Open today: 7:00 am - 6:00 am

from $55.15
from $35.83
from $50.82
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2013

At 12 PM on 30th April driver pick me up and driving to Pasar Agung Selat around 1.30hours from Ubud
by the time we arrived the Guide Ketut introducing him self with smile and humble,he and his wife was climb Agung Mountain everyday as a Guide.The weather was not so good when we left Ubud,but by the time we arrived at Pasar Agung Temple the weather was perfect,They offering Hot Tea or Coffee before we start.Make sure before you make decision to climb the Mountain better you do exercise,my preparation around 1 month before I climb.Around 2 Am at 1st May 2013 we start Trekking,the step at Pasar Agung Temple is good warm up for your body,and stop around 1 minute we pray at The Temple get blessing for the journey.Is always good you go with Guide,,
The Trekking was good,if you have good physic.cold air and sweating all the body was turn on the adrenalin and spirit to reach the Summit,this quite challenging trekking for me than Batur Mountain,Guide Ketut and Nyoman ( wife ) so patient to guide me going up,every time we take a break they always offering fruits and bread and chocolate to give me some energy.
The torch that we have is helping a lots,our vision just 1 meter from our head to the Rocky road and slippery,make sure you wear your special boot,more save,,
We Reach the Summit at 5.30,,WOW its so COLD ,my preparation wear layer top,Jacket,Hat,hands glove and alots of water,,some nuts and chocolate,
At 6.10 AM the Sunrise coming up,wow all what i done to climb this mountain was worted with the Ambiance on the Top of the Mountain ,its so Beautiful,,Amazing View,,i am so Happy when i arrived,i am taking alots of picture including Rinjani Mountain in Lombok we can see from Agung Mountain,
Hot tea make me feel better and warming my body,,
We just spent maybe around 15 -20 minute and we get ready to going down,quite hard to go down and more slippery,so i decide i am crawling down sometime ,take around 3 hours to going down,,Happy feeling inside make me not so tired to going down,,,
here I would like to Thank You to Ketut and Nyoman you are The Best Guide for my Journey to Agung Mountain.

Date of experience: May 2013
6  Thank Ani R
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had 7 customers from Singapore did Agung Trekking Tour on April 11. The trekking started from Pasar Agung temple at 01.30 which takes about 3,5 to 4 hours in normal condition. This customer had different goal that is " reaching the Summit " and they arrived on the summit at 08.00 and 2 of them reached back to Pasar Agung Temple ( finish point ) at 14.30 and the other 5 people were slower reaching back at 17.30. They were first timer doing trekking but they had got their Goal and satisfaction.
Mount Agung has such great track and experience a very nice challenging of trekking.

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank Bali T
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The hike, begins at 2am (you may need to get picked up earlier from your hotel, my pickup was 12.30 from Candidasa), and there's no guarantee that you'll be able to make it to the top, depending on weather and fitness. When you get back to the bottom will depend on your fitness levels. There are no real set paths, the route follows a rain gully, a solidified lava flow, and then a bunch of grafitti up a huge lava field. The last part is the most dangerous to the inexperienced, as cloud cover can limit visibility and make it difficult to find the route to the top...

I went in the wet season, and its possible to get hit with thunderstorms during the hike, in which case its probably wise to abort for safety. Its not a great place to be caught without shelter...We spent some time about 3/4 of the way up deciding whether we should continue or not, as we got hit by a series of small squalls. In the end we did proceed and were rewarded as the clouds on the peak cleared away, and we got beautiful views of lower cloud formations rolling along the South Bali coast.

On the way down we met a procession from the temple, they were quite a humbling group, headed to the top to pray. Adults, children, grannies, all dressed in the ceremonial finery, wearing flip flops, and some with huge baskets perched atop their heads. Made what seemed like an epic journey feel quite a small feat.

All in all a great day, some drama, tension, physical exertion, and all capped off with being reminded that no matter how proud you feel, there are others that can do it better... Next time I'd like to do it in the dry season... With some friends :)

Be VERY wary of inexperienced guides, it is very possible to get lost and people have died on the volcano.

Date of experience: January 2013
8  Thank Hsuan L
Reviewed 3 February 2013

It is a very steep to climb but you need to be very fit. You can leave from two places, one from Besakih temple and it takes 6 hours roughly, or from A place called Pasir i think and here it takes roughly 3 hours and you reach the bottom part of the volcanic rim.

4  Thank Garnet9
Reviewed 21 January 2013

It is a must for anyone seeking, adventure and depending on the weather not only adventure will be found but also fear and adrenaline.
If possible dont climb it during the rainy season it is very dangerouse and rather daunghting when hi winds are blowing you around a very wet and steep incline of rocks littered with moss, mud and only your faith in your guid and head lantern to keep you going up.
Don't even consider climbing without a guide on our way down from the peak we encountered a number of small groups of people whom all tried to climb up with out a guide and none of them made it to the top. The thing is some of the more logical paths lead to "dead ends" which the guids are aware of. Wayan was a great guid with allot of experience and good english +6285237250607.

Date of experience: January 2013