1,716 results
All reviews horizon club satoo restaurant horizon floor lobby lounge buffet restaurant business trip excellent hotel swimming pool blue bird room service is home away from home five star hotel breakfast spread enjoyed my stay business hotel deluxe room bats
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I have been a world traveler since 1987, and I can say without any doubt, that the Shangri La Hotel in Jakarta is the Best Hotel in the World. Management is invisible, which is a compliment, yet has created a facility that is flawless. The staff at the hotel are incredible. They are very warm and genuine, and can remember your 12 months after your last visit.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLJDMM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Dear harrik738,

It is truly an honor to be considered as one of the best hotel in the world.
I am proud to hear that our overall products and also our colleagues' service from the heart has made a good impression on you.
Thank you for this encouraging feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

Stayed for 3 nights on weekend for business. Being a Golden Circle Memebr was provided a room on higher floor with nice City and Pool view. Generally the rooms are old and need refurnishing. The bathrooms are also in working condition but not to a standard to ShangriLa. The Hotel was busy due to many marraiges during this period, however the hotel staff was still very much available for guest request. The service standard of the hotel makes up for all its old furniture. Check In was smooth and the people couteous. The Main Resturant Satoo has the most amazing buffet with multi cuisine choice for every taste and even vegetarians get lot to eat. However its a bit pricey at approx $30 for a buffet dinner for vegetarians. A La Carte Menu is small and service takes time, so if you are in a hurry the buffet is the best choice.

The Club Lounge is a nice place to relax however the coffee machine makes a lot of noise whenever someone asks for a coffee which is a nuisance and that part should be enclosed.

Overall a nice property to stay on for business in South Jakarta with ease of access to malls and CBD. The hotel does not have any malls or shopping complex within walking distance and sometime during rains and weddings difficult to get in and out of the hotel. Security is very tight for all visitors and sometime you feel you are entering a embassy and not a hotel.

Room Tip: Request Refurbished Rooms and close to elevators on higher floor

Dear tntdubai,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
It is delightful to learn that you found our colleagues' service and also SATOO's buffet was excellent.
Your feedback regarding the hotel's interior, SATOO's price and a la carte servie, and Horizon Club Lounge's coffee machine are well noted and have been shared with our respective managers for improvement.
As our rooms are in upgrading process, your input is truly valuable for us. Kindly contact me at juergen.doerr@shangri-la.com should you wish to discuss these matters further.
It is an honor to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I have really enjoyed staying at this hotel. While service standards in general are very high in Asia, this hotel is top notch. My stay was truly enhanced by Santi at the Horizon Club who is exceptionally friendly, capable and intent on ensuring I have a wonderful stay.

Dear BostonBeachGuy,

I am delighted to learn that our colleague's service has made your stay enjoyable.
Your kind compliment will be shared with our team, especially with Santi who will be delighted to be recognized in such friendly manner.

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

We had a two days company meeting in the hotel and I was very impressed about the warm hearted service attitude of the entire staff. We enjoyed the facilites. Food in the Chinese restaurant was pleasant and gym was very modern and clean. Only shortcoming was the network / wifi in the room which broke down several times.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
SLJDMM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear FamTrescher,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to learn that our overall product and service, including the Health Club and our Chinese restaurant, Shang Palace's dishes, has made your Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta experience excellent.
However, I do regret that your experience was less than perfect due to the shortfall of our in-room WiFi. This matter has been shared to our respective managers to avoid the recurrence in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Shangri-La Jakarta is a luxury and pricy hotel in the heart of Jakarta. The compound is huge with all the 5-star facilities i.e. big (but old design) swimming pool, fitness, spa and free hot tub and Jacuzzi. Breakfast buffet is a legend - with all kind of choices ranging from Asian, European to American and dessert is just amazing. I spent 15 minutes walking around to be able to see all the choices. Bed was very comfy, lobby lounge was nice. I stayed there on a business trip, so no need to worry about the price but if I had to pay myself, I would really consider hard.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
SLJDMM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear CarrieOum,

I am delighted to hear that our breakfast buffet at SATOO has made your recent experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta excellent.
Your feedback regarding the design and also the price are well noted and will be shared with our respective managers for consideration.
It is a pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.