Stayed at this property for 3 nights this week on a business trip. Two minds about whether to call it 3 or 4 out of 5 - decided to err on the conservative side.
- Hotel has an interesting history- apparently it started life as Hotel Indonesia and has had quite a illustrious history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Indonesia). So for those tradition buffs - plus point
- Good location - attached to Grand Indonesia Mall and opposite Plaza Indonesia. Fronts the Hotel Indonesia Roundabout
- Rooms were nice - good size (probably about 60-70 sqm), big spa bath that took forever to fill (not the hotel's fault!) generous seating
- Service was slow and whilst not unfriendly, rather lukewarm. Check-in took twice as long as one would expect of a 5-star establishment (admittedly, we're talking about maybe 6-8 minutes to get it done, but it WAS later at night and I was tired)
- Pool is small and unremarkable, as is the gym- latter did not have a large choice of machines and had a tired feel
- The power in the room tripped several times during my stay- as happened to a couple other of my colleagues as well. Wasn't a big deal- usually came on within a few minutes, but it isn't really very pleasant sitting in the dark wondering what's going on when the phone doesn't answer (front desk presumably overwhelmed with similar queries)
All-in-All, a very average stay (I'm assuming the power problem is a one-off). Great for romantics who are looking for a slice of refurbished history and a central location - if at a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta represents both a celebration of the glorious past and the bright future. Adjacent to Grand Indonesia Shopping Town - one of Asia's largest shopping mall, the hotel is definitely the ideal address for business, convention, wedding and extravagant shopping. Located at the strategic Bundaran HI (Hotel Indonesia Roundabout), the hotel boasts 289 spacious luxury rooms and suites including the lavish 412 sqm Presidential Suite with its private spa. Hotel Indonesia Kempinski facilities include 6 meeting rooms, a SPA & fitness center as well as an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel comprises a lounge bar, a rooftop cafe along with a chocolate confectionary and a delicatessen shop. Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta also offers 3 restaurants from international buffet and traditional German food to Japanese premium restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ibibo Web Pvt. Ltd. , Hotels.com, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hotel Indonesia Kempinski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.