- The staff at Bura Akay was outstanding. It started with our 6:30AM airport pickup and continued until we checked out a day earlier than planned. They could not do enough for us and always with a smile. When we told them we wanted to check out early, there was no hassle, no argument, just gentle agreement and help to get us relocated to the different location. We were not even charged for cancelling.
- The cottage was spacious and nicely decorated.
- TV had a TON of channels.
- Outside veranda had a nice little sitting area with a view of the garden and lots of greenery,
- Shower pressure was great.
- They gave us a cold bottled water every morning to bring to the beach. Very sweet!
The not so good:
- Shower ran out of hot water quickly. There were 3 of us: The last person always ended up with the cold shower.
- Breakfast was very nice with a lot of variety. Fruit & juice was great. Yummy bread for toast. great pancakes, but eggs were always served cold. Eggs were prepared ahead then placed n the table wrapped in plastic.
- Air conditioner was erratic and would turn off during the night.
The reason we checked out earlier than planned:
- Bura Akay is just not convenient to the beach: and that's why we came to Boracay. Not their fault: it says it clearly in the property description, But it was more remote than we expected. The beach and area restaurants were in waking distance, but a bit of a long walk, especially in the heat. This would be a good spot for someone who needs some "alone" time: maybe to write a book or just read. We were able to locate a property right on the White Beach that had availability.
- Local "wild life": Every night was an adventure. In the room we found frogs and BIG spiders. My husband killed the spiders but we could not find the frog. Darned frog was so loud at one point we had to turn up the TV. LOL...and outside noise was constant. Dogs barked constantly up until midnight. That's when the roosters would take over. My husband and our friend both had a hard time sleeping through the racquet! Guess we are just city people. Again, not the fault of Bura Akay, but just not workable for us.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||Older travelers|