US$ 139
US$ 133
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
By the Bay Jacana Bed and Breakfast(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 19
Priceline
Subli Guest Cabins(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
US$ 24
US$ 197
US$ 153
Astoria Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
US$ 150
US$ 103
Acacia Tree Garden Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$ 80
US$ 63
Priceline
Blue Lagoon Inn & Suites(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
US$ 37
US$ 25
Trip.com
Empire Suites Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$ 46
US$ 33
US$ 73
US$ 63
Priceline
Grande Vista Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$ 37
US$ 33
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinfinity poolfree shuttlehonda bayrooftop barbaker's hillrelaxing viewshuttle servicehotel managementel nidopeaceful placeoffer freerooms are spaciousshort staynice staywalking distancehot watera great place to stay
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

To start off, i want to say that it really pains me to give this place a bad review. I wanted to like this place so badly since it was the most expensive and we booked a suite for 4 days 3 nights. My girlfriend and i were looking forward to this trip very much since we both like quiet scenary places.

On the first day, we got to the hotel by a tricycle which was fine and we were greeted by friendly workers. I confirm my booking and get my card to go to the room only to find out that the room was not cleaned. This was not a problem since we didn't mind waiting for a bit. But even after housekeeping, there were towels missing, trashes in the cabin, etc, and the front desk actually offered us a room swap before we even requested one. We gladly accepted the room switch and went to the one right above us.

From the moment we walk in, everything is clean and nice, so we were happy. Then we went into the bathroom to see around 50 ants crawling on the sink which was unpleasant but we didnt even mind this since we were expecting bugs at a place so deep in the mountains. The pools and the restraunt was nice and relaxing, then we watched a movie. This is where the real horror happens. Since we both sleep late, we finished our movie at 3am and went up to go to the bathroom to wash up. When i got up, i see a line of millipedes, 7 of them, crawling on the floor heading towards the sofa. We already killed one of them earlier in the day and thought nothing of it assuming maybe it got in when we were moving. However, when i see 7 millipedes just casually crawling on the floor, it really freaked me out. We grab all 7 of them and throw it in the toilet, but they kept coming in from god knows where. We caught one of them crawling up the curtains, up the sofa and above the bed, and ended up catching around 20 of them. No, this is literally not an exaggeration and maybe even an underestimation (my gf thinks we killed over 30). This was unbelievably disgusting and disturbing that i didn't sleep until the front desk opened again at 6am since the millipedes were literally crawling above our HEADS. They could potentially just fall and crawl over our face and into our mouth so i decided to not sleep at all during my vacation. How about that ???

The next day, i request for a room swap again and they tell me that we can only swap after noon since they had people in the other suite. We say okay thats fine, and pack all of our stuff and just came out onto the pool area since we didn't want to stay in that room for more than a second. They move us right above our room again onto the third floor, which had no problems in terms of bugs and whatnot (although one of the ceiling tiles in the bathroom was broken and seemd like bugs were flying through it, but nbd). Our 2nd and 3rd day was fine but on the 3rd night, i woke up in the middle of the night with wet bed on my feet to find out that the ceiling leaks water when it rains heavily. And it was raining heavily that day through the night and into the morning until i woke up. I didnt even bother to do anything about it at that point since i was so sick of dealing with all this so i just put a towel and went back to bed.

This was the most disappointing experience of my life. I've stayed at 7 hotels during my 21 days in phillippines, and this one was the utmost disturbing and terrible experience of my life. My suggestion is to completely clean out everything from furniture to carpets in all the rooms (at least the suites, idk about the other rooms), throw away all the bug infested sofas, fix your ceilings, instead of planting some trees outside the resort.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bo K
Panja R, Director of Sales at Panja Resort Palawan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you very much for staying with Panja Resort Palawan and sharing your experiences.
I appreciate your concerns and we apologize for not meeting your expectation. We will continue to work with our staff as they are empowered to handle most situations to minimize any inconvenience and hopefully correct the issue to the best of their ability. and Also It is my pleasure to announce that we will be implementing updates in our property within a couple of months. Again Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I hope to see again in the near future time.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 4 nights
while travelling around the
Philippines
Please do not consider booking this hotel for the following reasons
1 You are totally isolated from
the town which is 7 Kilometres away
2 No reliable internet .Often no internet

3 Breakfast is ok,but had to
continuing ask for plates cuttery etc
4 Local lads building outside my room
5 Road outside the hotel is a dirt track Totally no atmosphere throughout the hotel
6 Food in the restaurant was very basic
On the only good side was the staff. However the staff did not
have any standard uniform
Please try somewhere else

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Panja R, Director of Sales at Panja Resort Palawan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Greetings!

We want to apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered, we pride ourselves on giving our 100% everyday to ensure that our customers' needs are being met. I know that we have let you down, and for that we are very sorry.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Panja Resort Palawan in the near Future.

Best,
Ailene M. Fabro

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We booked for the New Year's Eve to relax. However, my overall experience was unpleasant compared to my first stay in this hotel. The room that I booked online was already full so the front desk officer offered another room with a rate lower than what I paid. I agreed because we have no other choice and she implied that it is the only room left. So there when we already checked in, at first we thought the room looked nice, except for the smell which is bearable on my part. But after a while, my mother complained that she was bitten by mosquito. We checked the room and yes there were mosquitoes inside the room. We were about to call the attention of the hotel staff, only to find out that there was no telephone inside the room (other rooms have). So my brother went out and walked straight to the front desk just to inform the staff.

Here's another story. Because there was no telephone, my brother went out and ordered mango shake and 2 cups of coffee to be served in our room. We waited for about 20 minutes and the coffee was served. I asked the waitress where is the mango shake. She replied that it is unavailable. So I ordered pineapple shake instead. When she left, I thought that the staff in the front desk should have immediately notified my brother if the mango shake is unavailable. So I sent my brother to the front desk again just to confirm if it is really unavailable and he was informed that the mango shake is available so he cancelled the order of pineapple shake. Several minutes passed, the waitress served the pineapple shake in our room. I did not complain and accepted the pineapple shake because I was already thirsty. I just said to the waitress that the mango shake is available according to the front desk officer but she insisted otherwise.
After a while, another waiter knocked on our room and served mango shake. I scratched my head and said to him what happened. He left the mango shake and did not bill us due to the confusion they caused.

After that, we were transferred to another room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Panja Resort is a special jewel in Puerto Princesa as a 5 Star Hotel. This is my second visit and I have been treated as royalty on each visit. I was met at the Airport as any dignitary would expect. Free scheduled transportation to and from the city is provided by the hotel. The location of the hotel is breath taking and the facilities are first class. I have also been impressed with the staff. They are very professional and courteous. It is a true pleasure to visit Panja Resort!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MR_California_Art
Panja R, sales and marketing officer at Panja Resort Palawan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you very much for the positive review. It makes us feel proud and it is especially rewarding to read that we managed to impress you. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is lovely. Situated up in the hills overlooking Honda bay. A ride to town takes around 15 minutes, and the staff are all very helpful with organising taxis, trips, anything you need. Food is good, and prices are very reasonable. Wi-Fi is a bit patch at times, especially on the second floor. But overall a nice stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends