All reviewskuningan city mallindian foodwalking distancerooms are spaciouscity viewbreakfast buffetfloortubtrafficleisure
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed in the hotel for three nights. Unfortunately, my booking which I made the same day with booking.com could not be found in the system. To solve the problem I had to spend approximatly 2 hours throughout my 3-day stay goin back and forth between booking.com and the hotel.

The rooms are quite spacious. Service was average and also the cleanliness of the hotel was nothing to write home about. Overall it is an acceptable place to stay but I would not consider this hotel as a bargain.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank upintheair2010
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is a good place to stay when on business, it's close to a shopping centre and not much else and I would not stay here on holiday. Only problem is that you must pay extra for your internet, which is annoying. The breakfast is very nice!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aklkari
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Good, helpfull staff. Clean, big rooms. Nice restaurants, good food. No complaints, but you have to take a taxi to reach anything.

Reviewed 9 April 2010

Stayed with my wife in the mars and venus suite for four nights.
First time at this hotel and definitely the last time

Room size was good as well as the choice of tv channels.
Windows were dirty and food crumbs were found on the carpet.
The shower head could not be held in place as its support could not be locked in place.

A few incidents which happened during my stay there

1. When delivering an additional bathrobe (there was only one initially) to my room, the staff did not maintain eye contact with me while i was talking to him but was blatantly peeking into my room instead. That was very rude.
2. When asked about the location of Tony Roma's, the Concierge staff replied that he does not know. When i asked him to find out, he actually told me to find out myself!
3. Room service order was not fulfilled. When we called after an hour to enquire, the staff said they forgot and their attitude was completely nonchalant!
4. We had to check out early as we were in a rush to catch our flight. As the cashier was taking her time with a male guest, we approached two other staff beside the cashier at the reception counter. They looked annoyed that we interrupted their conversation with each other and insisted that there is nothing they can do to help us process check-out as only the cashier is authorized to do so. When it was our turn, the cashier continued at her leisurely pace, strolling and casually looking through documents before dialing the phone to tell housekeeping to check the room, making us wait until they have completely checked the room for any mini-bar consumption etc. I do not understand the inflexibility over a quick checkout when I had used my credit card for the guarantee.

We have stayed in dozens of hotels. As far as service goes, this hotel is very near if not at the bottom of the heap.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Polaroid
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I was a little apprehensive after going thru the reviews about this hotel in Tripadvisor. Its always better to have your expectation lowered and be pleasently surprised eh!. I was in the hotel last week for 6 nights. Reaching the hotel in Jakarta traffic at around 11 with no sleep, the check in took 10 minutes. The receptionist was a very polite and nice! The room was a executive king room, nice a clean not very big, niether too small. The bed was nice and comfy with three different sizes of pillows.The bathroom was nice and clean too. The best part that the room has got a recliner, ideal to loose yourself with a drink after a hard days work with a great view of Jakartan skyline.Location wise its great as it is pretty close to the business hub of Jakarta. What I disliked what that Internet was chargable now u dont expect a business hotel to do this right? that should be part of the package. Theres a blue bird taxi stand in the hotel basement, so taxis wont be a issue. My suggestion allways travel in Bluebird or the Silver Bird range of taxis, they wont fleece you up.
Breakfast was pretty decent, unlike what others have reported out here. The choices are varied from American, Indian, Chinese and local. The gym is properly equipped for both cardio and weight training. The pool is small but yes it gives you a great view. Nice place to relax after a hard days work.Didnt try out the resturants though as the Ambassador Mall/ITC mall ( famous for pirated DVDs mobile phones & cheap clothing and shoes, money changers) is mere 5 minutes walk, and theres a great food court on the top floor, Chowking and another take away in the ground floor. A decent meal would cost you around 5$, trust me the nasi goreeng tasted great! If you are in Jakarta try out the local cuisine.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business