“Divemaster Course ”

Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Philippine Fun Divers, Inc. is a PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Dive Resort located at the heart of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines and we opened the dive center 01 Feb 2008. We offer the full range of PADI regular and specialty courses. We teach in English, Japanese, German, Chinese, Italian, and Filipino. Instructor Development Courses are conducted at least 4 times a year or as the need arises. Please check the IDC link in our website for dates. We teach EFR Instructor Courses. We conduct boat dives, beach dives, early morning dives, night dives and day trips. We dive at 21 dive sites around Panglao including Balicasag Island, plus the dive sites at Cabilao Island and Pamilacan Island. We book room accommodations for you primarily with Lost Horizon Beach Resort or other resorts if the need arises, arrange airports and ferry ports round trip transfers as well as sightseeing tours. We are open 365 days a year :) from 8:00am till 6:00pm. Welcome to paradise!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I was doing the Divemaster and DSD Leader with Philippines fun divers for one month and it was a awesome time with these professionals. Everyone is so nice and they work so hard to give customers a great time. I appreciate that. Specially thanks to Frank he was my Instructor during the time and I learned a lot from him not just about diving. I definitely wanna come back to dive with them again. Cheers!

best regards

in 13 reviews
"great teacher"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I came to Philippines Fun Divers to do my OW certification in September last year... I had such a positive experience that I had already decided to do my Advance OW here too, but I ended up doing it in Mexico (couldn´t regret more my decision). My (bad) experience in México gave me enough perspective to understand that good dive shops as well as responsible and reliable instructors are the exceptions and not the rule… And once you found one, you simple better stay around… So I came back in March this year for the EFR and Enriched Air, and I just finished the Rescue Diver course. The fact that I keep coming back (and that I will come back to do other courses like sidemount and Dive master) show pretty clear my opinion about Philippines Fun Divers and about Frank Yamamoto, my Instructor.
The short version is: The facilities are clean, well organized and complete. The equipment is well maintained. The staff is friendly and very professional; make you feel welcomed since the first email. Frank is a wonderful instructor: besides the knowledge required by PADI, he goes the extra mile when he realizes the student is interested and shares the knowledge coming from his own (impressive) personal experience as former Marine. Above all I felt very safe with him underwater and this is essential for a beginner.
Congratulations PFD, you have a serious fan here =D See you all back in a couple of months!

1  Thank natimuru
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband and I didn't go for the certification course due to lack of time. We had to take the Discover Scuba Dive which is for beginners. There is an elaborate theory session followed by practicals in the pool and then the actual dive in the ocean at the Alona Housereef. The Alona Housereef is a beautiful coral site rich with diverse types of fishes (especially star fishes). Our instructor, Rex, was nice and patient.

1  Thank Goral G
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Excellent instructors, excellent diving, excellent equipment and dive shop.
We did a full day of diving out to Balicasag Island and it was stunning! I had a few issues with my dive (equalising), but our guide was patient and helpful.

1  Thank k_chanas