All reviews xuanwu lake great view of the lake adjacent mall spg room gold spg heavenly bed large tub front desk staff spent one night main train station hotel lacks xuan wu business trip location is great night stay nice hotel excellent stay
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Central location, close to subway which makes it very convenient to visit major tourist attractions or business venues.

Modern rooms, reasonably big, in line with expectations at Westin. Knows the SPG Gold program well and honours the entitled benefits without any problem.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2015

Dear Jeremy1985,
Warm greetings from The Westin Nanjing, and we really appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay. I’m so delighted that we made your trip to Nanjing a comfortable one. Thank you once again for your positive review and everyone here hopes that welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Great Location, easily access to major tourist spots and train station. Fantastic Xuanwu Lake view from room. I usually get up early and walk 30 min around Xuanwu Lake. Good service and staff. A bit plain at breakfast, hope having more selections.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Cecily X,

Greetings from The Westin Nanjing, and thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback with us. I’m so happy that you found our hotel enjoyable, with good service and a vibrant location. We are fortunate indeed to have wonderful views of XuanWu lake, and Purple mountain beyond. Thank you also for your breakfast feedback which I shall of course share with the chef team. We do hope to have the chance to welcome you soon back at The Westin Nanjing!

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Hotel facilities are nice but I was hoping more in terms of service from this hotel. I didn't receive the usual Platinum 100 nights plus welcome that I am accustomed to at other properties. I was upgraded to a club room floor but the majority of the time I am upgraded to a suite because of my status. There was a generic welcome note from the manager in the room and some welcome treats That was helpful to see what my benefits were.. My room preferences were met and the rooms are large and comfortable. It was hard to get a taxi at the hotel and the elevators are a little slow. The hotel doesn't have taxis lined up waiting for guest. I waited for an hour for a taxi. The concierge was helpful in doing her best in helping get a taxi and made some local recommendations. Steam and sauna rooms are small but the facilities are nice. Club lounge staff are very friendly and the selection is very good.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank globetrottingwaves

Dear Lewis C,

Warm greetings from The Westin Nanjing, and thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to read that you were able to enjoy your room, and impressed by our friendly staff. Please do accept my sincere apology for the disappointment you encountered regarding welcome. The hotel and city were extremely busy during your stay, but I do hope you have the chance to return, and we will do everything possible to make your stay very special! Thank you again so much for your valuable comments.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

We stayed here for 3 days while visiting central Nanjing and this was a perfect choice for us. The hotel is very close to the subway and there are so many good restaurants in the area and it made for a very nice area to walk around. Our room was on the 30th floor which had a partial view of the lake and a direct view of the city which was really neat to look at night. The room was not the nicest we had in China but it met our needs perfectly. The swimming pool was very big and very nice. It is actually located in the tower next door and there is a very long walkway to get to the other side. We don’t mind the walk but if you have reduced mobility I can see this long walk being a negative for choosing this hotel.

The best thing about picking this hotel was how close we were to the park and the lake. We went for long walks in the park which was great to do after our dinners. I’m not sure if we would return to Nanjing on our future trips to China but if we did I would definitely consider this Westin again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Montreal_native,

Warm greetings from The Westin Nanjing, and we are very happy to read of your enjoyable stay with us. We are also delighted to hear that you would consider us as your choice for next visit in Nanjing. The entire team at the Westin look forward to having you back soon for another renewing experience. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback!

Reviewed 5 October 2015

In spite of adjacent construction during the week of our stay, the Westin offered a restful base for our business trip. The rooms are spacious and spotless and include a desk, multiple lighting choices, large closet, mini bar and flat screen. Bed is excellent for a good night's sleep. The bathroom includes a shower and bath, western toilet - all work well. The toiletries include good quality shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel, toothbrush and toothpaste. If you are fortunate, rooms offer spectacular views of the lake and historic city wall. Off the upper lobby there is a handy conference room one can book for meetings. The elevators were swift with little wait times. One downside was that the ground floor lobby lacks any seating when waiting for drivers. Breakfast buffet includes many, many delicious western and Chinese choices, fruit, pastries, juices, smoothies, cereals, dim sum, as well as made to order omelets and Chinese noodle soups. Service is very good with staff trying hard to accommodate the varied needs of international and Chinese guests. Clearly they have received training in hospitality. Shelly Cao was especially outstanding and helpful in the restaurant, Cherry Tang and Leo Lou were exceptional in the bar, and the front desk staff were welcoming and efficient. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Dear Lasemuse,

Hello from the Westin Nanjing, and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Nanjing! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time during your business trip, and I shall certainly pass on your very kind comments to Shelly, Cherry, Leo and the front office team at the hotel. We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the near future and will do our very best to ensure an even more renewing stay!