All reviews beach front swimming pool for kids white beach visit puerto galera quiet place resort
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last Jan. 30-31. We were originally planning to stay here on the long weekend, but since we could no longer wait to get to the beach, we made last-minute changes on our plan. We called La Solana the day before we go to Galera to check if they have an available room. We were glad that they responded immediately, gave us a Php500 off on the room rate, and did not ask us to deposit any reservation fees. We had very high expectations on this resort after reading all the positive reviews about it. However, we left the place disappointed.

A guy from La Solana fetched us upon our arrival on the White Beach. He brought us to the resort via tricycle. It was not really a big deal, I think, since all resorts offer this service. When we arrived, the receptionist told us about the house rules and offered us a tour for Php1,200 for two. We were tempted to see the places, sure, but considering the price, it was way expensive for only the two of us, so we declined.

We were brought to one of the rooms near the pool area. The location of the room was great because you can get a good view and background when taking pictures. We then noticed that the lighting of our room was very dim and the air conditioner was like stuck on its fan mode. We traveled for almost 4 hours so we disregarded these things so as not to spoil our weekend. Unfortunately, more things started to happen. During our first night, after eating dinner at Coffee Tale, a cockroach welcomed us back in to our room. We had zero idea how it got there or if it was in the room the whole time. We managed to kill it and decided to leave its remains on the floor so the staff would see it.

Let me cross off the services/amenities listed on their website that they said they offer, and highlight the bad in their facilities:
1. Complimentary drinks - we were not offered anything actually--even a glass of water--for free throughout our stay;
2. "Amaya Restaurant" - all we saw near the front desk were tables and chairs, and they even told us that we could just eat on the restaurants along the beach;
3. "Gushing Fountains" & "waterfall" on the pool - there were none;
4. Karaoke - we asked the staff if we could use it; staff #1 said we could, but we have to insert coins in the machine (which is weird cause if it's part of the amenities then it should be for free), and staff #2 said we couldn't cause it was not working (we had no idea who was telling the truth);
5. Wi-fi connection - it basically sucked. We could not get a connection from the room and we couldn't use it even near the reception area; and,
6. Pool - there were dried leaves floating on the water and when we dipped in, we noticed how yellowish the water was. We do not want to know why it had that color.

The resort's distance from the beach only added fuel to our disappointment. Walking to and from the beach sucked since the street was a little muddy plus there were puddles of water. Asking a staff to bring you to and fetch you from the beachfront was too much of a hassle, too.

Let's not forget the cherry on top of the cake. What we hated the most in this resort was that they tried to make a fool out of their guests. At the beginning, I have mentioned that they offered us a tour worth Php1,200. We were able to avail the very same tour for only Php600 for two from a man named Kuya Benjie. He approached us while we were eating lunch at Terminal. Also, none of the staff informed us that the gate near Sea Jewel closes at night. We informed the tricycle guy of La Solana that we would be out late and even asked him if there were available tricycles in case we get too tipsy to walk all the way back to the resort. He never told us anything helpful. That's why we were so surprised to find a locked gate blocking us on our way back. After drinking Mindorosling, my partner and I did our best to stay sober to ask for directions.

La Solana was the worst resort I have ever been in so far. I think the staff should do their job whether it's the peak season or not. They should not have given us a discounted room in expense of their poor service. I would not go back to this resort nor recommend it.

We extended our weekend vacation for one more day since we were not able to enjoy our stay in this resort. We checked in in White Beach Resort, for it is much closer to the beach.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Charm N
Reviewed 18 December 2015

La Solana Suites and Resort was our first venue for our Honeymoon. What I like about the place is that it's located a few meters (10 - 15 minute walk) away from the noise and nightlife of Puerto Galera. But if you're a lazy tourist, they offer free tricycle ride from the hotel to the beach and vice versa. Staff of the resort are friendly and rooms are also kept clean. They also have a swimming pool, table tennis, billiards table that you can use for free once you have checked-in in their hotel. You may also check their website for packages which includes free breakfast and one hour massage. The only downside is that they don't have a restaurant / bar inside the hotel. But all in all. It was a great experience. =)

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Great place but it's a 7mins walk to white beach, affordable room rates 2 beds 1500 per night... I'm just lucky coz I have my reservation with them for couple but they don't have couple room that time..

Room tip: A/c needs a key to turn it on so don't lose your key its 700 when u lost it
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Fantastic for the price. Located a 5 min walk from the beach this hotel offers peace and quiet, excellent pool, good friendly service and clean rooms.
Stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the hospitality as well as the well maintained resort.
We will stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms toward the back do not have the cocks waking you in the morning.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We stayed here at La Solana Suites and Resort a 2 star Hotel. It's a safe, quiet area and only minutes away by foot from many restaurants and beachfront. We requested for an early check-in, it was approved, we request for a late check-out, it was approved also, even on a off season time, some hotel would not have approved it. The staffs was fantastic and were very helpful in advise on what to do on our stay for 3D 2N. Breakfast were good and many servings of food. We had so much fun using the swimming pool its very clean and they also have videoke which we like coz we love to sing. I traveled with my girlfriend(the birthday girl) and 4 friends. Everybody was very attentive and cheerful. Will definitely recommend this to my friends and family.

Date of stay: October 2015