Mermaid Resort
El Canonero Diving & Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
US$ 76
US$ 69
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
US$ 34
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Oceana Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$ 53
  • Beachfront
US$ 61
US$ 53
  • Pool
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$ 29
Infinity Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$ 184
US$ 160
Priceline
Out of the Blue Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$ 111
US$ 108
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe penthousesabang beachdive shopdive sitesconvenient locationflights of stairsmarine lifeper dayphilippinesnightliferesortensuitepierpadiprosinstructoroperation
Reviewed 6 July 2016

I stayed for a long weekend with Mermaid Resort in one of the rooms over the dive shop. I have stayed at the hilltop location of Mermaid previously, but I think this will be my preferred location going forward. It's right on the waterfront so there is minimal street noise and it's easy to get to several of the dive shops and restaurants along the beach. The room was recently renovated and was quite comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank kburas
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Just had a week at mermaid resort and enjoyed sabang so much I extended by 4 days. Very convenient just out of the main town, nice food, beer 24/7 and a pool that's hardly used (quality for late nights). Rooms are quiet (unless next to the road) with everything you could want. Will definitely go back there.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Teccie
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the budget rooms of the dive centre which belongs to the resort. The rooms were air conditioned and had bathrooms and showers as well as tvs and a safe. We stayed one night and billed two dives with our dive instructor Rolly. We were the only divers at that day and we've enjoyed it. Lots of fish and beautiful coral. We fed the fish and went down to the ship wrecks in Sabang bay. Great dives.
Really recommended and affordable prices!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Didn't believe the bad reviews and paid dearly. Booked a non-smoking room with a terrace, but was given a room in lower ground, with no terrace. There's a window, but it faced the corridor and toilet door, so we kept it shut. Room smelled of smoke, with cigarette packs on top on the fridge. No apologies for the inconvenience. Oh, the hotel is nowhere near the waterfront. In this intense summer heat, we would have stayed indoors, except that it's like being trapped in a cage. Wifi is spotty, at best.

Asked the reception where to get tickets for the return ferry, and was told I could get it from them the next day. Asked them again the following morning, was told to get it at noon, and it's been reserved. Finally, got the ticket, but when we got to the dock -- surprisingly, we weren't on the passenger manifest, and there's no more space. So had to walk back again under intense heat, with luggages, to get a refund. Again, they're not even sorry. Did I mention it was the last boat? Had to take a motorcycle to get to another pier, hoping to catch a ferry. There wasn't, but that's another story.

Oh, placed my pants by the chair, which was dusty, but since the closet had no hangers, and nowhere else to put it. By the time I got home, my legs were inflammed, full of bites from bugs! Would love to post a picture, but it ain't pretty!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyza25
MermaidResort, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hello Lyza25,

First of all we would like to apologize about your experience but we want to clear some points also.

First of all we apologize for your rooms since it does not have a private balcony but during your check-in time after you saw your room you can ask our reception if there are any other rooms available with the same category and price and our reception staff can check on the availability for your preference.

Second, all our rooms are non-smoking rooms, but we do have cigarette packs available in the minibar. Even though we are selling cigarettes but all the rooms are still non-smoking rooms, guest can smoke outside their room or on the balcony outside the rooms which ashtray is also available. And since the cigarette packs are in the minibar it does not smell or emit any since it is still sealed and our housekeeper check it twice daily. And if you still be able to smell the cigarette you can ask our housekeeper or the reception just to take-out or remove the cigarette packs from the minibar.

Third is yes we are not on the front beach or near the shoreline and we are not advertising it in anyway. Our dive shop (Mermaid Divers) is just infront of the Sabang shoreline (beach) but we advertise that as a Mermaid Divers (Diveshop) but not the Mermaid Resort itself.

Fourth is we do sell boat tickets just to make it easy for the guest that want to travel or commute on the public transport. Problem is the boat operator/management does not inform us about their change in procedure. There supposed to be a slot for the ticket sold in the resort we apologize for the inconvenience that it cause. In addition to this once our guest buy boat ticket from us we ask the guest to be on the port 30 minutes before the scheduled boarding time in case there last minute changes of the schedule of the boats due to weather condition and or technical stuff. At the moment we stop selling any boat tickets after this scenario.

Last is regarding hangers on the room, all our rooms have hangers, and if your your does not have one during your stay you can easily phone the reception from your room and ask for the hanger and we are happy to provide you. Regarding the inflamed legs we cannot comment on that since we we never have anyone complaining about bugs in the resort and dust that can inflamed legs so far. But after reading your feedback we do check your room for bugs and any uncleaned area but we found nothing.

Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience that you experience, this experience is also an eye-opener for us and intermediately we act on especially on the boat ticket issue and now we are not selling anymore and we are not recommending our guest to travel using public transport.

Thank you and good day.

The Mermaid Resort Team

Reviewed 8 April 2016

The room and location were fine. Good A/C and one block away from the center of Sabang. However, they have this weird system for wi-fi. They give you a password for two devices with limited data for just the duration of your stay. I asked for three devices. That's when the fun began. Yvonne at their stuff was trying every possible "Go away now" message with me. Finally, I managed to talk to the manager who also gave me their best "Tomorrow" explanations. I could not understand why they just did not give me another password. Finally, they complied. The next day, I ran out of data. The "Go away" explanations started again. Because of that, I moved to another hotel. I hope that they will realize that by saving money on wi-fi like that, they are losing guests.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo