1,287 results
All reviewssignature restaurantgrand deluxe roomsignatures restaurantautomatic toiletbig bathtubbubur ayamthe executive loungeshopping malldirect accesscar free daybreakfast buffetrain showergreat facilitiesvisit jakartacentral jakartabusiness tripfront office
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I spent two nights and the hotel stay made my visit in Jakarta. This is a five star hotel in every sense. It is beautiful, the restaurant food is excellent and the staff is wonderfully abundant and attendant. Every detail is taken care of—just what you expect and want from a five star hotel. If I come to Jakarta again, this will be my hotel of choice.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I like this hotel since I know is connecting to the shopping mall (woman :). The Hotel still keep the old photo, the view to the heart of Jakarta Bunderan HI. Breakfast ? Oh i can not complaining with the most huge breakfast choices they had. The best Indonesian porridge, Japanese, Thai, Dim Sum, and many many more choises, it's So Lovely. The main thing is the service staff so friendly. but not in receptionist when they are sometime looked little bit arogan, unwelcoming. but the door girl really nice with she always recognize us. my husband and I always stay here if we come to Jakarta. always stay more than 2 nights. We love Kempiski to much. Beautiful Hotel with great service. Love it

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

Checked-in for ten days, though not happy with reception staff because of the worst attitude... I think its because of the location hotel is situated... But my executive deluxe room and the club lounge, wow just made me blindfold whatever in reception lobby... Though rooms are small, but well furnished and nicely polished... Very good support staff... Overall its a YES if you are thinking to stay...

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed in a delux king size room for 2 nights on business while in Jakarta and found everything about this hotel wonderful. I think that the difference between a great 4 star hotel and a true 5 star is in the ability of the hotel to constantly provide little pleasant surprises to the guests, and the Kempinksi pulled this off in spades. Located right in the heart of the city, indeed the heart of the country, Hotel Indonesia is neart everything you want in Jakarta and is actually built into one of the best malls I have ever visited. Check in was a breeze and i thought that my room was well appointed, even had free wifi. The huge, free standing bathtub was a definite plus. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and deliscious, the berliners had REAL blueberry filling! I traveled alone, being a father paid attention to how the staff played with the kids so that mom and dad could eat their breakfast. At many places the kids are simply stuck in a room and the TV is turned on, but here i watched as the staff carried around and played with each child individually, really keeping the child's attention and even tryin gto teach them something...a very heartening site for any parent. I woul dnot hesitate to reccomend this property to anyone!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Difficult to describe this hotel. I was quite puzzled. It felt like buying solid gold but realising later it is just plated gold. Was expecting something Grand, comfortable and linked to its rich history. None of this was experienced.

The good:
- room size
- big bathroom with huge bath tub
- food at breakfast
- high speed free wifi
- connected to Grand Indonesia mall

The not so good:
- air conditioning (or lack of despite technician cleaning "dirty filter". Very uncomfortable environment.
- only one switch located at entrance for ALL lights in the room. Even the cool looking reading lights are on the main switch???
- nowhere to sit comfortably. Only a designer chair that doesn't fit the purpose
- no desk light
- heated toilet seat
- poor quality bathroom amenities
- no help with luggage out of the car despite plenty of staff staring at me
- "cheap chic" decor all over
- service not memorable but rather "robotic"
- room felt not finished (big empty corner with big empty shelves begging for artefacts)
- dodgy looking stains on bench near the bed

Overall, not worth the hype.

The one thing that pushed me to rate this hotel a 2 instead of a 3 was the really bad air quality in the room.

Mandarin Oriental across the street is a much better option if you want solid gold.