“unexpected from a five-star hotel, and unaccteptable.”
Review of Manhattan Hotel

Manhattan Hotel
Ranked #218 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 27 June 2012

i would not say that it was unpleasant visit but it was a dissapointing one. When i was booking this hotel, I carefully compared with other hotel in Jakarta. We are Jakartans, so we expect something pleasant from a promising 5 star hotel. The room was nice and clean. We got this 2710 room with a promising Jakarta skyline view at night. Unfortunately we checked in sometime at 3pm so the view when we glanced over the windows was biased by a very dirty glass window! What an awful first impression. But I thought, let's forget and enjoy what's there. We were about to chill out with some cold drinks when we noticed that there were only 2 glasses. Didn't we book executive triple bed? i mean, triple? So, I called the receptionist. Asking them to complete all the aminities. First, they came with a towel and slippers. Second, they came with toileteries. And third, they came with glass. What a service! We went out for dinner and came back late night. I told my friends that I wanted to watch the EURO 2012 match between Spain and France. To my horror, they don't have the premium cable TV. I called the receptionist again. they said something about watching together at the lobby. oh no! I was so tired. I did not want to change my pjamas to go down to the lobby to watch with bunch of strangers. I wanted to watch it in my room. This is not a cheap hotel! Then I opened my ipad to watch it by live streaming. And you know what? There is no Wi-Fi connection in the room. Crab! I had a bad dream staying there. really! Well, at least Their breakfast was okay. Not much of Indonesian cuisine, some pastries that taste like rubber when you chewed it. But other international variation are nice. Just unexpected from a five star hotel. And for me, unacceptable.

Room Tip: a room with Jakarta skyline as the view will be nice if you have a room with a clean windows.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank vallaura

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here for the first time for 2 nights. Conveniently close to office (walk able) to avoid traffic jam while road works are being completed. Check in process was good. Was upgraded to a junior suite FOC. On arrival at floor, it was pitch dark, power had gone off. Technician had to guide me to my room with the light from his mobile phone display! Room was ok, big, comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Tried to recharge phone and iPad to discover socket on wall was not secured properly and potentially dangerous. Some of the finishes looked old and tired. In need of a re decor. didn't get to use facilities, but had dinner at Indian restaurant and was very happy with quality of food and service. Bar on top floor was lacking any atmosphere...and customers!

Question whether this is really 5 start using an international rating scale.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My first stay in the Manhattan Hotel in Jakarta was a very pleasant experience indeed and although I did not get to utilise all the facilities, I have no doubt the service level would be of high standards. Going the extra mile for guests, my phone needed a top up for prepaid and as the lobby shop was close, the Concierge jumped on his motorbike and went to the local 7-Eleven to get a top up card for me. Only small issues, the working desk is a little too small and with the road construction outside it makes getting to the hotel a challenge in traffic(a common issue in Jakarta anyway). The bathroom was huge and if inclined, one could soak in the bath and get a great view. Again only small issue was the shower head would not stay in place unless you turned the water pressure up to the force of a jet ski output.

Room Tip: The executive floors above level 20 seem to be the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I spent 2 nights there in a Mars & Venus suite with an extra bed in a bad quality (it was broken when i sat within the first 10 minutes) and have to wait 3 hours to get a replacement. I also took a massage of Shirodara that was totally fake one ! The masseuse was terrible, keep talking & not have a silent ambience, and the herbal bath was fake ! Such a lot of areas need to be developed !

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Good buffet breakfast, great infinity pool with a nice view and the SPA was also nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends