“nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
bandung
“nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

ritz carlton jakarta mega kuningan is one of my favourite hotel in Jakarta, the staff are willingly to help especially the executive lounge 's staff are so friendly, the room is big enough, the tangible, empathy, reability, assurance , responsiveness for this hotel I could say two thumbs up.

Room Tip: executive floor's is a good choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rudibandung
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I travel monthly to Jkt for business, and I am very grateful that we have a corporate account with Ritz-carlton, Kuningan. This hotel is now rated as my top favorite! I rem the first time i stayed here, was because Mulia was full. After once/twice, i was totally being won over.

1. Great service : I was overwhelmed by their warm hospitality, when I was greeted by my name, by a hotel staff who waited for me after the security scan. Check-ins are speedy, and the counter staff are always friendly, making small talk asking about how was my flight.

2. Room : Big, clean, nice and very comfortable. I love the bed!

3. Wifi / Cable connection : Free wifi and connection was fast. If i have any issue on wifi on my iphone then, they are always able to assist me to solve my problem.

4. Free 4 pieces of laundry : I totally love this service, esp that sometimes i did my gym, and really need some free laundry service. As times go by, other hotels such as Mulia cut down from 4 to 3 pieces, but Ritz stayed with 4. Its not about how many pieces really, but i cldnt help but feel saving 1 piece laundry from the hotel sounds kinda miser.

5. Peace : Not sure if its due to the misfortunate incident years back, but i love the quietness which Ritz offers. After a long day of work, i appreciate returning to a hotel where the lobby is quiet, and not filled with many people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank steffietan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Have stayed at this hotel 4 times. 3 good experiences, though hotel is in poor location and has limited F&B outlets. After 4 days this trip, was confronted by club floor manager and told I had 15 mins to 'get out of your room' . "We have new guest who needs it now" I had booked and agreed to pay full day so I could leave late evening for late night flight. They said I must go now. I said no and it they presented me the bill and said I had to go. I was so pissed off I packed my suitcase checked out and had to go to airport 10 hours early. As I am going to taxi stand, one local manager asks how my stay was while western manager just stared at me. Really poor management and guest handlng. Not even an offer to sit in the lobby.

I thought 5 star hotels wanted business travellers - this one sure dosent take good care of them!
LOST MY BUSINESS FOREVER !

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank TeddyMac56
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We live in Jakarta and booked here for a long weekend escape to get away without going away.

Check in took forever. We had asked for connecting rooms and the first girl flatly and unsmilingly told us that none were available. I overheard her ask her colleague how to do connecting rooms but the colleague was busy so the girl came back and told us again that none were available. We asked for a manager who put us in connecting rooms as requested, but also took a long time and then gave us keys that didn't work.

The rooms are spacious and well formatted. This is the best feature of the hotel. Bathroom amenities were cheap and limited. Very few sports channels on the TV. Beds were good. The desk had an uncomfortable dining room chair, not a proper office chair.

The worst part of the stay, however, was the food. The breakfast buffet had very limited options for a 5 star hotel. Only 3 types of fruit! It is a 3-star buffet. Even the specialty items like sushi and Indian breakfast didn't taste authentic.

Service was spotty throughout the hotel. Sometimes excellent and smiling, other times nonexistent.

Check out also took a long time (20 mins with no queue) so I really question the training at reception.

Overall if we do a city break again I'd stay at ShangriLa. Rooms there are smaller but the food is great and service outstanding. Ritz Carlton is now a brand I'll avoid.

• Stayed August 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

The room is bigger than the other 5stars hotel, and the layout is not the same as the usual hotel room. I've been to the other 5stars hotel nearby, and believe me, ritz's room is the best, and their facilities such as fitness room is better as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family