if the pool was being advertised as free for guest use (IF the villa is unoccupied), guests shouldn't be made to feel bad if they do want to use it.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the 2nd floor. Higher floors will require a bit of a climb since there's no elevator
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulaxgianna
8Hampstead, Front Office Supervisor at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

D​ear Paulaxgianna,

Thank you very much for the ​good ​rating. We are very pleased to hear that you found our ​room​ well appointed. It is also great to know that you found ​our food delicious especially the Crab dish and the breakfast.​ ​Regret to inform you that, the ​Coffee machine has been pulled out months ago due to some defects​ and will be replaced soon with a new machine.​

We also regret to hear that you were disappointed with the ​staff attitude​ complaining of using the pool at the Villa, rest assured that​ the Management will ​dealt with the concerned personnel the appropriate ​disciplinary action. ​

​We appreciate your comments about our personnel so we can call their attention and greatly help us in making the necessary corrective action and in ensuring that there will be no similar occurrence in the future.​

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you and make it right for your next stay.​