All reviewsservice familyfree boatheritage roomshell necklacehilltop roommain restaurantmacaroonsfresh buko juiceno air conbuffet breakfastinsect repellentcoconut riceevery morningthe cottageslow tiderelaxing vacationbatangas port
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Coco beach Island Resort is now a very bad place. Bad food bad manement and to expensive. Bad beach if you want a sandy beach you have to go with free boat or go to white beach. You need a banca to go to Puerto Galera or Sabang and back, it cost Php 500. I Never come back after I have stayed there more than 50 times I dont feelI am welcome anymore.

Stayed: June 2017
11  Thank Frants P
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We never say goodbye, but see you again. That was the motto before. I have lived at Coco Beach more than 50 times . I visited Coco Beach 22 and 23 JUNE 2017, it will be my last visit there.. The first day june 22, I went around the resort and greeted the many friends I have there, we talked about many things, including The new restaurant, witch is made of concrete and it is a monster in the middle of it otherwise idyllic area built in natural materials. I think that the new restaurant look like a "BUS TERMINAL", The next day when I came back I was told I was not ALLOWED to go around at the resort, but only stay in the RESTAURANT, However it is not a place you are staying, it is very boring. The management had decided, that I only must stay there. The food is not what it was before, in fact, it`s pretty bad, and too expensive. Therefor I chose to leave COCO BEACH. It was for my 50 TIMES ++ stay in COCO BEACH, That ended here.
What I feel after that experiance is "NEVER SAY GOODBYE, BUT SEE YOU AGAIN" has now become, NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN, GOODBYE . I will never come back to COCO BEACH. To all the staff who after all still work there, many have already left COCO BEACH, due to bad conditions, (new ruels) I would like to say thank you very much for 18 GOOD YEARS, You`re not wrong with that. COCO BEACH has become a bad resort in my opinion.
GOOD LUCK to the staff that still try to make this place nice with there SMILE.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
9  Thank lamsedk
Ina I, Manager at Coco Beach Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi Frantz,

Thanks for your review. Yes, we are glad to have hosted ten of your stay in Puerto Galera. Unfortunately, Coco Beach and its amenities are exclusive to our in-house guests or those who are actually checked-in with us. We were able to give you extra by letting you access Coco Beach even though you are not an in-house guest the last few times you were here. We still hope to welcome you back. You can always book through your trusted travel agency.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Coco Beach Resort very much. It is rather rustic with bamboo huts and basic conveniences. The huts are on the side of a hill so there are steps to most of them so keep this in mind. The higher the hut the better the view but more steps to get there. The pace was very relaxing. We enjoyed the daily boat trip to a snorkeling beach...a different beach every day. The food was good and we enjoyed the spa massages at a reasonable cost. There is also an inn type place to stay but we didn't see what it had to offer.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed 12 July 2017

First of, I'd like to extend my gratitude to the one who accomodated my inquiry.

I was in Coco Beach Island Resort last July 8-9 with my husband, co-worker and a friend to celebrate my birthday. We stayed in 15A (Suite Room good for 4 PAX)

CONS first :)

1. My husband, friend and I were bitten by BED BUGS! Been suffering from itchiness since we arrived here in Manila. I bet, they haven't let the beds dry up under the sun or the bedsheets aren't changed eventhough the bedsheets are used more than twice. The room is humid, sunlight and cool air don't reach the inside of the room which results to the existence of BED BUGS. (Well, it may just in our case, 'cause some rooms may be well ventilated)

2. Lights are too dim in the living room.

3. Too many mosquitoes in the ASIAN RESTAURANT located near the SILENT POOL. We went there to try new dishes but as much as we want to stay there to not disappoint the staff who recommended us to eat there, the thought of eating while mosquitoes are flying around you is terrifying, PLUS they don't provide ELECTRIC FAN (at the very least). That's why, we just decided to order and let them bring it to the main restaurant.

4. Service in the restaurant is not as good as I expected. It took more than 20 minutes for them to serve the food we ordered.

5. The beach is not as good as what you expect. But you can swim when it is high tide.

PROS

1. The whole resort is just amazing.Great interiors and landscape.

2. Staff are accomodating and nice.

3. Most of their foods are delicious (though it may be a bit pricey)

TIP : Order Kilawing Tanigue and Sizzling Squid

4. They OFFER FREE ISLAND VISIT (Don't expect that you will be hopping from ISLAND TO ISLAND). They only provide one boat for 10pax per ride and take you to selected island, drop you off and will pick you up in 2 hours or less.

TIP : You don't have to rent another small boat that costs Php 200.00 per person per activity (like snorkeling, giant clam watching, cave visit) Small boats will follow you and persuade to rent. Well, we did one activity which is snorkeling, I was very lucky to be able to see and withness myself TURTLE (1) and STINGRAY (1) swimming below me.

Just Rent snorkle gears and life vest and bring bread from the breakfast buffet provided and bring it to the island where you were dropped, go to the deeper part of the see and you can see school of fish, beautiful corals and variety of sea creatures. Be sure you are not drunk when swimming.

For those planning to go there, Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank hannahupkmedical

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll definitely look into the issues you raised. Thanks for sharing your tips. We're glad that you were able to celebrate your birthday with us. Hopefully, this won't be the last time.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Coco beach was our choice because of the convenience of their shuttle service to the resort from Manila. Only about 2 hours from Manila bay by car and 1 hour from batangas to coco beach resort was very acceptable. Staff are exceptionally friendly throughout and you are well looked after by the service family. We stayed in the hilltop room which although is about 100 steps to climb affords a wonderful view from the balcony. It can be a little hot with no air con but it is peaceful. Weather in July for us was good it rained at night but our 3 days were very sunny. Great for diving too but we found 3 nights was more then adequate to stay. Food was good especially the clam bake party where food is cooked under the sand. Would recommend to go again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family