“Over-night stay near the Airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC

Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC
Ranked #189 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Melbourne, Australia
“Over-night stay near the Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We flew from Australia to Jakarta, stopped at the hotel for one night with a very early start the next day.

The hotel met our needs really well. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful when we wanted to have a look around this part of Jakarta and find somewhere to eat. The view from our room was great and really helped us to see this part of Jakarta and some of the landmarks.

An early morning call and delicious breakfast box was really appreciated. We were given a choice between Indonesian and continental breakfast.

We didn't want to unpack, so we really appreciated thoughtful little items like 2 tooth brush kits (other hotels offered 1 or none) etc.

The proximity to the Airport meant that the dreaded Jakarta traffic problem was minimised.

We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sebert46
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is perhaps one of the worst properties of Aston. Even for night halt close to the aiport, this could be only taken, if there are no other options at all.
Reception is very casual and rooms are too small and inadequate. There is nothing worth in neighborhood and prices do not justify the value.
Breakfast is ok and the free shuttle bus is helpful.
I wanted to check on one of the travelers remarks on the loud noise of the attached karaoke disturbing the weary traveler in the night and he is right about it.
Most rooms face a wall and have no view.
Last time, I wrote about Saanu, FM and if a choice was to be made between Saanu , FM and Aston, perhaps, Saanu will be first, second FM and last Aston.

Aston will loose its brand identity , if it continues to keep this property..

Room Tip: Best Avoidable
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank seawaves

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Not to far from airport, good price, and there's free shuttle bus to airport

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Semarang
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room is small. Good furniture , great staff but poor breakfast
It"s crowded , full of others PEMERINTAHAN guest
They don"t care with the single traveller.
The rest is great beside the bad service in Restaurant

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is by far the worst hotel, I have ever stayed in my life. At check in, the counter clerk told me I was booked for two nights. I was booked for three nights. Only after checking the Agoda.com reservation paper, he changed my reservation to three days. In the room, I constantly heard a noise of a motor winding up and down all night. I asked to change the room, but they say that they are fully sold out and change can be done on the following day.
In the morning, they did not tell me a thing. When I got back from an outing, I found that my key no longer worked and found that they switched my room. I asked about the stuff I had in the room safe. I had my wallet with cash over a thousand dollars US and credit cards along with my I-phone. The counter clerk asked the security who handled transfer of my things to the new room told me that there was nothing in the safe. I was furious and worried of fear that all my valuables were stolen. I demanded to check the safe, but they told me that the room was sold already and it would be rude to the new guests. I got more upset as they did not seem to care about my dire situation just because they did not want to disturb the new guests. The security guy kept on asking if I had put those things in the safe. By this time, I was raging. Finally, the shift manager got involved and agreed to open and check the safe for me. It turned out that the room was not even occupied at the time. I input my four digit codes and opened the safe door. My wallet and I-phone were still there as I left them in the morning! I yelled "you guys did not even checked the safe" I could not believe how unprofessional those hotel staff were.
This was not the end of it. The key did not work again when I came back from my outing. The key was not correctly coded.
I would not recommend anyone to stay this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo