“Taikoo Shing Rd, Itacho Sushi - my worst food experience in HK” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #704 of 7,790 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Kwun Tong
Singapore, Singapore
“Taikoo Shing Rd, Itacho Sushi - my worst food experience in HK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I do not often write restaurant reviews, but this one deserved special consideration.
I should also mention that I have eaten at other Itacho Sushi's around Hong Kong, and they've been just fine.
Anyhow, it started off by a desperate wait of 10-15 minutes to get some attention from a waiter. I attempted to flag one down 5 times, but they all signaled to me that they'd be back soon. BTW, the restaurant was quite empty, with quite a few waiters walking around.
After ordering, the food took for ages to arrive.

Once it arrived, each plate of sushi/sashimi came with about 10 minutes worth of spacing, the food was well below average. But this isn't my gripe at all.

Anyhow, after about 40 minutes of eating (actually 3 minutes of eating and 37 minutes of waiting) I decided I'll go for the milk pudding desert. 15 minutes after ordering I was told that they're out. So I asked for the cheese cake instead.
5 minutes later, a miniature absolutely frozen cheese cake arrived. I tried to break into it with a metal spoon, but to no avail.
I immediately flagged down the manager and asked him to cancel the cheese cake and to please release me from my misery.
He said no problem, and quickly brought the bill.
Of course, not to my surprise, the bill included the never-to-be-seen milk pudding.

I think you get the idea....

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tazenkot
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

The sushi & sashimi in Itacho Sushi @ 318 Henessy Rd, Wanchai, is surprisingly fresh and good value. Here's what we just had for supper :

1. Salmon Sushi 3 pcs @ HK$3 each = HK$9.00
2. Scallops Sashimi (half dozen of scallops) = HK$35.00
3. Cold Green Tea Soba = HK$15.00

It is great value and fresh !!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“fresh and high quality not too expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

fresh and high quality
not too expensive

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Hong Kong
“Need to go three times a week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

I goto the Itacho Sushi on Hennessy Road once every two or three days for dinner. It is one of the most affordable Japanese restaurants in HK with items costing from as low as $5 each.

The sushi is fresh and the menu choice is wide. I particularly like their roasted salmon sushi and softshell crab rolls. Both are delicious.

A meal for 2 usually costs me and my bf $250 including service charge, and around $110 for one (yep, I eat there alone often).

After their food poisoning episode earlier this month, the place appears to be much cleaner. It is also much easier to get seats or a table in the evenings, whereas there used it be queues of 20+ ppl outside at any given time.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook