“Rated no.1 egg tart in HK!”
Review of Tai Cheong Bakery

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central
Singapore, Singapore
“Rated no.1 egg tart in HK!”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Heard so much about Tai Cheong and one of our plans to hop over to HK island was to look for these. It was quite confusing to get to Lyndhurst Terrace even with a map. But asking for directions helped a lot as everyone knows Tai Cheong. The crowd in the bakery buy mostly egg tarts only. The egg tarts(HKD$5) are more expensive than the other egg tarts we ate during our trip but way cheaper than those in Singapore. Every egg tart displayed was so even and uniform. Bought one to try, then decided to go for a second round and join the long queue. These snacks were warm and fresh the custard melts in your mouth. I think it is a bit too sweet though.

Also bought the seaweed egg rolls home. Well, I have finally tasted the no.1 egg tarts in HK. Love them!!

• Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Thai first
sydney
“Egg Tarts!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The egg tarts are yummy, fresh and always warm :) I love this place!

• Visited June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Egg tarts”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Tried the egg tarts and much raved about donut. However, I am not as impressed. Fortunately there was no queue at the door during my visit. The egg tart was generous with the custard filling and freshly baked.

Visited May 2012
Singapore
“Famous egg tarts”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Very near my hotel (Butterfly on Wellington) so I was able to grab 16 of them before I headed to the airport

Visited May 2012
1 Thank jeanoo
Taipei, Taiwan
“Out of the world egg tarts!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Nearly every blog entry that I read about HK raved about the egg tarts, but due to time constraints, I didnt google the address and was I happy when I discovered the shop by accident while wandering around in Central.

I am an egg tart lover and I must say it is one of the best egg tarts I have eaten in my life. Its soft, wobbly egg center is amazing. It is so smooth that it is possible to eat without swallowing.

Definitely a must try! Even my parents said that the walk uphill is worth it because of the egg tarts.

• Visited April 2012