1,319 results
All reviews signature restaurant grand deluxe room signatures restaurant automatic toilet big bathtub bubur ayam the executive lounge car free day shopping mall direct access breakfast buffet rain shower great facilities city view visit jakarta central jakarta business trip
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Check-in desk staff can't find my booking, despite me having booked online weeks prior to my stay. Took about 10 mins to find my booking.

AND ANOTHER 15 mins to get my room.

I booked for 2 nights using the Smart Weekend Rate.

Regardless of having indicated in the Terms & Conditions of the hotel for the Smart Weekend Rate that for a stay of minimum 2 nights guests will get an upgrade up to Executive Grand Deluxe room subject to availability, and regardless of having indicated in my booking that guests are honeymooners, the check-in desk staff DIDN’T and/or WON’T OFFER COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE for our room. No effort to acknowledge honeymooners there.

Check-in desk staff persisted that the higher grade rooms which are the Grand Deluxe & Executive Grand Deluxe rooms were full, and hence was unable to upgrade my room to any of these room categories.

A guest who was checking in beside me just got upgraded to the Executive Grand Deluxe room. So how is it that the Grand Deluxe & Executive Grand Deluxe rooms were all full if you can upgrade another person to the Executive Grand Deluxe room????

An argument then ensued between me and the check-in desk staff, before she called her superior to grant me a room upgrade. She later told me that due to hotel courtesy I was given upgrade BUT ONLY to a Grand Deluxe room. Still upset, and not wanting to argue further as it already took almost 30 mins to check in to my room, I accepted.
Clearly the check-in desk staff has no authority to give complimentary room upgrades to guests, and clearly they are simply LAZY to get permission/access to give free room upgrades to guests. No effort there to make for happy guests.

Mind you, the Grand Deluxe rooms does not come with additional perks like the Executive Grand Deluxe rooms where you get free club lounge access where you get all day dining, cocktails and snacks.

My room was located at the far end of the hotel tucked away in a corner, with a terrible view of a top of a building. Not facing the view of the iconic landmark of Jakarta which is the water fountain, ok.

On another note, great access to the shopping mall below the hotel. Swimming pool is warm but too small for a 5-star hotel. Weekends are too crowded with kids and adults alike.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the view of the iconic landmark of Jakarta which is the water fountain.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eve839
Reviewed 15 October 2017

it is the small things that count whilst travelling, thanks to Nixie at reception and a big thanks to Zella (housekeeping) who noticed my laptop and went out of her way to leave a mouspad to make my work easier over the weekend !

Great hotel and great staff at Hotel Kempinski, Jakarta

Room tip: great for business travel, great staff, always helpful
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, General Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear jolyonpaulb,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta and for sharing your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us; particularly you are pleased with the friendliness and attentive service extended by our employees, Nixie and Zella.

Your positive comments definitely encourage my entire team to continue providing the best quality of service to our guests. We certainly look forward of having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Alex Pichel

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a great hotel whether you are in a Jakarta for business or leisure. Located next to one of Jakarta's biggest shopping mall, entertainment center, and restaurants. I still can feel the old Hotel Indonesia but dressed with modern and stylish touch.
This time I booked a Grand Deluxe Room to spend the weekend with my little family, my kids were really enjoyed the swimming pool and the playground.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

First of all, the staff is really nice and polite. Service was great! The hotel itself is also nice and the spa was really good! The best thing is the location (very central and a lot of shopping & restaurants) and the hightech heated toilette!!! Loved it!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The Hotel Indonesia is centrally located, in a city infamous for its traffic jams, and prides itself on being Jakarta's first modern hotel (from the 1960s). Although it has obviously been modernised since, it has some oddities of layout which perhaps wouldn't be designed that way now. However, these are relative trivia. My room was spacious and in good condition, with a very comfortable bed and a large and very well equipped bathroom. Figuring out the 14 buttons to control the loo was easier than finding some of the light switches, but the one significant glitch was with the air conditioning, which refused to obey any temperature setting. WiFi was free and entirely adequate for my limited demands on it. Service was polite and efficient, and the breakfast and lunch buffets in the main restaurant were well up to the standard one expects of a hotel at this level.

The hotel is popular for functions, which can sometimes dominate the ground floor area where the main restaurants and bars are located. Fortunately, it is connected to a large mall, and this provides a number of extra dining options, especially useful in the evenings.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Peter C
KempinskiHotelJKT, General Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Peter C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta.

I am delighted to hear that in general you have enjoyed your stay. However, I am saddened to read your comments concerning some issues and features in your room. I truly apologize for the inconvenience and rest assured that I have highlighted your concerns for our internal review and improvement.

Your detailed feedback helps us to continuously strive to provide the best quality and service towards our valued guests. On behalf of my entire team, we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards,