Open today: Closed

from US$ 82.60
from US$ 64.80
from US$ 62.21
More Info
All reviews nathan road non muslims holy month of ramadan prayer hall haiphong road meeting point mtr exit noodles masjid performed kowloon worship donation hk landmark chinese culture
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Its a busy mosque. I found out, most of the Muslims are from Indonesia and Pakistan. I drop by for Asar prayer here once during my travel. From what I saw. This Mosque is managed by the Pakistanis people. There is a water dispenser at the entrance door. You can refill your water bottle, mineral water is very expensive in Hong Kong.

During my stay in Hong Kong. I saw Pakistanis are the only people who like to fight and quarrel between each other. Even at this mosque, I witnessing them from far after my prayer. I felt quite a shame as a Muslims. The Prophet Muhammad said as a Muslims we should show the best of our 'akhlak' or attitude towards other religion/ people and be a good example.

Cheers~

Reviewed 25 April 2018

It was marketed as an Islamic Centre 8 yrs ago. I didnt know it was a mosque as well & in my mind was traditional architecture of the mosque. I was wearing a 3/4 sleeve dress with tights, it was not skimpy. I went with 2 other friends. Upon the 1st step into the mosque, the ustaz just roared & screamed at me & pointed in my face that I wasnt dressed appropriately. If I've known it was a mosque, obviously I wldnt entered it wearing that dress. I've met many ustaz in my life & they are very very very nice even when pointing out a mistake. It was very UnIslamic of him, that even scarred me for life...& actually I felt embarrassed for him, cos he is an ustaz. And you know what, we didnt get to eat there & didnt bothered coming back.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

If u are into Muslim u probably find ur peace inside...not loud prayer can be listen at sunset unfortunately so seems to silent for being a real mosque in the end...unfortunately.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

the Kowloon Mosque and Islamic centre is located on the corner of Haiphong Road and Nathan Road. It is the largest mosque in Hong Kong and is over a hundred years old.

It has a capacity for about 3,500 worshippers.

This is a good meeting point for anyone. It is next to a metro line exit.

The architecture is quite attractive.

2  Thank Mazmannan
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The Mosque is one of the well known meeting point to us locals as it is just next to the MTR exit. Kowloon Park is just behind it.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Kowloon Masjid and Islamic Centre or Kowloon Mosque and Islamic Centre (Chinese: 九龍清真寺暨伊斯蘭中心) is second among five principal mosques constructed in Hong Kong. Located in Kowloon at the corner of Nathan Road and Haiphong Road next to Kowloon Park, the mosque is currently the largest Islamic house of worship in the city. The mosque holds 5 prayers daily and is capable of accommodating up to approximately 3,500 people.

The Kowloon Mosque and Islamic Centre was first established in 1896, on the site where the Tsim Sha Tsui Police Station now stands

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Historical since it opened in 1896, and it is the 2nd oldest in hk. Also the biggest in hk. Apart from that, pretty regular mosque

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Not a great deal to see here. I have visited numerous Mosque's on my travels and this one is rather unimposing and somewhat plain compared to those others I have seen.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

a muslim traveller always looks for food in a foreign city. the Kowloon Mosque and Islamic Centre is one such oasis in the chinese desert that is Hong Kong. Its Islamic canteen at Level 5 of the mosque building is well patronised by travelling agencies bringing muslims to a place they can eat at their heart's delight, and get to perform the prayers at the same time We ordered dim sum for lunch, and also took away for dinner rice with beef, and noodles with mutton. Dinner was a humble canteen takeaway on the carpet of our five star hotel...but it was very enjoyable; though the beef was a little tough, the mutton in the noodles was very tender.The mosque is only one MTR station away from our hotel at Admiralty MTR, very convenient indeed.

1  Thank idrus2015
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The mosque is right in the center, the Islamic centre gives a lot of knowledge if one needs to find about Islam or Halal shops near by.