US$ 157
US$ 74
US$ 38
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 47/night.

US$ 46
TripAdvisor
1,262 results
All reviewssignature restaurantgrand deluxe roomsignatures restaurantautomatic toiletbig bathtubbubur ayamthe executive loungedirect accessshopping mallcar free daybreakfast buffetrain showergreat facilitiesvisit jakartacentral jakartabusiness tripfront office
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Its such a perfect staycation at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta. Staying here is like breathing History in one of the oldest Five Star Hotel in Indonesia. Kempinski Jakarta is a great hotel whether you are in a Jakarta for business or leisure. Located next to one of Jakarta's biggest shopping mall, entertainment center, and restaurants.

The staff are very friendly, nice and helpfull. The Hotel rooms are designed and decorated in the style that loved most, grand, beautiful, with nice colours.
My room was spacious and in good condition, with a very comfortable bed and a large. What I love about my room is they have amazing bathroom with a big bathtub in it and also the hightech heated toilette. Love it!!! for the breakfast? there's many varities of food available here. from Indonesian, Japanese, International and the taste its really good.

And FYI, the spa was really good!

Thank you Hotel Indonesia Kempinski for your Great Hospitality, i'll be back soon ..

Room Tip: Choose grand deluxe executive room with Hotel Indonesia View
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
KempinskiHotelJKT, General Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Adam A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to write this wonderful comment. It was our utmost pleasure to provide a memorable stay experience to you on your recent vacation in Jakarta.

I am also very delighted to know that our room facilities, the service from employees, the hotel design as well as the wide variety on the breakfast buffet did not fail to impress you but made your stay even more enjoyable. Your kind compliments inspire us to always give only the best service to our guest at all times.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another holiday celebration.

Best regards,

Alex Pichel

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Check-in desk staff can't find my booking, despite me having booked online weeks prior to my stay. Took about 10 mins to find my booking.

AND ANOTHER 15 mins to get my room.

I booked for 2 nights using the Smart Weekend Rate.

Regardless of having indicated in the Terms & Conditions of the hotel for the Smart Weekend Rate that for a stay of minimum 2 nights guests will get an upgrade up to Executive Grand Deluxe room subject to availability, and regardless of having indicated in my booking that guests are honeymooners, the check-in desk staff DIDN’T and/or WON’T OFFER COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE for our room. No effort to acknowledge honeymooners there.

Check-in desk staff persisted that the higher grade rooms which are the Grand Deluxe & Executive Grand Deluxe rooms were full, and hence was unable to upgrade my room to any of these room categories.

A guest who was checking in beside me just got upgraded to the Executive Grand Deluxe room. So how is it that the Grand Deluxe & Executive Grand Deluxe rooms were all full if you can upgrade another person to the Executive Grand Deluxe room????

An argument then ensued between me and the check-in desk staff, before she called her superior to grant me a room upgrade. She later told me that due to hotel courtesy I was given upgrade BUT ONLY to a Grand Deluxe room. Still upset, and not wanting to argue further as it already took almost 30 mins to check in to my room, I accepted.
Clearly the check-in desk staff has no authority to give complimentary room upgrades to guests, and clearly they are simply LAZY to get permission/access to give free room upgrades to guests. No effort there to make for happy guests.

Mind you, the Grand Deluxe rooms does not come with additional perks like the Executive Grand Deluxe rooms where you get free club lounge access where you get all day dining, cocktails and snacks.

My room was located at the far end of the hotel tucked away in a corner, with a terrible view of a top of a building. Not facing the view of the iconic landmark of Jakarta which is the water fountain, ok.

On another note, great access to the shopping mall below the hotel. Swimming pool is warm but too small for a 5-star hotel. Weekends are too crowded with kids and adults alike.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the view of the iconic landmark of Jakarta which is the water fountain.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eve839
Reviewed 15 October 2017

it is the small things that count whilst travelling, thanks to Nixie at reception and a big thanks to Zella (housekeeping) who noticed my laptop and went out of her way to leave a mouspad to make my work easier over the weekend !

Great hotel and great staff at Hotel Kempinski, Jakarta

Room Tip: great for business travel, great staff, always helpful
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, General Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear jolyonpaulb,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta and for sharing your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us; particularly you are pleased with the friendliness and attentive service extended by our employees, Nixie and Zella.

Your positive comments definitely encourage my entire team to continue providing the best quality of service to our guests. We certainly look forward of having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Alex Pichel

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a great hotel whether you are in a Jakarta for business or leisure. Located next to one of Jakarta's biggest shopping mall, entertainment center, and restaurants. I still can feel the old Hotel Indonesia but dressed with modern and stylish touch.
This time I booked a Grand Deluxe Room to spend the weekend with my little family, my kids were really enjoyed the swimming pool and the playground.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

First of all, the staff is really nice and polite. Service was great! The hotel itself is also nice and the spa was really good! The best thing is the location (very central and a lot of shopping & restaurants) and the hightech heated toilette!!! Loved it!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple