“Awesome!”

Banaue Rice Terraces
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Banaue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spectacular terraces were carved out from mountain ranges some 2000 years ago with primitive handtools.
Manila, Philippines
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My friends and I went to Cordillera and I never thought I'll be that amazed seeing the magnificent manmade Banaue Rice Terraces. I only read it and saw pictures on books or postcards.

I was so happy seeing the place and still wondering how the natives did that! I was really impressed at how it is curved evenly and how it stands as if a stage waiting for someone to perform. The view was really awesome. Great for capturing photos.

Will absolutely tell my friends and have them experience the feeling I felt when I saw the famous Banaue rice terraces.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jenna170
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Thai first
London, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A great achievement, but other views in the Cordilleras are more breathtaking”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Difficult to get in among the farmers and villages - typical of the whole region

Visited January 2012
2 Thank mcarchy
London, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Truly breadthtaking”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The rice terraces themselves are amazing. You have to go by jeepney part of the way (truly awful roads) and then trek to them but it is well worth doing. Make sure you also see Bangaan (less of a trek but a lot of steps) and, as they are not too far, go to Sagada too

Visited December 2011
2 Thank JamesXXI
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Long drive but worth the effort”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We drove using an alternate route via Baguio and Bontoc. It took longer but you will pass through the most scenic mountain drives you will ever experience in your life. I highly recommend it. You will even pass through the highest point of the Philippine highway system. There are so many things to see enroute. The additional hours of travel is almost not felt.

7 Thank FearlessNinja
Sydney
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Breathtaking, beautiful and worth the trouble to see them.”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We took an overnight bus from Manilla to get to the rice terraces, which was long and not very pleasant. However, the rice terraces are beautiful and so worth the trip.

We hired a jeepney to take us on a tour and it was just wonderful! We went to some of the more remote rice terraces and hiked around them and it was fantastic! We visited villages as well and bought some interesting wood carvings and we couldn't believe how cheap they were! Someone also showed us the skeleton of their relative, which was weird, but very interesting! Visiting Banaue was a definite highlight of our trip to the Philippines and I would highly recommend taking the time to visit this spectacular place!

Visited January 2011