“Great Filipino and Grilled Restaurant - must visit when in Boracay”
Review of Gerry's Grill

Gerry's Grill
Ranked #36 of 324 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

We are very happy that Gerry’s filipino dishes really authentic filipino taste. In tagalog, tantsa Gerry’s grill ang lasang pinoy
Service - since we came here during covid-19 at this point very less people, can see that majority of them waiting for customers to come in and have more work. When we entered, we been attended straightaway. Very helpful and friendly, recommended us their most sellable dishes.

Menu - they’re offering mostly Filipino, sizzling, and grilled dishes. With refreshing juices, shakes, and some beers as well.

Quality and Portion - as you can see from the photos, their dishes definitely can be shared for 2 pax. We don’t normally eat that much rice thus, 1 plain rice is good enough for us. Waiting time, decent time for about 15-20mins as whatever you’ve ordered, will only be cooked by then so that’s why you have to wait. Worth the wait . Loved the bangus topped with chayote, carrots, and tomatoes. And savoury chicken served with pickeld papaya and sweet & savoury sauce which very typical for Filipino sauce

Price - we paid less than 1k pesos if I can remember it correctly. Definitely worth the value for Filipino restaurant

Make sure to visit this outlet when in Boracay, not only great service; decent waiting time, but definitely tasty authentic filipino dishes, haven’t I mentioned that already

1  Thank cindymarieazur
Write a reviewReviews (384)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We’re a group of 6, 2 seniors, 2 adults, and 2 toddlers. They open at 11am and we got there 15minutes before they open. They were really kind to let us in. We looked at the menu while waiting. Service was fast and servers were really nice. We ordered garlic rice, lumpiang Shanghai, pork bbq, grilled squid, pork sisig with egg, pinakbet, and sinigang na bangus. For drinks, we had sweet corn shake, four seasons shake, mango shake, sago’t gulaman, and pitcher of watermelon with cucumber juice. For dessert, we had halo halo and banana split. Food was delicious. I personally liked the grilled squid, it’s soft and tender, the pinakbet, and the watermelon with cucumber juice. My kids liked the lumpia and pork bbq. We will defined come back.

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

I’ve just eaten at Gerrys Grill Mitos place, Boracay at around 20.30 this evening. I was served by Mark, who was very nice and polite, and the food, as usual, was very good. However, when I came to pay the bill, the whole evening was ruined by a very grumpy casher. I wanted to pay for the meal by card, and she asked me to enter my PIN number without actually showing me the total I was about to be charged. I asked her to show me where the machine displayed the price I was about to pay? She repeatedly just kept asking me to enter my PIN number, without me knowing what the total price charged would be. When she realized that I was not willing to enter my PIN number without seeing the price displayed on the machine, she snatched the card reader back, seemingly very unhappy, re-entered the transaction, and only then finally showed me the price that I was about to be charged. Annoyingly she was still justifying that the receipt would confirm the total I had paid, once the transaction was complete.
I’m not sure if she realized that once you enter your PIN number you are agreeing to pay any amount that has been previously entered into the machine, and if you cannot see that amount, this is unacceptable. Surely every restaurant should show the customer exactly how much they will be paying on the machine, and make sure it is absolutely correct.

Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

Having the dinner with my wife at the Gerry's at Station 2 Boracay. The experience is very disappointing and bad. The service is quite bad. Guests came later than us got led to the table and served earlier. Our drinks waited there and the ice melted. Our food was served with worse quality than other two tables, and much worse than their pictures in their menus. Very noisy inside, not to mention the oily smell came from the kitchen. If you look for bad service and bad dining experience, this is the place to go. Be safe!

1  Thank M9524JFryanh
Reviewed 13 February 2020 via mobile

This place is located along white beach . It is very busy and you will probably have to wait in line to get a table . I thought the food was quite decent . I especially loved the crispy skin pork belly.

Date of visit: February 2020