All reviews mexican food beach resort burrito rooms are small white beach muelle pier a great stay relaxing weekend rooms are clean and comfortable memorable stay quiet location filipino dishes cold beer mango private beach verde island sean
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I really enjoyed my stay here. I stayed in the 3rd floor Ocean view suite and enjoyed the room and views. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept and laying in the hammock and swimming in the bay were two of my favorite things to do.

Food is also very good which is so important! Music played in the bar area is perfect, and the staff is helpful and friendly. Most especially Sean and Mylene who are a real pleasure to chat with and are hands-on with running the resort, doing everything they can to make your stay the best.

The staff is also very helpful and adept at arranging transport and gathering information on current boat schedules

Travel Tip: Because of Gale storms in Batangas, Mulle pier was closed so we had to leave from the Balatero port which is very close to the Mulle port. However when we arrived the 9am boat was already full. Fortunately we were able to get on the 1pm, but that eventually got sold out for other's as well. So my suggestion is (during low season) to buy your boat ticket leaving Balatero on a big RoRo (car Ferry) a day or so in advance if you are traveling back to Batangas.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor Ocean views suites are the best I think
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
BADLADZresorts, Owner at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hey Buddy

Glad you enjoyed your trip :-)
We look forward to doing it again !

Take care on your travels and see you back in the Philippines soon

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This was my first trip back to Badladz since the renovations and upgrades were completed. Even though some changes were made they have lost none of the charm. The restaurant and bar area are much more open now with windows opening to the Bay. The garden area between the restaurant/resort and the beach can now be best described as "almost like a putting green". Perfectly manicured. I have stayed in many different resorts in the White Beach, Puerto Galera and Sabang areas. Yes there are some other good resorts in those locations, but, for price and location I think this is about the best one in the area. It is quit, relaxing, peaceful and very affordable. White Beach or Sabang are about 25 minutes away in a trike. I stayed in one of the new suites with a price of 3200php. A comparable room in other locations would start at about 5K. The least expensive room is I believe about 1700php. My advice to anyone considering a stay is to look at the photos on the site. Unlike many other resorts, the photos are very representative of how the place looks. Sean and Mylene take great pride in the resort and work very hard to maintain the appearance and the facilities. And, if you talk to Sean long enough he will be happy to explain how he manages to do that.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
BADLADZresorts, Owner at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

YES, we really put a lot of time, thought and.... money of course into these 'renovations' . We actually added an entire new building with Awesome Suite Rooms overlooking the Ocean & Pool plus a new Stainless steel kitchen
Our older rooms also got a facelift with Split System AC units for quiet, clean cold air.

Really appreciate your observations Ray. Always great to have you come visit !

Take Care

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that I knew about the terms at booking (100% payment at booking and no refund nor rebooking accepted if bad weather, as long as there is a boat going to the Oriental Mindoro the same day)
And I would say that we would probably had a great time at the resort as well (based on other reviews of the food, resort and the staff).

However, I would like to warn others, and then especially families with small kids, that this mean that you could risk spending your whole day traveling from Manila to Puerto Galera (in heavy downpour and wind) via the city of Calapan, meaning you will need to get a 90 minute transport in local Jeepney or van from Calapan to the resort, on top of possible hours of waiting on Batangas port, since all the Bangkas going to Puerto Galera is cancelled (closed by the Coast guard because of bad weather) and all who decide to go to the island then goes via Calapan. Don't expect any understanding from the owner that this is not very tempting for a travel party with several kids below 5. (we even tried to rebook 4 night to 2 night the weekend after with no extra refund, but no luck)
What you get is a not so very good communication with the owner..

And yes, I know I have accepted the terms and I respect the owners rights.

But I just want to warn other families about this, because there is several other resorts in Puerto Galera who would not have a problem to re-book you if bad weather (and they only claim 50% upfront payment). I have stayed on another resort in Puerto Galera several times before, and they even let you reschedule on short notice even if no weather issues!

Anyway I just

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
BADLADZresorts, Owner at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Nonsense !
Boats were running direct to Puerto Galera that your group knew about. Two big steel car ferries,RoRos, that run from Batangas to Puerto Galera every day.

ALL of our other guests arrived and had a great time because....It was not raining in Puerto Galera !

You called us and emailed us and we told you the weather was beautiful BUT you still did not even try to travel.

I really feel sorry for people like you BUT do not blame us!

There were boats running direct, no rain & your rooms were waiting

Reviewed 16 July 2018

This place is fantastic. We were looking for a clean, affordable, and nice resort for our weekends out of Manila. Wow did we land on a gem. Place is very clean. Beds are comfortable(note I have had two back surgeries, I slept like a baby). Nice TV for the down time, but there was very little. The place has got a great pool, awesome access to a beach with nice water to play in, but the food! Oh my Gawd it was incredible. I am from the US, and this food blew me away! From the Salpicao(my favorite), to the wet buritto! It was fantastic. Not to mention the very caring and hard working staff. They also offer diving which I will review on another page, but nothing but great things there as well. Stop looking and book this now, You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pool or King Ocean or Pool suite.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thanks Les

It is Happy, Friendly, Fun people like you and your boys that make it all worthwhile !
Glad you liked the Food Our tiny chef Tess says the extra ingredient she uses is Love.

Take Care my friend. Great to meet you
We'll see you again soon

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place for a relexing holiday the gardens are really beautiful and the beach is great. The rooms are cool and very clean. The management and staff are very friendly and helpful. The beer is cold and the food is delicious. I stayed there for four days and I highly recommend the place, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
BADLADZresorts, Owner at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hey Vince

We are Super Happy that you enjoyed and had a relaxing vacation with us mate

Take care on your travels & hope to see you again