“Lovely place, great host, highly recommended”
other travellers have booked this property
VILLA JODHPUR MAIN JAVA JOGLO
VILLA JODHPUR FROM THE POOL
OPEN BATHROOM
THE TERRASSE
LIVING SPACE
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
JumpingJu...
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely place, great host, highly recommended”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

My friends and I were looking for a unique and beautiful villa to relax in during our stay in Yogyakarta and I must say we found exactly that when we stayed at Umah D'Kali. We were charmed from the moment we stepped into the premises. The villas were gorgeously decorated and really spacious - you can hold a house party in the bathroom!

The one factor that makes this villa stand out from the rest isn't its location in the midst of a quiet village amidst padi fields or its thoughtful decor - it's the villa's host Marc and his wife.

Marc was the most accommodating and helpful host. He arranged for our transport to Borobudur on one of its busiest days (Vesak Day) within a few hours' notice
just so we could go watch the lanterns on Vesak Day. He even went out of his way to buy dinner for us when we came back exhausted from our white water rafting trip. He also knows his way about town and recommended us really wonderful places to eat at and to get massages at. Even before the trip, I had a good feeling about staying at Marc's because he was so quick with his responses and always thoughtful in suggesting things we could do in Yogyakarta. Marc's wife also made us feel like we're not staying at a holiday villa but at a friend's home. She chatted with us when we first arrived and we felt that she was really kind and friendly.

All in all, Umah D'Kali is a great place to stay at if you're looking for a space to call a home away from home in Yogyakarta.

Travelling group: Friends
Sunnysout...
Sydney, Australia
“Lots of potential, lovely location”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We are regular visitors to Jogyakarta and its surrounds and tried Villa d'Kali for the first time in July. We stayed for 6 nights and the ambience and location are lovely. Marc and Catur really made an effort to make us feel at home and after giving Marc a heads-up, they made a real effort to supply a tasty gluten free option for breakfast for my husband.
We stayed in Villa Jodhpur and it is a pretty, traditional villa. However - we had to negotiate the floorboards - some of which were quite dangerous, we were worried we would fall through. I hope they make these urgent repairs soon. The Cable TV didn't work until halfway through the week (I think this is now fixed). The room cleaning was inconsistent, at the beginning of our stay it took 2 days to get toilet paper in our villa (although I did ask for some), we found a large broom straw in our bed one night, and it was hit and miss whether water glasses were left in the room. In 6 nights we only had one change of towels. Flip flops / thongs were supplied at the villa but both pairs were large male sizes and no good for me....It is attention to detail that will improve the offering to a higher standard.
The non GF breakfast was good - but with no variation, it was a bit monotonous to be served french crepes every morning for 6 days. There were no offers of savoury options. The fresh fruit was nice, but with the abundance of fruit available, I wondered why we were only served supermarket juice - one morning we had mango concentrate placed on the table (in the bottle) that was not watered down! (they didn't read the label!) The variety of fresh juices and Indonesian style breakfasts are what I look forward to when travelling to Indonesia and I was disappointed.
We are dog lovers and enjoyed the two boxer dogs, but I worry whether all visitors will like this as much as we did.
There are no restaurants in the area so you need to be resourceful about food - we ate lunch and/or dinner out, and sometimes brought home something to eat beside the pool which was a lovely way to spend the early evening. There is the offer to have dinner supplied from a couple of restaurants in Jogya and if you don't have transport that would be a good option. On that point, you have to consider transport, Marc arranged a motor scooter for us which was necessary in order to get around and we had a great time traversing the picturesque country roads.
Your experience would also be very much coloured by the guests in the other villa - it depends if you want a quiet time relaxing or if are happy to share with families also using the pool. In that way its a bit of a lucky dip and needs to be a consideration when booking in a small place such as this.
I think with some more refinement Villa d'Kali will be a truly beautiful place to stay - but attention to detail in service is lacking.The potential is there - a lovely location, relaxed and friendly owners, pretty villas and a beautiful swimming pool.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Pool, location, traditional villa
Liked least: room cleaning, breakfast
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Arik14
Bali, Indonesia
“amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in March 2014

this villa is the best place to stay with nice view near the river and great service also beautiful interior using javanesse house mix with javanesse n indian furniture.closer to handicraft centre and restaurant.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: interior and the service
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Benjamin...
Jakarta, Indonesia
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Umah D'kali is a perfect choice for who wants to relax and enjoy peaceful and beautiful place after spending a day visiting Jogjakarta and its neighborhood. This place is a little paradise along a river and neard by authentic ricefields where Jogja Architecture of each villas has been particulary well preserved. The service provided during our stay has always been excellent, I will not hesitate coming back to this Umah next time I'll go to jogja.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Matthieu...
Paris, France
“Peaceful.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 for a stay in June 2013

I began my trip in Asia staying one week in Bali with good friends.. going out every night, party.. Seminyak vibe i would say..
After that, i decided to move few days in another place and finally went to Yogyakarta, witch was my first time there.
I stayed few nights in Umah D'Kali, and felt as soon i arrived a totally different mood in comparaison with Bali, Seminyak in particular.
I would describe it as serenity, kindness of the population, no violence at all, no agressivity, another vision of the time also.
I had a very short time there, but still extremely relaxing, discovering wild landscapes, non expensive very fresh and very tasty food.
I had a wonderful staying in this house, found a beautiful vibe with people there, had deep sleeping, and got new energy that i needed at this time.
I truely recommand this place.
Thanks a lot.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing