1,281 results
All reviewssignature restaurantgrand deluxe roomsignatures restaurantautomatic toiletbig bathtubbubur ayamthe executive loungeshopping malldirect accesscar free daybreakfast buffetrain showergreat facilitiesvisit jakartacentral jakartabusiness tripfront office
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed there over New Years Eve for 4 nights while in Jakarta seeing one of my gf's. LOVE the decor and the history of the Hotel. Staff super friendly and attentive. Don't know if this was because I am white American or the fact that I was palming 50,000 IDR blue notes to any staff that came within reach..maybe both. Check in was flawless and fast and as soon as I noticed my room was on the 7th floor facing the mall, the reception staff woman that walked me to the room noticed I was less than thrilled (without me saying a word) and IMMIDEATLY called the front desk and I was whisked to a new room the 15th floor with a great view of the fountain ! Fantasic view of the mob around the fountian on New Years eve,,.much more fun than the lame Pirate party the hotel put on. My gf liked the place and felt comfrotable enough to wear her Abercrombie and Fitch mini shorts down to breakfast each morning. Loved the picture of JFK and Soekaro on the wall too ! Other guests seemed hip,,not too many hajibs or full burkas creeping around. The hotel had a good karma,,and if those walls could talk ! Great location, I recommend Hotel Indonesia,,a cool and hip alternative to the mainstream 5 stars.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a Hotel Silverbird to pick you up at the airport if you dont have your own car and driver in Jakarta..they will make sure you get a brand new E class.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JetTraveler036
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed at this property for 3 nights this week on a business trip. Two minds about whether to call it 3 or 4 out of 5 - decided to err on the conservative side.

Pros:
- Hotel has an interesting history- apparently it started life as Hotel Indonesia and has had quite a illustrious history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Indonesia). So for those tradition buffs - plus point
- Good location - attached to Grand Indonesia Mall and opposite Plaza Indonesia. Fronts the Hotel Indonesia Roundabout
- Rooms were nice - good size (probably about 60-70 sqm), big spa bath that took forever to fill (not the hotel's fault!) generous seating

Cons
- Service was slow and whilst not unfriendly, rather lukewarm. Check-in took twice as long as one would expect of a 5-star establishment (admittedly, we're talking about maybe 6-8 minutes to get it done, but it WAS later at night and I was tired)
- Pool is small and unremarkable, as is the gym- latter did not have a large choice of machines and had a tired feel
- The power in the room tripped several times during my stay- as happened to a couple other of my colleagues as well. Wasn't a big deal- usually came on within a few minutes, but it isn't really very pleasant sitting in the dark wondering what's going on when the phone doesn't answer (front desk presumably overwhelmed with similar queries)

All-in-All, a very average stay (I'm assuming the power problem is a one-off). Great for romantics who are looking for a slice of refurbished history and a central location - if at a good price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the Hotel Indonesia Roundabout. I think some of the others face the mall or the Plaza opposite. It's quite a reflective view - a lot of Jakarta's history has taken place in that open area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dell73
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the executive grand deluxe room for two nights.
Arrived in the afternoon and have warm welcome from the staff.
The room is superb with the designer chairs, high quality carpet and for sure impressive bathroom.
Have the cocktail hour from 18.00 - 20.00 at 7th floor and we tried the wine etc, this floor is really cozy and have great view to Bunderan HI.
We tried the spa which is better than other hotels that we ever stayed in Jakarta.
The choices breakfast are awesome.
This is the best luxury hotel in Jakarta from our opinion with reasonable price.
Location ? For sure its the best for us due its only a few steps away to Grand Indonesia & Plaza Indonesia.

Tips : Need quality time with your spouse ? your in good place.
Kids ? sorry boys and girls your parents need some relaxing time hehe..

Room Tip: NO kids please : )
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed there for one night just last week. We had a meeting in the same hotel. The room was perfect - great bathtub, nice shower (rainforest shower), super bed, funny electrified toilet with 1 million functions (such as the ones I know from South Korea), great attentive personnel, lovely furniture, fast internet - all you can wish for. And the best for me was the great breakfast. Would come back anytime.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed here for 1 night during the Lebaran holiday to avoid doing the house chores while the maids are absent. The check in was fast, great service, and spectacular interior. It was an amazing experience to relax in a perfectly decorated room with elegance and luxury. I do love the ambience, the view of Bundaran HI, and the modern room features. The bathroom was very pleasant with complete set of fine amenities. I can even enjoy the view from the tub. Awesome right? The room was very stylish yet futuristic, and most of all I love the lighting, bright but slightly dim. They also provide iPod dock which many other hotels don't have. I like how they please guests with little details like that. The most awesome thing is this hotel is next to Grand Indonesia so it could be easily accessed. Too bad they do not include breakfast in the room rate, so I chose to grab meals at Grand Indonesia because the breakfast charge is quite pricy. Overall, I really enjoyed my staying here and hereby I highly recommend Kempinski to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family