Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
  • Beachfront
Mui Wo Inn(Hong Kong)
  • Beachfront
4,331 results
All reviewscable carclose to the airportoutlet mallbig buddhafree shuttlelantau islandngong pingtung chungcity gateairport hotelpremier loungeminutes from the airportshopping centrebetween flightsan early flightmtr stationexecutive floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Its my second time at the hotel , being a member of Accor, I was privileged to stay at the executive floors. But this one was stressful, my complimentary night was used up by a fictitious person in Sofitel Manila . Since I'm availing it in citigate, they informed me that if the complimentary night problem is not resolved, I have to pay for my room, which is an additional expense for me considering that I have alady planned my vacation 6 months in advance. But with the assurance and caring of the staff at the executive floor desk, they updated me on the status every now and then and even leave messages via mail and screen. It was really heart warming that the staff are so concerned with their guest and always all smiles. Eventually they were able to prove that I was not the one who redeemed the complimentary nit in Manila and Accor credited back my free night just in time for my check out. Wow! That was a relief, being a member has its rewards! They allowed me for a late check out at 4 pm which gave me enough time to visit ocean park. This vacation is a different experience but ended up well. Thank you Novotel Executive floor staff for a job well done!

Room Tip: The sea view is the best
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel on 8 February, 2012. I love the nespresso coffee machine and their super comfy bed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The views! I doubt there can be bad view in the Novotel Citygate basement! It is beautiful there, amazing, dare I say, stifling to look out the window, any window, but the staff does not listen very well, they are distant, and the room was not exactly clean. We had two nasty spoons in our tea/coffee cups upon arrival which made me nearly hurl as I washed our cups before having tea. Sleep was beautiful because beds were fantastic. The bathroom was like two clean/mod public stalls, which is efficient for space. Novotel is connected to the outlet mall and near public transit. The Big Buddha and United Mileage is why we stayed here. Maybe that's why the staff was aloof; Miles were used instead of HK dollars? I'd give them two stars but the location and the view... Lord, have mercy; the view.

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views. Trust in that!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
An Accor traveller
Beijing, China
Reviewed 29 January 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

It's all about the rooms. They're big, their decor is superb, the windows vast, the bed is big enough to hold a large party in, the bathroom is spot-on, and the TV is enormous and has about three million channels.

The staff are perfectly pleasant though the place is so huge that the personal touch is inevitably missing.

The restaurants and room service are predictably overpriced but the food isn't bad.

The location is... well Tung Chung is an odd place. It's a new town, very pleasant to be in, if a little soulless. But the hotel sticks out of an outlet mall, it's near the cable car to the Big Buddha, it's 10 minutes from the airport by bus (though it's a bit tricky to know when you've actually arrived as it stops in a car park), the MTR station is 5 minutes from the hotel, and the city is only about 40 minutes away by MTR. The best of many worlds.

But I'm going back to the rooms. They're faultless. Spotless, sleek, modern design, HUGE windows, exceptionally comfortable climate control, great blackout curtains so they're dark when they need to be, and almost silent. I slept nearly 14 hours when I stayed here. Yeah it's quite expensive for its location, but worth it for a night or two.

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo