1,907 results
All reviews east wing sea breeze cafe dancing chefs wave bar beach front family room vip lounge pool access buffet breakfast white beach superior room speed boat few steps caticlan airport hotel guests boracay island d mall
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd time to stay here at Henann Regency. At first we were suppose to try a different hotel this time for a change however, upon reading some reviews I had a second thought that since we were able to experience their service why not stay again in this hotel for lesser hassle. Though I have read some bad reviews from this hotel, I didn't mind because our experienced on our first stay was great and amazing. And, when our time came we didn't experince any bad service at all. Everything was handled perfectly fine and smooth, from our check in, to welcome drinks and welcome fruits, to our room (good for 3, which can actually accommodate 4 person since we were given a king size bed and an extra bed which we weren't able to use), the tidiness of the room, bedings, sheets and bathroom which is the most important to me. And of course, our most favorite part of our stay at Henann was their breakfast buffet!! They did not fail our expectations as almost all of the menus are yummy & delicious. Over all service is almost perfect including the friendliness of their staffs.
So, I was thinking if we could afford to try a different hotel since we feel comfortable staying at Henann Regency when in Boracay.
Thank you Henann for the superb service!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
BRBR1998, Manager at Henann Regency Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Olive D,

We are very delighted to read your review and for choosing to stay with us again during your recent trip to Boracay. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your time with us and was satisfied with our Location, Food, cleanliness of the whole resort and most especially our impeccable Service. Thank you for mentioning that bad reviews didnt hinder you to book with us again. This is a testament that we have living up to our promise. We hope to delight you even more on your next trip to the island with your family and maybe take a look at our other rising hotels like Henann Prime.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Since this was our first trip to Boracay, I wanted my family to stay at a hotel near the beach and with a swimming pool in case the kids get tired of the beach. With kids in tow, I also wanted smooth transfers so we availed of the Resort Package which includes roundtrip airport transfers (van, speedboat, van), and full board meals (buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner). It was quite expensive but it was worth every penny and our decision to stay here was THE major factor that made our first time in Boracay Island a very comfortable and memorable vacation.

There is a lot of construction going on in Boracay, not only around Henann Regency itself. Thankfully, across our Premier Room's entrance door was the sister hotel Henann Garden, not a construction site, and our balcony overlooked one of the resort's 3 pools. Yes, they have 3 pools, each with a portion shallow enough for a 4 yr old to stand on. I only wish they had lifeguards for the parents' peace of mind because like me, I had to keep an eye on 3 kids.

Our room was clean and ready when we arrived and we had it cleaned every day of our stay. For a fairly old hotel, I'd say it is well-maintained but some of the corridors had puddles during heavy rain. Our room's AC did its job of cooling well but was the window type so was a little noisy, although its hum can actually lull you to sleep and cancel out outside noise (we were near the pool and the other resort had an event one of the nights). To think that the restrooms in the restaurants and the hallways had the quiet split-type, I think they will/should replace the old-type ACs.

Service was as we expected with prompt response to our special requests. Very non-obtrusive but always ready to help, from those who picked us up at the airport to the waiters to the security at the beach front to the people at housekeeping. Special mention goes to the front desk and room service staff. The only thing is that the staff, which are in uniform, do not greet us always when we meet them in the hallways. Not that I want to be greeted but I got used to it in expensive hotels like this one.

The food at Sea Breeze restaurant was excellent with a wide variety during our 4 day stay. Wide window in the morning from 6 am to 10 am for all hotel guests. Lunch has the least number of diners but with the same variety and quantity of food. Dinner here is popular and is always jam-packed with hordes of non-hotel guests dining despite the steep price of the buffet, but dinner lasts until 10 pm.

Best part of the hotel is the beach front being right smack in the middle of Station 2, but it is a cleaner part of Station 2 since the hotel maintains the cleanliness of the hotel's beach front every morning. The resort is big and it has a wide beach front with ample number of lounging chairs with umbrellas. You can order food and drinks right at the beach and they have towels you can borrow and bring with you to the pools and the beach.

So, based on our experience, you could say I don't understand why it's not the number 1 resort in Boracay.

By the way, we passed by the other hotels in Station 2 and 3 that we were also considering and asked my kids if they wanted to stay at these other hotels, and their unanimous answer is a big NO. Their website pictures were so much better than the actual thing. With Henann Regency, it's just the opposite. The actual hotel and experience is so much better than the any of the pictures and reviews you can google.

