“Not good”

Kay Sarap
Ranked #187 of 324 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We bought lobster and prawns from market and they cooked. It really did not taste good and was overcooked. They wanted to ask us full kilo price for dishes although it was half a kilo. Didn' t like this place.

1  Thank Katrekah

Reviewed 26 December 2016

We walked all the way to Kay Sarap from Station 1 because I had read so many good reviews on Trip Advisor about it. And it was definitely worth the trek (you can actually take a trike to save you the walk but we wanted to walk it). It's at Talipapa so it's not fancy at all. But among all the other restos there, Kay Sarap was the nicest and cleanest looking. Buy your fresh seafood at the market right beside and bring it to Kay Sarap and they will whip up some awesome food. We had prawns and crabs and my favorite was the crab cooked in oyster sauce and in lemon butter sauce. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The mood is light and fun. I am definitely going back on my next visit.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We ate at this place twice on both occasions we enjoyed the food. We ordered Chili lobster, garlic butter shrimp and fried sweet and sour fish the quality and freshness of the food were excellent nothing could beat live shrimps and live lobster. The price was much cheaper than the restaurants by the beach.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

Incredible skill shown to cook the seafood chosen at d*tallipapa. After choosing the seafood we wanted (I would recommend finding out the going rate so you don't pay too much) we headed into Kay Sarap. With very friendly and accommodating service the fresh seafood was cooked with respect and incredible flavour! Yum! An awesome lunch spot when seafood is at its freshest

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Found inside the Talipapa market, I was wondering why this restauranr has reasonable cooking charge, nice stainless take, clean area but few customer. I tried it as I will have faster service. My steam could be better with ginger. Crab was ok. My clam soup had some smell, thsy blame the seller for including some old clam, hello, you can tell me that and you did not took some effort to dip it in water and take out the dead clams. Now I know why