Stayed here during Holy Week holidays for 2 nights on Apr. 5-7, 2012. Having stayed with some of the lower budget hotels in Sabang I was pleasantly surprised upon checking in. The receptionist was kind enough and even though we checked in around 10am, they immediately had a room for us (which was good after the chaos that is Holy Week travel). The room was big, with a big four poster, intricately carved king sized bed; very high ceiling with exposed wood beams; lots of wall sconces that made the room bright enough to read at night; and the bathroom was big as well. I didn't have a problem with the hot water, although be forewarned that for some reason rusty water comes out of the faucet at the beginning but clears up afterwards. Same with the toilet, rusty water comes out upon the first few flushes but gets clear again eventually. Not a big deal for me though.
The bed was a king size, with a very firm mattress but it wasn't uncomfortable to sleep on. The pillows were lacking, as there were only 2 normal pillows and 2 square throw pillows on the bed. The sheets and towels were always replaced. The aircon is located on the right side of the bed above the mirror however, no matter how you set the vent the air flow will always hit the bed so we ended up setting the temp pretty high. For guests from colder climates, this would be a great relief from the tropical heat though.
We stayed in room #32 on the third floor which opened out onto the mini garden with a small swing on the side. Very tranquil view and it's nice to step out in the morning and see a nice little garden instead of the usual concrete.
I didn't hear any of the music coming from the clubs down the street so that was good, and there's a great pizza place called Vesuvio that has exceptional pizza. It's actually homemade crust baked in a wood burning oven so it comes out not soggy despite the mound of toppings we had on the pie.
For the superstitious, the big mirror beside the bed didn't really bother me, but I'm mentioning it here anyway just in case someone with that particular concern wants the info.
The location is just up the main road from the pier where you get off the ferry from Batangas, you can't miss the big white castle :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropicana Castle Dive Resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera. It is a romantic castle resort in tropical surroundings of Sabang Beach. The hotel offers spacious well-furnished rooms, scuba diving activities and its roof-garden restaurant with a great variety of local and international dishes on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Tropicana Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Castle Hotel Puerto Galera
- Tropicana Castle Resort Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro