All reviews complimentary breakfast is water activities place to stay the ground floor hot water php tv tattoo bidet luxury resto nightlife veranda
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Twice we've stayed at DreamWave Hotel. The bed and the location is what I liked the most plus the tattoo artists who are helluva fun and who are the ones initiating activities to try around the vicinity or just making conversation.

The place is a bit pricey (especially the food) but the overall ambiance and experience is average.They could provide around 2 or 3 floor mats and offer to clean or at least sweep the floors on a daily basis, since occupants are coming from the beach and bring along with them still some sand.
Service from the crew & staff can be improved, they don't approach you to ask if you need anything even if you've sat at the table for more than 15 mins already. They don't smile or greet the visitors unless they are foreigners. In terms of the free breakfast, for the 3 days they don't open up until 8am. we wake up early to watch the sunrise and start early for a day of activities, but we have to wait since the chef is not yet in or the one time, they had to buy the ingredients from the market and they only sent their errand boy to the market at around 6:30a.
they should at least offer discounts for food and drinks to the guests that are staying with them. Which i noticed and talked to the other guests that aside from the breakfast, they don't eat at the hotel or drink since it's pricey.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mimers2016
Reviewed 17 April 2016

We booked the so called ACR suite which was sea facing. The price was too high (7,800 Php) for one night and it had two separate beds instead of a king-size bed. The bathroom was not in great shape, there were cracks on the ceiling. The window overlooking the beach doesn't have a door to go out to, you have to open the main door. There are two air condition over each bed, which is something funny why two and not one. There is no telephone in the room to call anyone. The lock was not even fixed. Too many lights for reasons I don't know. I would not recommend booking this suite unless you are a group of friends or a big family. Not for honeymoon couples at all. The prices in this place is a rip off and the quality is really not great. The restaurant was okay, the food we ordered was good - squid with cheese, tamarind soup, but the ice cream desert was melted (well there were power cuts). The service at the restaurant was not too bad though the Spanish omelet I ordered took a long time to get it over. The receptionist was nice enough to charge us Php300 per hour to get a late checkout although she promised a late check-out at 2pm but she charged us nonetheless from 1pm until 4pm. Don't expect such cleanliness. My expectations were really doused from the hotels' condition. Even the wifi was non existent even though I was given a password to use. The hotel's location is good as most of the hotels are in the area, all are near the beach. It's not a luxury hotel but maybe one of the few "clean" ones. All in all, we moved to another hotel as we were not comfortable with the expensive suite they gave us.

Room Tip: Have a look at the room you are taking first before taking one.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Good thing about staying at this place is just the good view of the beach, just a few
steps from the beach but when it comes to the rooms, services and food its all just average. We stayed with a family of 8 we stayed on their family room but beds are not enough for all of us they didn't even bother to offer us extra bed or pillows.Food are so basic nothing special and yet it is over priced.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jobzkee
Reviewed 24 March 2015

I don't consider myself as a luxury traveler but being the hygiene freak that my girlfriend and I are, we've decided not to stay here the next time we visit PG this coming April 2015. The bed was okay, a bit lumpy but comfortable to sleep in. The floor mats are so dusty it's a good thing I brought my meds and inhaler so those kept me going through the night. There are a lot of cobwebs so it's seems that they did not clean the room. The bathroom - gosh, where do I even begin. Faucet is dirty and had a bit of rust, the shower head had teeny bits of hair, and the shower's nozzle was a bit rusted too. The heater was working fine but in the morning, we had to call front desk's attention to inform them that there was no water. Had to ring them twice before they finally fixed it.

For Php2800? I will definitely not come back!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
11  Thank MissApriiiil
Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

Not good for family mainly because smoke is allowed everywhere but the rooms.
I paid 57 USD per night for 2pax while all other hotels and resort are lower than 34 USD. And offer the same and in some case more.
The complementary breakfast give u fix choices between Filipino american Spanish dishes but most are covered by tape and not available. But if u want you can have it but you must pay. So very poor breakfast.
The parking for car is a garbage dump and I'm not kidding I will post pictures. The rooms are good looking but plenty of ants. The CR are very ugly broken tiles holes in the cement, temporary tap broken lavabo.
Often here miss electricity and this hotel have no backup generator because they said is broken and they are waiting engineer from Manila.
The flat TV in room have very poor signal.
The lamp near bed is just for fashion because there is no socket where to connect it.
I don't suggest this hotel to anyone. To be good the rate should be 1200/night