Hayahay Resort
US$ 37
Chriscentville Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
US$ 38
  • Restaurant
Vest Grand Suites(Tagbilaran City)(Great Value!)
US$ 26
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsgenesis diversbeach frontalona beachcarry the luggagehotel roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbig bedthe main roadprawnsdive shoprestaurant downstairslocation is greatsmall hotelstayed nightsthe ground floorhot and cold showerday tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I spent a week in Hayahay resort as I was going there to pass my Open Water scuba diving certification end of October 2011.
The hotel is globally good with good food, good accomodation and smiling staff. It's right next to the ONLY active bar of the beach (Coca Vida). No worry, you won't hear it at night but it's very convenient to have some activity next to your place. Just for you to know: the bed are tough BUT you can ask for a soft bed replacement (free of course).

The diving place associated, Genesis Divers, was great! Really friendly staff that makes sure all goes your way to make your time enjoyable and confortable. If I recommend one diving place it's that one!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Excellent room with superb walk in shower.

Very helpful and attentive friendly staff.

Good choice of home cooked food and plenty of it.

Very relaxing location
One downside there is no swimming pool ,only the sea

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We first came to stay for 6 night but ended up staying 11! The rooms are clean and the staff is good. Our room had sufficient AC and you can use the fridge to keep your drinks cold. However the best thing related to the hotel is Genesis Divers 50 meters away. I took the OWD course and 4 extra dives and my girlfriend dived about 6 dives and we were very happy that we choose Genesis Divers for this. All the best to Luhr and the rest of the staff!

Room Tip: Clean room, clean bathroom, hot water, AC, TV, Fridge
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JT_81_18
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The following are the things you need know:
- The rooms do not have any view
- It takes some time for the aircon to cool the room
- They charge 5% for credit card
- The room rates indicated in their website may not be the actual price you will be paying. Advertised as room for 3 but they will charge you with additional P700 per day for the 3rd person.
- The pizza is not that good
- They do not allow cancellation of reservation

The good points:
- The place looks clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank whilyn
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stayed here with a friend from Feb. 17th to 20th, 2011. We arrived at 2:00pm exactly and it took about 20-30mins to check-in because apparently the AC in our room wasn't working so they had to put a new one in. Was a bit frustrated with the wait but in the end it paid off because the AC worked perfectly all throughout our stay and was even too cold at times that we'd have to turn it off.

The room is small but clean. There is a mini bar and you get two bottles of water everyday complimentary. There is a flat screen TV although there were only 13 channels. Star Movies is the only movie channel and you're lucky to find anything else on the other channels... then again are you there to watch TV? The bathroom was clean and a good size. Shampoo and soap are provided in dispensers and there is a water heater. Shower pressure was good but there was one time when I was in the shower the water was completely gone but I waited maybe a minute or two and it came back on. Outside the rooms you are provided with racks to hang your wet suits, towels, etc. Could work on the lighting in the rooms because when the curtains are closed it's pretty dim inside.

The last time I was in Bohol I stayed in Tagbilaran City and the food was really bad. The best food I had during that trip was in Pizza Hut! I wasn't expecting much this time around but I was thoroughly impressed with every meal. I guess there are better cooks on Alona Beach because of the amount of foreigners who visit. Hayahay had the best food by far and the pizzas are REALLY good! The prices are better too than some of the other places we visited.

We paid Php2,800.00/night/room. Unfortunately this price did not include breakfast. I heard that other places offered around the same price that did include breakfast. Must check that out next time. The location of Hayahay is really good too, right next to Oops Bar. Location is not a big problem on this beach though since everything is nearby and right next to each other.

We didn't have any problems with any of the staff. They could be a little bit more conversational with the guests but this isn't uncommon in the Philippines as they tend to be more shy.

I wasn't impressed by the beach. The shoreline is quite small and when it's high tide you best keep to the areas closest to the resorts/restaurants. There was a lot of seaweed and only a few places would rake their beachfront. Very few provided lounge chairs as well. There were also a lot of boats for the divers. Alona Beach is really more for the divers because there's not much else to do rather than eat and lay on the beach.

Although I had a good time here I don't think I will stay on Alona Beach next time. I prefer the beach at Bohol Beach Club.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends