“Great little hide-away from the hustle n bustle of Bora!”

Henann Lagoon Resort
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 28 August 2012

So checked into this hotel thinking it was by the beach, it's not it's literally a 2 min walk away from it. There are 3 Regency hotels in Bora: Regency Beach Resort (obviously by the beach); Regency Gardens (next to the Reg. Beach but without access to the beach) and this one, Lagoon.

The hotel is very clean and minimal, which is great and the staff are beyond hospitable. There were three of us that shared the premium room which leads into the main pool/lagoon. The room itself is spacious and has the main things a good hotel has: toiletries, towels, safe, a/c, tv with cable and mini bar. No bathroom or slippers though, but that isn't a huge problem. There is amble storage space to hang up and but clothes away. The mini terrace has a small dining table, two chairs, sun lounger and drying rack for your trunks; it also has stairs that lead into the pool. The massive sliding doors are in between the mosquito net type shutters and normal type shutters.

Safety isn't an issue as all rooms face the main pool and rooms require key card access.

Food is okay in this place, it's not exactly great but it'll do. There were a lot of Koreans guests staying in this resort and thus you get the loadsa meat options and kimchi for brekkie :) (I'm not Korean, but love Kimchi!)

We went in August 2012 and it was still quite busy. However, I wouldn't recommend booking this hotel if you're in a group of lads who want to get drunk and party all night: I'd say the Regency Beach Resort is more for that... this resort was filled with couples and young families. At times we felt that the atmosphere was a wee bit mellow for us.

I'd definitely book this hotel again if I were travelling with family or someone on a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here during the first week of June. Although it was the start of the lean season, I was surprised to see that the hotel was full with mostly Korean and Taiwanese groups. The hotel in itself is beautiful with an impressive lagoon type swimming pool that seems to occupy most of the property. We stayed at a de luxe room on the 4th floor with a nice view of the lagoon. The rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the pool. The hotel is located along the main road but is an easy 3 to 5 min. walk to the beach front. If you prefer not to walk, there are golf carts by the entrance that can shuttle you to their sister resort, the Boracay Regency, which is right by the beach.

The room and ensuite bath are good sized, clean, quiet and well appointed. In general, the staff were kind and polite as expected. The service orientation, however, appears inconsistent on a number of occasions for mere simple requests. Once upon leaving the room, a couple of housekeeping staff were right by our room door. I requested for an additional glass to be placed in the room but was told to instead call room service. On another occasion, I called room service and requested for a pitcher of water but was instead told to dial housekeeping. Another odd moment was at the main restaurant. During our first breakfast, I requested for a bigger glass for the juice as I didn't want to keep on getting up just to refill those tiny juice glasses. The waiter gladly gave me a tall glass. The next morning, I made the same request and was given the same tall glass. However, the buffet table had ran out of Orange juice and the kitchen was still preparing the refill. The waiter then offered to just bring me my glass of juice once it's done. To my surprise the juice did come but in a small glass. I asked the waiter what happened to the tall glass he gave me earlier. the waiter then said that the bar tender didn't allow the use of the tall glass because it wasn't 'standard'...Duh! It shouldn't be such a big deal but for simple requests such as the ones mentioned, it somehow appears to be such a big deal for them.

For the food, the hotel does serve a decent breakfast spread. Nothing too fancy but has enough choices so you can have your fill. Since we spent most of our time by the beach, we weren't able to try the ala carte menu aside from ordering room service on our last evening. Most dishes were ok but the pork in the sinigang (sour soup) we ordered hardly had any meat and consisted of about 70% fat!

It was overall a nice stay in a nice hotel. Pleasurable if not for these little details.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bryantpark88
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Excellent location. Near white beach and its restaurants, but not in its noise.
Just five minutes walking or two minutes with the free shuttle.

Nice treatment by hotel staff.

Great quality in food for breakfast as well as for the different types of dinners offered.

Beautiful view to the gigantic pool from the rooms.

We were a couple of honeymooners and our experience was perfect.
I'd definitely repeat in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 5nano5
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed there last summer and booked the family room. The room was comfortable and spacious enough for the five of us. People were accomodating and we had a fun time swimming in the pool. They served welcome drinks, breakfast was good and the shuttle service is also convenient as it brings you to their beachfront property, boracay regency. However, I will choose to stay at the regency lagoon again as I find it more peaceful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lexy21
Reviewed 9 July 2012

It's has a unique pool, I recommend u to stay at a room w/ poolside... very relaxing and splendid. Its quite a bit far from the beachfront though there are service cart to & fro.,, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012