“This hotel may have changed its name?”

Sunny Day Hotel (Tsim Sha Tsui)
Ranked #219 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New Zealand
“This hotel may have changed its name?”
Reviewed 4 March 2009

This is just as a note that a new hotel has openned up in the same building as the Accelerators International Hotel. The new hotel is called the Sunny Day Hotel -the second hotel of this name in HK. (The other one is in Reclaimation St in Mongkok.) The telephone number of the Sunny Day Hotel is different -I am not sure at this stage whether the Accelerators has been renovated and had its name changed or whether the Sunny Day hotel is a new hotel coincidentially in the same building.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Xenon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila
Reviewed 17 July 2007

At first im quite so hesitant to choose this hotel coz i was checking on the internet and it gave me a hard time to surf where this hotel was and how it looks like. But I had no choice coz my sister was the one who got the package and it will be difficult for me to travel back and forth to the agency for any changes that i had to make. When we arrived at the corner street, the bus driver just pointed to us the hotel. At first i cant see where the hotel sign coz it was really so small that you thought that its just a sign board of a store. Then you can see a small entrance( something like one and a half meter wide)and stairs going on a second floor. If you have a lot of baggages, for sure youre the only one who have to carry that all the way on the second floor. Nobody will carry ur baggages. Then at the front desk, my goodness, the staff cant understand english that much. Its very difficult to communicate with them specially if u have some problems that u have to tell them. Its good theres an elevator, i think up to 14th or 15th floor, but my gosh, in one floor they have only 5 rooms. And when you enter the room, my kids started to lay down but their bed was so hard...really hard. The bed are not so soft and comfortable to sleep. But i have no choice but to stay there, im telling them my problem but they dont understand. I dont know if they really dont understand or they just trying to ignore my complaints. Even the staff of 7 eleven at the corner of this hotel, theyre not so hospitable. They dont even try to help tourist what they want in their store. As if, if you want to buy go ahead and if not no problem...
Its the first time of my kids to go to hongkong and this horrible experienced they had. They said jokingly that the hotel we had was 0 star or maybe a negative one. And I had to scattered my clothes on the bed so we wont feel the hardness. And one more thing, our flight was in the evening, and have to check out at 12noon, we had to pay Hk5 for leaving our baggage at their hotel for few hours.
My advise: If ull be getting a package tour at some travel agency, make sure first to ask what hotel and try to read some hotel reviews here. It will help you a lot.

• Liked — you can shop anywhere and money changers too
  • Disliked — the bed we had and how they entertain tourist
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family