All reviews place to stay towels palawan airport pesos manila
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

On arrival the staff were unfriendly and not welcoming. We then saw the ‘xtra’ board where we had to pay for towels, blankets, pillows, toiletries etc.

The staff were rude whilst trying to explain and didn’t communicate well with us at all.

It’s a shame as it has real potential as a modern hotel. Just needs some new staff and policies :)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elliejsimpson
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Pros-
-fairly modern hotel
-rooms are relatively well sized
-air con works well

Cons-
-extra cost for towels (first time in 4months of travelling I've not been given a towel)
-extra cost for any toiletry (100peso)
-extra cost for a blanket (100peso)
-extra cost for room cleaning (250peso)
-extra cost for pillow (50peso)
-rude unwelcoming receptionist
-location wise there's nothing around
-toilet bath room windows do not shut meaning various bugs and mosquitos can enter freely and external noises can't be minimised
-the bathroom had numerous ants

Overall the hotel has a fair amount of potential and is pretty modern by Filipino standards however the owner appears out to sting you whenever possible. Having booked the double room which had pictures of bath towels advertised in the photos I was highly disappointed to be told I had to pay extra per towel, this was also the case with all toiletries and blankets. Having complained I was told rooms are cheap because they don't include the basic essentials, therefore you must pay extra for them. Out of principle I went to the shop and brought a brand new towel, soap and toilet roll to make my stay a bit more humane. Their additional fee policy is really disappointing, if they charged slightly more to cover each item it would be much better for travellers rather than being shocked upon arrival at being asked for extra cash!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

A budget hotel at a good price. If you’d like a few more Home comforts, I would recommend spending a little bit more at the start of the process as you’ll save in the long run.

We booked an air conditioned room which was on the third floor prior to our early morning trip to El Nido. The room had a basic double bed, mattress cover and sheet along with two pillows. There are a table and chair, along with a dresser and a TV with a very fuzzy satellite reception.

The bathroom was compact with a toilet and sink. The shower operated over the toilet and might be a tight squeeze for anyone wanting a bit more space!

Be aware of the additional extras you may need to pay for things such as towels, comforter (duvet), bathroom toiletries etc. I have attached a photo which include the charges should you want to know more.

Transfers weren’t included in the package we booked, so we paid 200 pesos and arranged this through the hotel. This worked in our favour as it was raining when we landed and there was a queue for the Taxi rank.

There are tea and coffee facilities along with filter water available free of charge in the court yard / restaurant style area.

Breakfast again was additional to our package and due to an early start we paid and requested this through reception the night before.

EL NIDO TRANSFER:
We arranged our transfer to El Nido through reception for 700 pesos each. It was sold to us that it would leave at 7 for 7.30am and the van would go without waiting for all the spaces to fill which would maximise our time in El Nido. The van didn’t arrive at the hotel until just before 8am and then we waited at the operators office until they sold all seats, eventually leaving at 9am. Please be aware! We also felt we paid a premium and it would have been more cost effective to have booked directly with one of the van operators - I would recommend you research this. Or hotel in El Nido only charged 500 pesos each for our return journey.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed here for two nights last Septembe 5-7, 2017. The place is in Roxas Street. Tricycle drivers always ask if it's Roxas street or Roxas Palawan. The place is clean, affordable, and very accessible. It's near downtown where you can find fastfood chains that are open 24hrs. The room we got is room 206. It is clean and with working heater though the wifi signal in the room is weak (even your cellphone network signal will be weak in that room). It's fine though because we just stayed there to sleep. And you can just stay in the lobby if you're really that excited to upload your trips photo on your social media accounts. They serve breakfast for P125. Option are longganisa, danggit, bangus and other usual filipino breakfast. They charge P50 each for toiletries, towels, and fleece blanket. Over all our stay is worth it considering the price we payed for the accomodation. We book it in agoda and that time the price per night is not even half of it's regular rate. You'll see a board in front of the place saying the price per night is P800. They also offer trips to different destinations. Our main goal was to visit Puerto Princesa Underground River. They're asking for P2200 with everything included. Though we didn't take it beacause we found a better deal for P1800 suggested by the tricycle driver we met going to the hotel. And by the way they do airport tranfer for FREE.

Room Tip: Avoid room 206 if possible because it is a corner room. The wifi signal is weak there due to the router's location.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I had booked a last minute flight to Puerto Princesa and then I started to freak out about where I should stay. I wanted something budget friendly, and close to town. I didn’t have any clue where anything was and was trying to take a guess by just looking at Google Maps. When I came across Xtravelers, it was the “view of the water” that sold me. I booked two nights and bam, that was that.

I contacted the hotel to let them know that I was coming and they sent someone to the airport to pick me up when my flight landed.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by JayAnn. She was super friendly and made me feel right at home. I hadn’t fully checked in yet, and she was already asking me what I wanted for breakfast the next morning. I told her I didn’t eat meat, and she asked a few questions, as do most people trying to clarify my “percentage” of being a vegetarian. She said it was no problem.

There’s no elevator here, so she walked me up to the third floor and there was that “view of the water” I was promised. I was in love already.

The room itself didn’t have a view of the water, instead, it looked out onto the street. It was so quite basic. A bed, dresser, tv, desk, and an attached bathroom. It was just what I needed.

The breakfast JayAnn had talked to me about was a variation of eggs, fruits, veggies and rice each morning.

JayAnn greeted me every morning and even helped book my Underground River Tour. I also ended up staying an extra night and the process to extend my stay was painless.

Would I stay here again? Yes, in fact I did.

PS. I scored a better deal on Agoda than what they were offering me in person, so I stood at the check-in counter and booked my room that way when I extended my stay the second time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo