1,295 results
All reviews signature restaurant grand deluxe room signatures restaurant automatic toilet big bathtub bubur ayam the executive lounge shopping mall direct access car free day breakfast buffet rain shower great facilities visit jakarta central jakarta business trip front office
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The Hotel Indonesia Kempinski in Jakarta was certainly above average. The lobby was very clean and ornate, extremely modern. The dining area had the largest breakfast buffet setup that I’ve ever seen!!!
There was all types of food, table after table… massive spread! (quality food by the way)
The room was really really gorgeous, marble bathroom and a beautiful over-looking view of Jakarta. Impeccably clean and very very well done!

The location is in Jakarta where there is a dense traffic pattern, this would take much adjustment for most Americans to drive in. I would recommend having a car drive you around as their driving laws (if they even have any) are clearly not reinforced.

The restaurant had great food as well, a bit pricey but very nice service and atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 30 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay in April 2011. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, I am happy to read of your highly positive feedback on the breakfast buffet set up.

Once again, thank you for your positive ratings and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

So third visit to Jakarta in the last 6 months and each time the hotel has been better.
First the Shangr-La (average), then the Mandarin Oriental (above average) and now the Hotel Kempski...which was really fantastic for the following reasons:
- Stunning lobby and entrance - very modern, funky, stylish
- Helpful, smiling staff with decent English spoken
- Really high quality room with lots of space, very new finish that was modern yet functional, big and very comfortable bed, amazing bathroom with beautfiul marbled finish and hich tech touches like a TV to watch in the bath and a Japanese toilet with many different functions not normally seen outside Tokyo!
- The hotel gave me a 3pm check out at no extra cost
- Nice rooftop swimming pool
- The breakfast room was spacious and airy with nice atmosphere and modern design
- The hotel is connected to the shopping mall (Grand Indonesia), which is very convenient (and has a pretty good Paulaner Brewhouse with nice food, German beer and live music in the evening)

I would say maybe the only aspect in which the Mandarin Oriental was better was on the quailty of the breakfast - the Kempinski was not bad here, the food is high quality but there is just not quite as much choice. Maybe a picky comment but have to be fair.

Overally I was highly impressed and will be coming back when next in Jakarta.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 15 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta and taking the time to post your positive review on TripAdvisor. It is most pleasing to read that you continue to choose to stay with us over the many business hotel choices available in the city.

I am delighted to learn that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and services. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and they are equally delighted to learn that their efforts are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again and thank you for your continuous patronage towards Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta over the last six months.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

An excellent stay! I suppose that’s the shortest way to sum up the experience of our stay at the hotel Indonesia Kempinski. I spent four nights at the hotel with my wife at the start of our Indonesia trip. The clubroom we had booked had everything we wanted: a huge amount of space, all the amenities you would expect of a hotel in this class and a good eye for some nice little details, such as the power socket in the in-room safe. Very convenient I thought for charging up today’s travelling gear like Ipads, Ipods or notebooks while you are away during the day. Our room had a great view of the Welcome Monument and the continuous traffic chaos around it. It made for a great in-room dining experience when we enjoyed some wonderful food whilst overlooking the hustle and bustle that is Jakarta.

The executive lounge is inviting and comfortable. There are cabinets displaying photos that show the hotel’s prominent history. Complimentary afternoon tea and evening snacks are good. The wines on offer in the lounge were good also. No champagne or sparkling wine thoughr which we thought was a slight pity. For those of us who can’t do without: the hotel has a decent lounge-bar on the lobby level serving champagnes.

We thought the staff across the board was well-trained and on the ball. All were friendly and helpful. The executive lounge staff in particular deserve full credits. The one or two things that didn’t quite go according to plan they handled well and efficiently. The level of service is very high and certainly much better than that of some of the other Jakarta hotels I have stayed at for work in previous years.

The location of the hotel is perfect for holiday makers like us. It provides direct access to the Grand Indonesia shopping mall. There are a few other malls a short walk away. But in Jakarta you’ll quickly need taxis to get around. Silverbird taxis are readily available. We thought them to be very good value and used them every day for our sightseeing trips asking the driver to wait on us.

So would we return to the hotel Indonesia Kempinski? With Jakarta traffic being the way it is, I suppose travelers would need to look closely at what the right location is to them. What seems to be a small distance on a map can take up to an hour in bumper to bumper traffic. But for us there is only one answer to the question. Yes … absolutely!

It’s a great hotel for both leisure and business travelers. And oh yes ... our clubroom was at least on a par with some of its five star rivals I have used, but didn’t come with the price tag that some of the competition use. We also liked the fact it has history attached to it as I stated earlier. But most importantly: we felt at home. We would definitely recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 June 2011

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay and also your comments on the service level of our team which far exceeds that from where you have experienced in Jakarta. We appreciate you recognizing our Ganesha Executive Lounge colleagues who have looked after you during your stay. I am sure the team will be thrilled to receive your glowing feedback.

Once again, thank you for recommending our Hotel to your friends and families. We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

ARRIVAL-When I arrived at the Kempinski hotel the car door was opened by concierge and I was greeted by name with a warm smile..my bags were promptly removed and held while I was escorted to the check in desk.. the warmth of the staff here is amazing, they are so friendly and genuine it is brilliant. After checking in I was escorted by the guest services rep to my room. She was polite and very helpful with explaining the room (except the toilet and thats a trip!!)

THE ROOM-The room was immaculatly presented and super clean.. I was very impressed. Complimentry internet also. The toilet is automatic..i got a surprise when the seat went up automatically and it has a host of other functions.. great if you are into that I guess haha!
The bed was comfy and felt luxurious and the turn down service was great fantastic linen and the towels were super soft and plush. A big bath tub in the room..the chicks will love it !! Lighting was good also in the bathroom..this is important to the women guys..
A desk in the room was good to have and an ipod dock that WORKED !!!!
Ok off to have a look around..

GYM- the gym was great really clean and water bottles out for you and towels also. The gym had enough equipment to do a great workout for pretty much most people. Treadmills-crosstrainers-bikes etc.. dumbells- bars- benches pin loaded machines and free weights.. well you get the picture. Really good and the crew were super helpful if you wanted something. I did find it a little warm in there but that is just me.

POOL- the pool was really nice and clean, well organised deck chairs and very efficent staff.. it was a little quiet when I was there so maybe that had ab it to do with it but if i ordered something up there I got it very promptly. Decent sized spa (i didnt use it) iced water to drink available and a lot of seat available if you wanted to eat up there.

BREAKFAST- Amazing spread..so much food available. I was always there kinda early and it all looked so fresh. The staff were just so dam nice..they had remembered my name and room number after day one!! Big smiles and very efficent.
I have one small grip with breakfast.. when you poach eggs if you have vinegar in the water you refresh them in plain water to wash off the vinegar..they did this but the water they used was cool and it cooled down the eggs..(petty i know but that is the only thing i can find to fault) so after I asked for this to be fixed for me it was...coffee was good and im fussy on this..and it was good enough to have a second latte at breakfast.

LOBBY BAR- once again these guys went out of their way to make me comfortable. I was having drinks and watching dvd's on my puter and the gave me the internet key to use and some nibbles..made my drinks perfectly and checked back often to see if all was ok.

DAY SPA- well what do you expect me to say here..it was GREAT !! lovely setting..great massage lovely lady who treated me and it was very relaxing and a great enviroment, it would be perfect for a couples massage. She also did an outstanding job.

I think that is about it.. this hotel was the best hotel stay I have ever had..it was as near to perfect as you can get. If I ever get to jakarta again I would stay there without question. The Kempinski group is now on my radar when I travel.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
Stay here and feel like a rock star.

Room Tip: all rooms were great that I saw.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tamarilllo
Management response:Responded 9 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel, many thanks for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, and especially for recognizing the quality of our service, and the attention that you received.

Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for the team to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I have also taken special note of your comments at breakfast time ~ it was a good observation and our chefs are now all the more careful on the eggs preparation.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

i stayed with my mum at the hotel from 3 till 6 of may 2011
hotel itself very luxuries very friendly the room is the biggest i ever stayed in
the bathroom wow very high tech
we had club room with lounge we didn't use the lounge that much was very nice but i advice u to use the mean breakfast restaurant u will never something like in another hotel what ever u wish u can find there or maybe what u can't think of u would find as well
the concierge were very helpful getting taxi or give you direction
the only problem was the lounge check in and out
they need to get better staff took them one hour till get me in the room
and check out i was very close to lose my temper with the receptionist there she can't understand i can sign my blocked amount of money recite she insisted to tire it and get a new one in that case i blocked twice the amount
but in general it is really nice hotel and very close to 3 shopping malls

• Stayed: May 2011
Management response:Responded 23 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your check-in and check-out at Ganesha Executive Club Lounge. Your comments have been shared with our Director of Rooms. We are delighted that you and your mum have enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, and have found our Concierge very helpful.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta.