All reviews service family free boat heritage room shell necklace hilltop room main restaurant macaroons fresh buko juice no air con buffet breakfast insect repellent coconut rice every morning the cottages low tide relaxing vacation batangas port
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Fantastic resort.
We spent 19 days at Coco Beach Island Resort and loved every moment of it. The surroundings, the staff and especially our service family, Bernie and Arlene, made our holiday absolutely fantastic.
We were lucky to live in the top cabin, which was up of many stairs, but it was worth it with the view we had. The cottages are open, eco-friendly and in natural products.
The service is beyond the usual, if there was something you would want or needed help with, they did everything in their power to fix it and help you.
There were power outages and failing networks very regularly and we loved it.
We ended up taking a dive certificate at Coco Divers and they were amazingly skilled at their job. We would love to go back and preferably soon.

Room Tip: If you have a little trouble walking or bad knees, ask for a low cabin. It is very hard to get up the stairs to the top cabins.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed how Coco Beach is treating former guests who is passing by, just for a visit and reunion with this beautiful place and with intention to buy some food in one of their restaurants.

I’m from Denmark and my first time in the Philippines was in 1992 together with a friend were I stayed at Coco Beach for around two weeks. I was getting very fascinated of this country and decided to come back in 2007 to visit Coco Beach once again, this time together with my wife and we definitely have a very unforgettable stay at that time.

Now we again in 2018 have chosen to go to Mindoro and was actually very close to chose Coco Beach for a third time, but change our decision in last minute after reading lots of review about the resort. Many things has changed, new manager and they have extended or made a new main building which is done in a not so interesting way, seen with our eyes, but worst of all people are not so impressed about the place anymore and we absolutely not want to spoil our memories from before in time.

So we choose another resort at Mindoro, but of course wanted to visit our place with many unforgettable moments, but when we arrived there in a boat we meet with the requirement not to take any photos and pay 1200 PHP each just to enter the place and it was late afternoon were we have planned for a maximum visit of two hours.

Nothing helped, even after telling our history from there, how many time I have visit the place so we just have to return back to our nearby resort again with a disappointed feeling.

That’s too low and our definitely goodbye to Coco Beach, unfortunately.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I suggested Coco Beach to my friends since i had memorable experience cherished way back 2014. Discussing this trip via group chat made us exicted. We booked the room for 4 pax then. However on the day of our stay, we invited another friend of ours so we arrived in Coco Beach with a group of five person. We were expecting to have 1 room but the reception advised us that we need to take 2 rooms since our number increased. We requested for extra bed but the reception refused. We have no choice but to agree with their last option. Money isnt the issue. They should've allocated room close to each other since its the reception's decision not us. The distance of the two rooms was quiet far. Struggle is real.
We have no issues with the so called "butlers". They've assisted us to all our request. We love the concept but the relaxation was casted out due to the room distance. We have read the facts about Coco beach, hence they should anticipate guests needs since its summer. Considering that they only provided electric fans, but one electric fan in the room with 3 beds wont meet the ventilation needs of the guest. Having 65 steps before you reach the room is not a joke. On our first night, at 2 oclock early dawn, suprisingly we experienced power inturuption. We felt uncomfortable. No electric fan. No air. We're clueless who'm to advise that moment.
Prior to that, we ordered local delicasies at the Carabao/Tamaraw. We picked chapsuey since most of the food we ordered are meat. The fppd arroves in the table and we found that the sauted mixed vegetables was spoiled. We raised our concern to the server rightaway. But the way the server reacted was strange. She called the attention of the chef as if were the only guest sitting in the restaurant. There were like 5 tables having dinner and all of them heared her scream like " panis daw yung chapseuy"! What do you think would be the reaction of those guest heard that negative feedback? Right then we didnt get any answer from the culinary side instead they removed the chapseuy from the total bill. If the restaurant is serving ala carte, it must be made to order not premade spoiled crap.
We had 1 large bottle of water and we charged twice.
Attention to details and proper communication is a must specially most of the guest are expats. Staffs are very hospitable, very accomodating. But you have to improve more on your facilities. Once again, we understand the concept of the resort. But you're lack of anticipation.
Thank you Paul and John Rey assigned in the bar near silent pool. You should have more of them. Kindly do the needful.
Wishing Coco Beach Island Resort full of success and best service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This is a very good resort. It's 3 hrs away. From Manila to batangas pier then you ride boat going to the resort.
The resort is an island filled with cottages built going up the mountain. So if you don't want to be up the mountain you can transfer in a lower cottage. The people are friendly very used to tourists and the food is good.
I've been here twice with my friends first we were 45 people second we were 30 people and I enjoyed both stays.
There's a pool you can use. And the beach is near I love swimming with the waves. And there's a lot of things to do here. Very enjoyable and relaxing. I would come back here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I read different reviews on this resort which is mostly average and bad, so my expectation in this resort is low but surprisingly my 2 nights stay in Coco beach is excellent. If I remember correctly, this resort was built around year of 1986 and for what it is still looks like today It is still worth a 5 star.

1. Good customer service.
- From the bookings, arrival in the resort, service family and all the staff are accommodating. Fresh buko juice is served upon arrival with the singing staff and shell necklace. Service Family gave us a personal note with welcome fruits and macaroons.
2. Clean room and great view.
- Our room is located in the hilltop. Service Family was provided to us to assist in our needs. Our room is super tidy, the service family cleaned our rooms twice a day! Imagine when you go down to swim in the morning and when you back your room is tidy and when you go back again after dinner, your room is ready for you to sleep.
3. Good Ambiance
- I've been to white beach and sabang area but I love the location of Coco beach because it is exclusive and quiet. During our arrival, they have around 150+ guests and I thought that it will be noisy because of the big crowd but to my surprise, it is still quite.
4. Toiletries
- Though they don't have a toothbrush/toothpaste provided, i still like the toiletries. The tissue quality is very good! and overwhelming :D No need to ask for a refill. They also have homemade insect repelant, shampoo, lotion and coco soap.
5. Restaurants
- Given the fact that you will stay here and eat here only, they have 4 restaurants. We only tried the Tamaraw and Tratorria and I'm already missing their pizza. I love their pizza and pasta! It is a must try. The drinks are pricey especially the fruit shakes and cocktails with nothing special but worth a try for you to decide.
6. 101 Activities
- Though I wasn't able to try their activities I must give them a point for this! Free boat to bring you to an island from 9am to 11am. And the boat is also free if you want to go to a Catholic Mass on a Sunday regardless if you are only 2 persons or alone :D
7. Massage
I only availed the reflexology for 45 minutes but it is great! They are better compared to the reflexology i had in the mall in Manila.

Room for Improvements
1. Pick up in Berberabe Port. I hope you can have a visible staff in the port or at least a small kubo where we can see Coco Beach. When we arrived and looking for a parking we asked different persons and direct us to the farthest parking area. When I saw the staff of Coco Beach, she told us that we can have parked in a better area but it's already too late.
2. Swimming Pool
- The pool is already outdated. I know it can cost a lot but for future plans you can do an infinity pool here :)
3. Water quality
- The room in the shower is too salty so it's very hard to clean. The water in the sink tastes like rust so I need to use mineral water when I brush my teeth.

Over-all my experience is excellent and I will definitely go back here regardless of the things they can improve.
Note: I find hard to sleep the first night because i'm afraid of the gecko or "tuko".

Stayed: April 2018