1,295 results
All reviews signature restaurant grand deluxe room signatures restaurant automatic toilet big bathtub bubur ayam the executive lounge shopping mall direct access car free day breakfast buffet rain shower great facilities visit jakarta central jakarta business trip front office
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The Hotel Indonesia Kempinski was perfect for my stay in Jakarat - it is central to the business dictrict and has the advantage of being connected directly to the major Grand Indonesia shopping centre. The hotel rooms are spacious and well laid out with a superb bathroom with features that yiu do not get at home.
The breakfast provided in the Signature Restaurant had a selection to meet all tastes and the staff were attentive and helpful in providing any kind of coffe to start the day and food for every taste.
All in all a joy to stay at the Kempinski and I will return on my trips to Jakarta.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Outstanding room, bathroom, service, location. Impeccable hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here for about a month just before Christmas. As others have mentioned the location is excellent. Not only is the location great but so is the service. They met my every need. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. I put on 10 pounds during that month. The room I was in suffered some water damage and I was upgraded to another room for the rest of my stay. I am now living in Jakarta but keep hoping that my house will need repair just so I can go back to the Kempinski.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at the Kempinski after hearing recommendations from several other regular business travellers to Jakarta. I usually stay at the Mandarin Oriental across the street but decided to try the Kempinski to see if would be a good alternative to the Mandarin, as the Kempinski is slightly better located given that it is connected to the Grand Indonesia shopping complex. Overall, the hotel's hardware is nice and lives up the standards of a 5-star hotel but service is in dire need of improvement. I would give this hotel a 3.5 rating if I could.

Pros:
- Location. Central location and connected to the Grand Indonesia shopping complex.
- Rooms are well laid out. Rooms are moderate size (for Jakarta standards) and I would say about the same size as standard rooms at the Grand Hyatt but better laid out, giving a more spacious feel
- Separate shower and tub
- Japanese toilet washer and toilet seat warmer (not sure if it's necessary in Jakarta)
- Funky, modern-ish decor
- Excellent food. The Italian restaurant is terrific and the bar on the roof is nice
- Good gym. Gym is on the roof in a glass house. Fairly well-equipped hotel gym

Cons:
- Service needs improvement. I would describe service at this hotel as being ignorant. It feels like staff here are well-intentioned but need more/better training. A few examples:
1.) I got out of my car with my luggage and was struggling (in high heels) to get my luggage through the x-ray machine and no one offered to assist, even though I could clearly see several staff standing next to the x-ray machine
2.) It took 15 minutes to get my luggage to my room and only after I called to ask for it
3.) Everytime I called reception, it took at least 10-15 rings for someone to pick-up. When I called the concierge at 11PM no one even picked up!
4.) Many of the staff do not speak English well
- Rooms are not thoroughly checked. Air conditioner and plug for hair dryer in my room did not work
- There was no turn down service - not a big deal but all the other 5-star hotels in town provide this service. When I asked the front office manager about this, she admitted that this was an oversight
- Only one sink in bathroom
- Most egregiously, I did NOT request for a wake-up call but was give not one but TWO wake-up calls in the morning
- Room rate was expensive and did not feel worth the price. US$290 for a standard room

My recommendation: Stay at the Grand Hyatt or Mandarin Oriental and come to the Kempinski for dinner and drinks. You'll pay the same or even slightly less and have a much better experience.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room that faces the inside courtyard/shopping mall escalators - it feels a little claustrophobic.
1  Thank LittleEinNY
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was with delegation on an official trip to Jakarta during 13-16 March 2012. I would give a 4.5 star to this hotel with its strong and weak points (which i consider as room for improvement)

the strong points:
1. it's location in the heart of the city and adjacent to shopping malls
2. freshly renovated with big bathroom, comfortable bed, power/plug point at the desk and ipod station, as well as a free wifi and internet.
3. a front office with a helpful officer, Mr.Taqwar, facilitate my checkout to be very smoothly

the weaker points to be improved:
1. the gym is fall short for a 5 star hotel, it has only 4 treadmills, 2 gym bicycles, and one set of : a smith machine, a shoulder press station, cables station, the laterals station, dumbbells racks, medicine balls, the raise leg station, the back extension, leg press station, swiss balls, the ez bar and the barbell bar.

2. the check in procedure had a hic up, one of the room was not ready for check in, no apology from the manager. It took half an hour delay prior the occupant could have the key card.

3. the breakfast buffet, i was expecting a more variety for a 5 star hotel.

Sum up, the hotel was very convenient for business trip for a short stay in Jakarta.

^ ^