See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Great location and lovely beach just off the national highway
Had a fan room which for the price was good
Stayed out of season so were the only folks there
Very clean beach, mostly sandy, warm and shallow
Just a note of caution, jellyfish!
Great place for young families
Food also good but as its cooked to order be prepared to wait
Nice staff
Just stand outside to get transport to El Nido or PP
Limited shops nearby

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
villaleonoraresort, Owner at Villa Leonora Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Thank you. We do advise guests to order in advance and the food can be prepaired for the requested time. The food is cooked fresh.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Villa Leonora Beach Resort is very good for these reasons if you're looking for a not expensive beach resort very clean, with calmed and peaceful environment, very slow paced, relaxing place to stay. The food prices are decent, beverages and beer prices are excellent but please be patient with the food after placing your order but i tell you what, the traditional and home made food they served is excellent but if you're looking for fast food this may not be the place for you. I come to find that the people that stay here are very friendly and accommodating, some stay to theirselves and some like to conversate. The resort is 40 mins away from palawan city but if you're looking for a relaxing calmed environment away from all the tourists this is the place for you coz i know it was for me and my wife. We loved it very much. The employees are very sweet and nice, approachable and very helpful. Life here is very simple so if you choose to come here just remember do not try to rush your vacation just chill out and pace yourself but do your tours go out have fun and i promise you will have fun if you pick package tour. If you just want to stay at the resort and relax, swim, eat and drink, play pool and sun bathe or just hang out in one of the cabanas, restaurant or on the beach just to have some peace and harmony then you come to the right place. The owners, Arthur and Leonora are older couple and if you have a drink later than the evening you may see the owner downstairs he has a great attitude but straightforward and full of life. He's one great guy to have a straight up conversation with and full of good stories. Please if you come here do not treat the owners and employees with any type of disrespect or high demand they will accomodate you with the best they can.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2015

My friends and i check in to the room quite late at night around 11 pm from el nido. When we reach at the resort gate, it looked like the resort is closed down because there is a "For Sales" advertisement. After a few minutes the staff open the gate and show us the room which is far from the main building.

Luckily, the room is clean and we had comfort room.

tomorrow morning, the staff helped us to catch the van because we're heading to sabang for underground river trip.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

11PM the gates are closed for security and mostpeople are sleeping. My advice is to let us know the aproximate time of arrival. We aren't clarevoyant.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

I had seen one or two poor reviews for this place, but it didnt bother me as I like to give places a chance....big regret. After travelling around the Philippines in budget guest houses, I wanted to splash out and have a really nice end to my trip, but it just left me bitterly disappointed.

Firstly the place was dead, we were the only guests and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. There isnt anything close by and at night it is completely pitch black. There is a tiny tv at the bar which is hijacked by the workers so You are forced to watch their choice.

Wifi is not available in all areas, as stated..Its run from a portable personal router which the young girl switched on for us. It is only available in the restaurant area so again, You are forced to sit there and do not have an option to go to Your room. Its 2015! and for 2500p a night I expect mod cons, as I said it is pitch black so You cannot even relax with a book as the bar lighting is so poor.

The rooms are expensive for what they are, and do not reflect the cost they are asking. I have received much better service and rooms all around the country. For example no fridge, no TV, a shoddy bathroom with water that was luke warm. The quality of the room is on par with a 1000p/ night guest house.

The food was very expensive for what it was, again like everyone says it took forever. Yes it is fresh, but food is cooked fresh every day all around the world....still doesn't take that long and lets be honest, Pancit really doesn't take that long.

Tours - We were told to be ready for 8am for the river tour. Got to the reception at 7:45am, and waited for the owners wife to drive us to the meeting point. We arrived at the meeting point at 8:25am to be met by a furious tour guide?! She blasted us for being late and the entire group was annoyed at us?! I explained that I did as I was told,...to be ready at 8am. The tour guide said we were to be at the meeting point for 8am but the hotel had ignored this request. We looked like complete idiots.

Im disappointed because it should have been great and it could have! It really could, The potential is there, the location is far but its still nice to be by the ocean and very calming, and I may add its not too far from the Tour meeting point which is nice. However the place is tired, Its like the owner had given up and cant be bothered any more....I dont like giving such low reviews, but I really cant justify anymore. I would not come back here, and I just really hope that the owner finds his enthusiasm again :(

Room Tip: Not at this place!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank jigglypufftravels

Wow where to start? It is stated that wifi is available in public areas. PHP2,500/night? The most expensive room is A/C room PHP1,950. You booked to go to U/G River at less than 24 hours notice, you are lucky we have the contacts to do that. The request was for 8-30 AM that is when you arrived at the meeting point. No one asked about the TV, all you had to do was speak and they would have offered you the remote. You stayed in a fan room PHP1250/night and it tells you cold water shower, if it was luke warm you were lucky. You never mentioned any of this when you were there, perhaps if you hadn't have been so shy somethings mught have been solved to your liking.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

My husband and I booked there for our honeymoon but wasn't pleased with everything. The beach was muddy & dirty. The whole place was not a nice area in Palawan. We booked for 4 days 3 nights but stayed only a night. We asked if we could have a refund with the days and nights we paid but the male owner said 'NO'. He was even rude when my husband talked to him. In short, we didn't got our money back! Food was expensive. They gave small servings of food. Room only average. Over-all, bad accommodation. Won't come back ever again!!! Do yourself a favour, don't book at Villa Leonora!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple