We booked this hotel as a group of six, we had two bedrooms to share. I have to say that after reading some of the reviews I was worried a little as I was the one who organised the trip, but it seemed that the standard of the hotels in El Nido is not too high, they're either too overpriced or too basic with poor amenities.
Yes, the hotel is very outdated, yes, you might find ants in your room if you leave sweet drinks out etc. (but hey, you're in a tropical country, there are insects everywhere!), but I must say that we were pleasantly surprised. We only stayed for there nights, but overall for the price we paid, it was ok for us. Bearing in mind we were out all day every day, the sheets and towels were clean, the rooms were also clean, a/c worked a treat, especially after a long humid day in the sun. What more could you want for that price?
One of the reasons I'd booked this hotel is because of the views. We stayed on the top floor and it was awesome to come back after a long day of excursions, after just having had a shower, drink in a hand admiring stunning views of the sun setting. Total bliss.
The pool was a huge let down, another reason I'd booked that hotel was hoping that we would be able to have a dip at the end of each day coming back from various excursions around El Nido, but it was so filthy I wouldn't even dip my toe in it. Shame, as the bay view from the front is so stunning and I believe that it really could be utilised better. Also, the bar by the pool was shut the entire duration of our trip, so another let down. Forget about using the beach at the front too, way too filthy.
All in all, it's good for few days providing that you have lots of stuff planned elsewhere and only come back for a good night's sleep. Would I come back? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family operated resort with 15 rooms facing ocean view and 5 rooms none ocean view with private balcony... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your El Nido Four Seasons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elnido Four Seasons Hotel El Nido
- Elnido 4 Seasons Resort
- El Nido Four Seasons Resort Palawan Island