All reviews kota kasablanka mall riva restaurant executive business dutch cemetery shopping mall room service traffic jam minutes walking big mall club level swimming pool star hotel business trip nice pool kuningan area very nice hotel excellent stay
Reviewed 1 May 2018

As I rode in the lift to reach my room on the 17th floor of the Park Lane Hotel, a man turned to his companion and said, ‘Make sure you don’t get a room overlooking the cemetery!’

Cemetery?! Spooky! Is this the beginning of a ghost story?

I had booked a deluxe room, but on checking in, I was upgraded to a Premier Club Room, which is why I was heading for the seventeenth floor. I love upgrades! A great way to start a stay.

I had stayed before, many years ago, and have always liked the Park Lane. Back then, it was pricy, and the location was a problem. Now, with the opening of the underpass at the South of Rasunah Said, and the Kotak Kassablanka Mall next door, it is much more attractive. Especially, since the prices have come down.

Though cheaper than it was, the hotel is in excellent nick. The rooms are large and high-ceilinged, the bathrooms are cavernous. Only one downside: a shower in the bathtub not a walk-in.

I had memories of the Park Lane’s excellent cuisine, I was not disappointed this time either. Food quality remains high. The lunch buffet has plenty of variety, they do not skimp on the sashimi. The breakfast buffet did not disappoint, and neither do they skimp on the jam, as many hotels do. Bonne Maman jams are available to go with crispy croissant.

So, what is the fuss about a cemetery? Across the road from the Park Lane is the Menteng Pulo cemetery. Part of it lies behind the hotel. But, rather than being a spooky place, it is a serene blanket of green, beautifully laid out and tended, with a charming old Dutch Chapel set in its centre. Thanks to the Ereveld Menteng Pulo - a war grave - the 17th floor of the Park Lane affords a wonderful view north to the coast. [See photo].

Staff are cheerful and helpful and speak English well. Particularly, Susanne in the breakfast cafe was charming. As was Denise at reception, she handled my concerns about my credit card patiently and helpfully.

What about the ghosts? On my last morning, taking a leisurely breakfast with toast and Bonne Maman marmalade, a charming creature drifted toward me. She was scantily clad and carried a plate of eggs. She sat down opposite me and smiled. I smiled back. We looked deep in each other’s eyes. Did I know her? Had something happened the night before that I had no memory of? Was she a ghost? Realisation dawned. ‘Oops, wrong table!’ she said and promptly left. She was no ghost, and she was certainly not spooky.

I stayed three days at the Park Lane and was neither spooked nor disappointed in any way. In fact, I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets over Jakarta ever. [See photo.]

Strongly recommended! Make sure to ask for a room with a view of the Ereveld Menteng Pulo.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a north facing room with a view of the Ereveld Menteng Pulo. The higher the better.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, Public Relations Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear PLaydoray,

What a wonderful review and appreciate all the detailed comments during your visit here at The Park Lane Jakarta. Feedback has always been and will continue to be greatly important for our success.

I’m glad you enjoyed our full range of services & facilities such as the room,the food, the view :) and your kind comment regarding our staff especially to Susan and Denise is much appreciated as this is such an important element for us. Rest assured it will be share to them and their Department heads.

We are happy to know that we will be your top choice when you visit Jakarta:)

Thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is one of the best hotel to stay in considering the strategic location of the area for business and also leisure. One of the best feature is none other than this place is just next to Kota Kasablanka. You will be amazed by this mall if you are a food person. IT has all the upscale boutique and restaurant for you to host your guest.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, Public Relations Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear StevoCCC,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your support is certainly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Overall the hotel is well maintained and the staffs are friendly. Few things that I think can be improved:

Minor issue:
1) I was entertaining clients at the restaurant on the lobby floor. We ordered soups and salads as entrees and mains after. Mains were served before the entrees and the waiting staffs seems to be confused when we asked for our entrees to be served first. However they did keep our mains warm while we had our entrees.

Major issue:
I had daily meetings with my clients at the hotel where we had food and coffees. There was an incident where I requested for a glass of water but was told I can't be served because only my client was having the buffet therefore he can be served but I only am having coffee. I went to the gym, water was given in a dispenser but no cups and containers were provided. My only option is to run back to my room and grab an empty water bottle? And speaking of bottled water, only 2 small bottles of water were provided and the following days only 1 small bottle was replenished in the following days. I find this to be a major issue as water is a very basic necessity and there really isn't any basic common sense to it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Adrianlowyc
Reviewed 20 April 2018

This is second time i stay in Park lane Nice staff & friendly helpful , Big Room , Cleanliness and tidy
Can enjoy in swimming pool ,Sauna , Jim , Good Breakfast , Bar and Restaurant , 5 minutes walking to
Casablanca mall can find many restaurants and shops brand items & good prices

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Thair T
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Thair T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Thank you for your support and looking forward to seeing you again soon:)

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I was very happy with the level of service, from check in to check out. Room quality and cleanliness was up to expectations and menu options more than ample for most palates. The only criticism I will make is that I gave specific instructions on billing to suit our company internal finance procedures (company name and address featured on the receipt rather than my personal name), this request was not followed which caused some disruption and necessitated requests to issue a new receipt. My hotel of choice now for Jakarta, but will check the receipt next time.

Room Tip: No particular tip for room selection as I was quite happy with the room assigned to me.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear AA11111,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us and apologize for the shortcoming regarding your receipt. We have passed the communication issue to our Front Office Manager for further rectify with her team.

Apart from the receipt issue, I am glad that you are otherwise enjoyed your overall stay.

Thank you for your support and we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and to serve you better next time