All reviews dive shop beach front first floor llbc diving resort partying puerto reef
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I recently stayed at La Laguna Beach club and can't thank the staff too much for how well they looked after us. From gear room to diving and of course The Gecko Bar, the staff make you feel at home and can't do too much for you. Big thanks to RonRon, Bad Dave and Mark the Legend! Brilliant!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank DominicJeanes
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Staff friendly rooms great for the price as always you get what you pay for hot showers good pressure. Food was excellent great bar up stairs fresh air cold beer . great place to stay for diving .they have a good pool but 50 mtrs to the sea choice of fresh or salt both warm

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith M
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for our 5th visit I think. This is a fantastic family friendly hotel. The food is really good; the facilities are clean, well presented and fun for the family; the service is great, friendly and very helpful.

The family rooms at the back offer the best choice if you have a large family with small children.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I went here because a friend recommended me going here because of the great diving school and good location for diving. This did not disappoint. Fantastic place for diving, and i liked my instructor.

But when it comes to the accomodation.. No-one greeted me upon arrival. When i arrived there was 6-7 crew members standing in the arrival area, but not even one of them said hello or welcome. In the reception i actually had to say "hello, im checking in" before i got any response.

The story was the same all of my stay here. The servers never said hello or good morning in the morning, and at breakfast i sometimes had to ask for the menu even though they saw me getting in and sitting down.

The rooms were just an unpleasant experience. Maybe the worst cleaning ive ever seen in a hotel. (this place has 3 star rating). The standard room i booked was so depressing i upgraded my room to one of the sea side ones, and these ones were better.. but still bad. I think this is way under what you should be able to expect from a 3 star hotel.

Im 100% sure i could have cleaned this bathroom better in 10 minutes.

I can see people have been complaining about the food here. The food is actually pretty good for the price and i had a couple of good meals here.

I would go here again for the diving, but i would stay in another place. 110$ for a room like this is robbery. Even for an european........

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Haansi
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We first went to this area (but small Laguna bay) 12 years ago - so it was interesting to visit again - we were not disappointed!
It is a fairly busy hotel judging by the check-in/out board, but it feels very relaxed.
We stayed in room 801 (double bed and single bed) and had an extra mattress supplied for our 2nd child to sleep in (contacted hotel to arrange). The room was a good size with a large bathroom and huge shower area. A small pool (not used for diver training) was right outside our room which was really nice. Air Con was modern and worked well.
We opted to include the set breakfast menu in our room rate (contacted hotel to arrange) which has 8 options for breakfast (and they have HP sauce!!!)
We had most lunches at the hotel and some dinners. They have a good selection but the prices are a little high.
Gecko bar (upstairs) is really nice especially during the 5pm-7pm happy (rugby!) hour. Great views, pool table, very relaxing.
The snorkelling in La Laguna bay is fantastic - better than many of the dives we have done in other parts of the world.
The dive centre team are very accommodating and professional. My wife and I did a "refresher dive" (pool and shore dive) as we had not dived since 2005 - it was absolutely perfect. At the same time the dive centre team did a PADI bubblemaker (pool and shore dive) with our 8 and 9 yr old children - I don't think that there is any higher compliment than trusting someone to take your children into the sea scuba diving.
There are other places to eat on the beachfront or in the backstreets of La Laguna, a few mini-market shops close by (no need to walk to Sabang) and a motorbike / motortrike station close by which can take you to Sabang or Puerto Galera
Very easy to arrange a boat trip to other bays etc either with hotel reception or with the skippers on the shore line.

So after all the glowing positives - here are the few minor negative points...

Room fan was noisy (loud hum) and not very effective.
Had to ask reception/housekeeping to clean the room properly on the day we checked in. Mould smell (coming from under the drawers) and some termites in the bathroom cupboard - but they quickly sorted this out.
WiFi in the Canyons area is difficult to logon (try 3 times on average) and painfully slow - the outdoor AP is a relic and needs to be replaced!

Room Tip: Ground floor 801, 802, 803 are fairly private and open out onto the smaller swimming pool.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family