“Lovely evening ”

Ranked #149 of 10,389 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: MAMA SAN by Will Meyrick - With his Scottish heritage, an Australian accent and an Indonesian home, Will Meyrick isn't easily categorized. Often described as Western on the outside and Asian on the inside, Will's passion for the cuisine culture and culinary heritage of this fascinatingly diverse part of the world, is what really defines him and sets him apart as a chef and restaurateur. This award winning chef and restaurateur now brings his incredible talent to Mama San in Hong Kong. Lavishing a collection of Asian flavours on his menu, Will continues to delight diners with an amazing collection of dishes from the South East Asian region. Mama San incorporates an atmosphere of exotic Balinese decor, superb dining and great bar for relaxation. Lunch and dinner daily.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were a group of 4 adults and 4 kids. Everyone had a great meal, including the vegetarians in our group.
Perfect service and cocktails. Menu varied and everything we tried, delicious.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is highly recommended restaurant with some of the best food in town . Excellent hospitality and very crowded . Local food is very good and they have variety of cuisines.
Location of this restaurant is very good. This place has something for everyone and some fresh beer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although described as Indonesian cuisine, I consider it more of an Asian fusion, with some Japanese accents (the sashimi), Thai (Pad Thai and other type curries), Malaysian (Malay curries), Vietnamese etc. So you are really getting a pan-Asian cuisine there, which I find quite generous.
My friends and I tasted a few dishes from the Starter menu and the Raw bar menu, a couple of main courses and quite a few deserts. I found most dishes very fresh, with a lot of lemon and peanut flavours. Most dishes are spicy, so don't get fooled by the indications on the menu, everything should have at least 1 chilli sign next to it.
I loved their tuna tataki and their Nha Trang fish carpaccio. Frankly most starter dishes are healthy and full of flavour, you don't feel guilty by eating a lot. I liked their Babi guling which is very balinese. Most of all though, I thought their deserts were outstanding. I was in awe of their Kampung snicker (parfait with dark chocolatey peanuts) and their Lemongrass panacotta (which tasted like a desert version of a capirinha).
Service was attentive and very pleasant, the restaurant was packed without being too noisy and the decor is quite cozy, with an Asian boudoir theme design, clearly addressing expats.
I loved my experience there, I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is a standout restaurant. The service from the on the phone, to walking in, to leaving was exemplary. Staff are attentive, can take a joke and give one, and are observant. This was greatly appreciated.
Food here was exquisite. Every dish was stand out.. we ate too much as we didnt want to stop.
Atmosphere here is multi layered! keep looking to find more detail. Very cool. Loved this place.

GuestRelationsHK, Guest Relations Manager at Mama San Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Vashte
You words are so kind and it was our pleasure to provide a comfortable experience for your meal. Rest assured that we will share you words with the whole team. We can't wait to greet you again.
Regards
Mama San team

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I had dinner at Mama San and it was very good. The restaurant has a nice vibe with a great bar. The food was very good and the service was friendly,

Dear new_world_travellers
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it's great news to us that you enjoyed you time with us. We hope you will return in the short future for another great meal.
Regards