Date of stay: April 2017
BRBR1998, Manager at Henann Regency Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear lmd73,

We are elated to read such wonderful and expressive review and thank you for sharing such great time with Henann Regency. We work really hard to offer the best service and environment, and I am very delighted that reflected on your recent visit. Your comment is very uplifting and we would like to have you every time you plan to visit Boracay and allow us to extend a warm welcome. Summer is around the corner and we will be thrilled to have you as a returning guest. See you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

If you travel to Boracay, don't be fooled by any of the hotels that lure you to Station 1, 2 or 3. It may have been the place to stay 10 or 15 years ago, but now it's overpriced and overcrowded. As for the Hennan Regency, the rooms are old, dark and in serious need of some renovation - in particular to get rid of the noisy old window A/C's. However, there are far better places to stay in Boracay, in particular the resorts on New Coast. We checked out of our 'room without a view' after 1 night and moved to Fairways & Bluewater where we had a lovely bright room with a pool view for less than we paid at the Hennan. No comparison!! The Stations are only a few minutes away in complementary transport. Too many tour guides pestering everyone along the Stations and not very many (if any) restaurants serving good decent filipino food. If you like shisha and arabic food, then this is the place to go for you. Next trip it's definitely Fairways & Bluewater or the Shangrila - I'll give the Stations a miss!!!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Graham A

Dear Graham A,

We appreciate the time you spared writing this review. We do respect your preference to stay at the outskirts rather than the busy stations by the beach but our location is considered prime and enjoyable for most people who enjoy accessibility with just a with a 2 to 3-minute walk to the beach and 10-min walk to D'mall or D'Talipapa Seafood Market. Otherwise, if you are willing to reconsider staying with us again, you may reach us through email before your visit so we can tailor-fit your needs and welcome you back with a better impression. We do admit that the island has undergone massive changes and resulting to overcrowding. It can get really busy in the island during peak season and low season is usually mid July to October if you want a less hectic Boracay vacation and this will definitely change your impression of the island as it promises the relaxation you are expecting. As for the commissioners or tour guides around the island , they are usually vexing and we are implementing measures to keep them from the hotel grounds for your comfort and security. We strive to meet our guest's expectations by continuously upgrading our facilities and room amenities and we are already changing our air-conditioners to split type. Henann Regency has four (4) restaurants that can cater to your cravings and we highly encourage you to try our buffet dinner at Seabreeze and chill at Wave Bar & Lounge for great shisha and enjoy our buy one get one drinks on selected cocktails and beers exclusive for in-house guests. We apologize if you have not enjoyed during your stay but we will be pleased to have you back and create a better impression in the future. All the best!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Overall this hotel is good. It's a bit old but the location is very good. It's on the beach and has it's own sitting and tanning areas on the beach. The hotel service is ok, not the best but the service on the beach is very good. The have multiple pools for adults, kids and families. Swim up bar and lots of places to relax. It could use some refurbishment but for the price, I thinks it's one of the better ones on the island.
Don't leave any money out as it will be picked up by the cleaning staff as A "tip" we have 500 pesos taken with a nice note "thanks for the tip".

Room tip: If you want some quiet take a room by the adult pool.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear SingaporeGringo,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We admit that the hotel needs a bit of revamping since it is one of the pioneer hotels in the island. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive for greatness. Our location is very strategic and accessible to both stations and right in front of the beach where you can enjoy lounging or basking under the sun. We are glad that you fancied our pools because it is indeed great especially the Swim-up bar or Pool bar where you can chill whilst dipping in the water. We would like to see you again and thank you for choosing Henann Regency Beach Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I checked in to find rooms with no window, very old and dirty. I left Fairways hotel which was outstanding for lower than half this one price thinking I will get better hotel. But, unfortunately you will be decived by the high rate which is completely not true, even when I complained about the room the supervisor told me that it and if I speak you have to accept!! I left my paid room their and went back to Henan I could stand loosing the money but not spending one night there!

Be aware all and better check fairway hotel and do not be decived by the location as both are close to the main D Mall area but one is ugly and one is outstanding

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shady K

Dear Shady K,

We appreciate your feedback and it is very unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations especially in this competitive industry. In comparison, different hotels have standards and locations which affect their rates. We offer different rooms based on your preferences, budget and length of stay and of course availability upon check-in. The hotel is also situated by the beach front and is very accessible, and the fact that Henann Regency offers mid-range to lavish budget makes it a choice for most new and repeat travelers. We are confident that our staff are well-trained and professional to deal with this matter and I apologize if we fell short on your situation and is unacceptable, we will look into this matter. We are in fact upgrading our furnitures and fixtures to meet today's standards and exceed expectations in terms of comfortability and luxury, most especially in terms of customer service. We would like to get in touch with you and make your next stay better.