“I like everything here except the room rate”

favehotel Wahid Hasyim
Ranked #110 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Reykjavik, Iceland
“I like everything here except the room rate”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

First comment, I am impressed, I love the people who work here, they are so friendly, attentive, accommodating. You name them, they are so awesome, and that's what make my stay more enjoyable beside some other experiences that I will share as follow;

It's a LGBT welcomed premises, supreme location, only within minutes walking to Eatery, Malls and Entertaintments. So if you never at Jakarta before, don't worry so much, even just say if you have no idea where to go and what to do, this hotel is near to anything you need or want. One thing, I must tell you that the room is small like real small, so if you are claustrophobic, sorry, I certainly won't recommend this place nor with family coz you will feel no space to maneuver around. If you travel solo, this is a good choice. I put the survey and hope they read it, that hopefully they can reduce the rate, it's because for another $15-$20 more, you can have a much better and bigger room which I'm talking about even better location (on Jalan Thamrin) and they are 5stars hotel. So hopefully they will work about that competitive rate, so that's why I won't category this hotel as Budget Hotel yet like some Hotel booking website said, coz there are several around the area that offer cheaper $ with similar or better room/service but they don't sell them online.

I believe they do have transfer service from airport to this hotel or back with an additional fee. But don't worry because taxi is so easy from / to airport. And I don't find a business center really tho but ask the concierge / reception, they will help you for sure. If you print something, there is a fee at IDR3,200 per piece (1USD=IDR9,020 as of now).

They will supply you with simple toiletries and it's sufficient tho, the only thing I don't like, there is no door at shower, so when you shower, the water sometimes will spread outside your shower room and you don't feel like wanna see little flood around your restroom (no bath up).

The bed, I love the mattress, so comfy, the linen is clean and fresh, they also have flat TV and safety deposit in your room with no fee, and they use remote for AC so don't complain because it works well.

The restaurant, the food is so delicious, so good, so tasty, and you must try!
They have variety of menu as well, feel free to ask them according to what you like or wanna taste tho, again...they are all so nice...

Room Tip: You can always ask agent to show you how the room looks like, they are really nice people working he...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank W0rldTravelAdvis0r
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 June 2012

A no-frills place but clean, comfortable (TV, wifi, ok bed, ok shower). It's a 5 min walk to the nearest local shopping mall with Mc Donalds, Starbucks, supermarket etc.). Did not have breakfast as it is too simple for my taste. With 5 min. by taxi, one can choose between Hyatt, Kempinski and Mandrin. No complaints overall.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Fuzzyguy
Las Pinas
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I liked my first stay at this hotel so decided to come back. Reception was pleasant and quick. I was given a room facing the back as I had requested but this time I was on the 2nd level instead of the 5th floor where I had stayed before. I opened the window and all i could see was the wall of the building next door. The airconditioning unit leaked so there was a small puddle of water on the floor each morning. On the third day of my stay, I left at 8:30 Am. When I came back at 7:30 that evening, my room had not yet been made up. I called housekeeping and they sent someone to clean but it meant that I had to leave the room and wait for it to be cleaned instead of being able to rest already.I did have a good night's sleep during my entire stay. Check-out was friendly and efficient - the gentleman at the front desk even called a taxi for me and assisted me with my bags when the taxi arrived. Over-all Fave is still a nice, clean hotel. I would stay there again (but make sure I got a room on a higher floor.)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 June 2012

A very good, clean, nice, comfort and friendly budget boutique hotel. Walking distance to Sarinah mall, Grand Indonesia mall and Tanah Abang wholesale center. Breakfast needs some improvement and more variety. The towel provided needs bleaching or something. It is not like pristine white, a lil but yellowish brown color. Bluebird taxi just right in front of the lobby. Traffic jam during after office hour (5-8pm), so plan your journey carefully.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank DianaJana
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Very good budget hotel. Rooms are small, but very clean. Wifi was working properly, also in the room. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is okay. The restaurant is good, also the porch was very nice! Location is perfect!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family