Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & Conference Center
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
US$ 64
US$ 55
Agoda.com
All reviewsclose to the airportself service laundrywithout traffichotel areacomfortable bedrooms are cleanbuffet breakfastnice breakfastnice staytransittaxiindonesiamallfoodshairdryer
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is perhaps one of the worst properties of Aston. Even for night halt close to the aiport, this could be only taken, if there are no other options at all.
Reception is very casual and rooms are too small and inadequate. There is nothing worth in neighborhood and prices do not justify the value.
Breakfast is ok and the free shuttle bus is helpful.
I wanted to check on one of the travelers remarks on the loud noise of the attached karaoke disturbing the weary traveler in the night and he is right about it.
Most rooms face a wall and have no view.
Last time, I wrote about Saanu, FM and if a choice was to be made between Saanu , FM and Aston, perhaps, Saanu will be first, second FM and last Aston.

Aston will loose its brand identity , if it continues to keep this property..

Room Tip: Best Avoidable
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank seawaves
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Not to far from airport, good price, and there's free shuttle bus to airport

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room is small. Good furniture , great staff but poor breakfast
It"s crowded , full of others PEMERINTAHAN guest
They don"t care with the single traveller.
The rest is great beside the bad service in Restaurant

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is by far the worst hotel, I have ever stayed in my life. At check in, the counter clerk told me I was booked for two nights. I was booked for three nights. Only after checking the Agoda.com reservation paper, he changed my reservation to three days. In the room, I constantly heard a noise of a motor winding up and down all night. I asked to change the room, but they say that they are fully sold out and change can be done on the following day.
In the morning, they did not tell me a thing. When I got back from an outing, I found that my key no longer worked and found that they switched my room. I asked about the stuff I had in the room safe. I had my wallet with cash over a thousand dollars US and credit cards along with my I-phone. The counter clerk asked the security who handled transfer of my things to the new room told me that there was nothing in the safe. I was furious and worried of fear that all my valuables were stolen. I demanded to check the safe, but they told me that the room was sold already and it would be rude to the new guests. I got more upset as they did not seem to care about my dire situation just because they did not want to disturb the new guests. The security guy kept on asking if I had put those things in the safe. By this time, I was raging. Finally, the shift manager got involved and agreed to open and check the safe for me. It turned out that the room was not even occupied at the time. I input my four digit codes and opened the safe door. My wallet and I-phone were still there as I left them in the morning! I yelled "you guys did not even checked the safe" I could not believe how unprofessional those hotel staff were.
This was not the end of it. The key did not work again when I came back from my outing. The key was not correctly coded.
I would not recommend anyone to stay this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Ralph808
Reviewed 7 January 2012

They have free airport shuttle every 2 hours, but you have to book it in advance. The location is far from everywhere, it takes an hour to airport too (traffic is a mess). It's freezing cold in the hotel, but luckily AC can be turned off in rooms. Free WiFi is available in rooms too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo