1,295 results
All reviews signature restaurant grand deluxe room signatures restaurant automatic toilet big bathtub bubur ayam the executive lounge shopping mall direct access car free day breakfast buffet rain shower great facilities visit jakarta central jakarta business trip front office
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I spend marvelous 2 days in Indonesia Kempinsky hotel. Rooms and bathroom clean, spacious and comfortable. normally never take a bath in hotel but this time had no doubts could do it with pleasure. breakfast selection outstanding - full variety of european and asian food inluding sushi made made on request.
close to hotel huge shopping mall.
can recommend this hotel to all that look for comfort and luxury touch :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank magda0307
Reviewed 4 November 2011

There was great expectations prior to coming to this hotel but our stay was totally disappointing. The reception staff lack smiles and have airs and graces which spoil the atmosphere. On my first evening, I was bluntly told by a manager not to take photographs of the hotel reception area. There is a beautiful orchid display and I had been taking a few photos discretely like any guest would. I have stayed in several five star hotels around the world and this was the first time something like this has happened. I felt embarrassed and humiliated. I have written to the hotel twice and received no acknowledgment. I want to understand if this is hotel policy and if so why. Also, when I booked my own taxi via Avis to take me to the airport it was suggested by the reception staff that I should use one of their taxis ie. infinitely more expensive. The main lighting in the room was too bright. As another customer has said, room cleaning is superficial. There was a glass shelf next to the study table which was filthy with dust and grime. Also, there is odd roofing in the bathroom which collects dust and is clearly never wiped. When I used a hairdryer, plumes of dust fell down towards the floor. All in all, the service was impersonal and the staff made little contact with guests. They need more customer training. Working for the Kempinski should not mean they have to be pompous and Stoney-faced. If it wasn't for the superb and nearby Grand Indonesia mall, there would in my opinion be nothing truly special about this hotel. I would be grateful if the duty manager overseeing these reviews could kindly explain why I was rudely told not to take any photos in the lobby of the hotel and whether she understands what impact on guests such actions make.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank PierreLeeds
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The housekeeping needs to be improving especially in detail. My experience was they only clean the major area but forget on minor area such as table, chair. They also not clean our dirty glass

Questionable about the room safety, I found sharp edge on my floor room. I must make two calls (morning and afternoon) to ask them to repair the floor. 1st call they not repair the problem, 2nd call they repair the problem

Very Good and futuristic appliance but poor in TV connection

No variation on breakfast menu, very small choice of food

Two thumbs for the hospitality

Room Tip: Please observe more detail on the floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kusnu H
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Nobody could even dare to blame Kempinski for service but this is my occasion. Nice and very informative web site, easy booking, full set of services with detailed description. The fun started upon arrival when I found out that being a participant of the executive floor program I should pass the check-in procedures two times and with no privacy at all. First in the lobby and for the second time in the dining lounge on the 7th floor. After that I was requested to make a deposit in cash or by card for the full amount of the room charge for the whole stay plus possible expense - one day room charge. All my requests were met with just one single word reply and stone-like face of the chief receptionist - regulations. No other explanation. The other case is the attitude to my request upon booking to provide early check-in and late check-out even for some extra charge. First, there was no reply on that request by e-mail. Second, when I reached the stage 2 of the check-in procedure I was proposed to wait for two hours at least to have the room two hours before normal time. I tried to insist and I was heard and granded the available but not my's room which had the aircon dropping condencated water with heavy sound in the room and with non-functioning temperature and fan adjusting buttons. In ordinary check-in time the booked room was provided and this time it was the Kempinski room inspite broken touch screen for the aircon)))

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Max120368
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Hi, I am writing this review while staying at the hotel. I will be staying in the Hotel till tomorrow (22nd October).

First the plus points.The location of the hotel is fantastic. the view from my room of the fountain was very good but also very noisy.

My office booked the room which was a regular room for 225 USD per night which I found was very expensive as I have stayed in Jakarta in very pretty Hotels for much less.

During Chk-in, I was told that the room did not include breakfast. I then decided to upgrade to a club room for 300 usd per night. The room was pretty as all the other hotels in Jakarta.

Then all the trouble started. The room had a welcome note in somebody else's name which was a little strange. I think the name was Mr. Shirake or something. That was a little strange.

All the club rooms that I have stayed in the past come with their own personalised butler service but not at KEMPINSKI. You need to call each department separately( like house-keeping, in-room dining etc.). This is painful.

The room had adequate lighting but no switches to switch of certain lights and keep the rest on. Hence I had to use the master switch every time I had to switch of the ceiling lights and which also switched off the clock. I missed the alarm and my first meeting of the day!! SAD

Most of the club rooms in most cities across the world offer free pressing for few clothes for every night that you stay. But not at the KEMPINSKI JAKARTA. In fact to my surprise and dismay, the room did not even have an ironing board and iron. After waking up late due to the alarm, I had to wait another 10 mins for the iron to come!! Never seen this anywhere.

I also received two phone calls in the afternoon reminding me and requesting me to return the iron. THIS IS BAD AND NOT ACCEPTABLE IN A 300 USD per night room.

After I came back from the meeting, I was surprised to see that the room was cleaned but neither the fruit plate was replenished nor the waste bits of fruits I ate yesterday were cleaned. The whole mess was lying on the table. RIDICULOUS!!

To my surprise, even the bathroom was not cleaned properly. I had never seen this anywhere before.

One more observation is that all the channels mentioned in the list were not working on the TV.

I am sure that guys at KEMPINSKI will take my suggestions seriously

• Stayed: October 2011