Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
US$ 206
US$ 174
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstanah abangtextile marketshuttle serviceclub floorduty managerfree wifithe general managercomfortable staygrand indonesiajunior suiteclean hotelswimming pool isbreakfast buffetroom servicenice roomshopping centrenational monument
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stayed at the hotel 2 times in 2011. Called the reservations to book a stay, I was transferred to 3 different reservations agent and all of them offering different rates for the same room & dates. Finally talked to Reservations Manager, who offered a rate which was 20% more than their online rates. Asked her that since I am a returning guest and it would be wiser for the hotel to give me a lower rate as it can end up saving the commissions payable to online agents such as expedia, agoda, etc. to my surprise i was shocked to hear from "i can help you on that, you are more than welcome to book with some other agent".

Based on other reviews on Tripadvisor, its evident that the hotel management does not read them but its important to alert people trying to book this hotel that if you wish to stay at a hotel which prefers you booking through a 3rd party and fails to recognize your loyalty, then please certainly stay here.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Shafort
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed here for over a week, having made a reservation on the hotel's website which took advantage of the 'long stay' rate. I opted to upgrade to the club floor, which featured a number of bonuses: free internet, a free paper in the morning, a larger room and access to the club lounge. The club lounge promised free hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in the evening and free non-alcoholic refreshments all day.

I arrived at the hotel and was initially impressed by the lobby. Upon checking in, I was told that the internet wasn't free -- I'd have to pay $25 for every 24 hours of access. I explained that the website said that this was included, and that I'd even telephoned in advance to check. The receptionist phoned somebody to clarify this and again told me that the internet wasn't included. I was then taken to my room on the club floor. I thought it was nice that the receptionist had taken me upstairs personally to my room, until I realised that she was patiently waiting in the corner of my room for a tip -- even though service is included in the price of the room and even though tipping is (very) optional in Indonesia. The room itself was unimpressive -- though the bed was comfortable, there were barely any lights in the room and it was extremely dim in the evenings. The toilet leaked, along with the bottom of the bath tub and the sides of the faucets over the sink. The air conditioning unit was so loud that it was difficult to sleep at night, especially as it would spontaneously turn on and off without warning. Lighting in the room was controlled by a panel on the wall which was actually hanging off the wall, with bare wires visible behind it. The buttons were extremely temperamental -- sometimes I spent several minutes hitting the buttons, trying to turn the bathroom light on before eventually giving up.

The club lounge was equally disappointing. The lounge is extremely small -- barely bigger than my club room -- and has about four tables in it. Staff weren't entirely sure whether or not my refreshments were free and so charged me for the coca cola I ordered. I later queried this and the charges were taken off. I was immediately told, however, that the hors d'oeuvres in the evening would actually be an extra 150,000 rupiah per day -- more than $20. I explained that these were supposed to be included in my rate and again was told that they weren't.

The breakfast buffet was dismal -- very little on offer. Staff at the hotel were generally unfriendly and unhelpful, with the exception of the men at the concierge desk who were always keen to assist with things. However, few staff were prepared to help with carrying bags -- three porters watched me struggle through the lobby with all of my things and only came over when I asked. Even then, they squabbled over which one of them would come to assist me.

Room service was always prompt but the food was overpriced, even for a hotel. My room also wasn't cleaned particularly well - the bin wasn't emptied every day, despite it sometimes being full, and the sheets weren't changed even when I'd put the card on the bed that asked for them to be. My free copy of The Jakarta Post was delivered only if they felt like it. Some days it was hanging on the door, other days it wasn't.

The elevators at the hotel were also useless. Of the four elevators, one was permanently out of order and sat with the doors open on the ground floor. One one occasion, the elevator doors opened between floors. Another time, the elevator doors opened only by a few centimeters and I had to pull the doors apart in order to get out.

In short, this is a pretty dreadful hotel and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. If it was substantially cheaper, it might be worth the money -- the location is prime (though you'll need to travel everywhere by taxi) and the security is high. However, the rooms are overpriced and they'll rip you off for every single possible 'extra' -- even when they're supposed to be included in your rate. Contrary to the website's description, the hotel is absolutely not four star -- even by Indonesian standards.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

If this Hotel was just another Business Hotel at 100+ euros, it wouldnt be worth mentioning.
But at rates around 50 Eur it offers business style rooms with cofee maker, reasonable WLAN speed(charge 10 eur/day), reasonably quiet and functional aircon, and all the usual amenities - nice pool, gym, etc. Good breakfast usually included. Expensive restaurants/coffee shops. The rooms are in few aspects a little bit run down (e.g. the lower end of my bathroom door was a littel bit rotten....) and will need refurbishing in the next 3-5 years. Rooms are well isolated, but take a room to the pool side for avoiding the noise of nasty Jakarta traffic.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank tianjama
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We stayed there 3 nights. Room was clean and comfortable with good views of Jakarta. Location and surrounding of the hotel is great because it is near to wholesale shopping places like Tanah Abang and we can reach there by just walking. Sarinah shopping mall also not that far if you know the the way and it also can be reach by walking distance.

Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank sfy8
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Greeted with a smile and greetings when I stepped out of the car. Checking in was fast and efficient and was sent personally by the receptionist to my suite. The room is spacious, clean and the amenities stock is sufficient. Towels are more than expected. Love it! The view from the living room and bedroom is awesome and breathtaking.

The breakfast spread was good, with chefs at certain stations dishing out local food. Our dinner at Millennium Club was quite nice too and we love the privacy setting. We also tried the spa. Massage packages are affordable. For massages after 9pm, they will send the masseuse up to your room. Very convenient.

The surrounding of the hotel is great. Away from the massive jams of Jakarta and only a few minutes away by car to wholesale shopping places like Tanah Abang, Pasar Senen, Mangga Dua etc. If you want comfort, go to Grand Indonesia shopping mall, also minutes away drive from the hotel.

The security in the hotel is tight (that means good..pheeww), all vehicles entering the hotel premises were scanned and guests needs to go through checks before going in.

The only setback we had was the housekeeping service. Our room was not made up properly. Although the bed was made and toiletries were topped up, the living room was a disaster. Our rubbish was still laying around and things were not cleared. Even the plate of half-eaten apple was not cleared when it clearly shows that we don't want it anymore.

Overall, a comfortable hotel. Will definitely be back here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business