Lanson Place Hotel
Hotels.com
US$ 266
US$ 221
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$ 216
Trip.com
US$ 112
US$ 102
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
US$ 85
Agoda.com
US$ 347
US$ 286
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 79
Hotel Direct
1,540 results
All reviewscauseway baywelcome basketsmall kitchenettesmall luxury hotelgrand luxe roomlee gardenstimes squaremini kitchencomplimentary snacksvictoria parksitting areaconcierge teamgreat boutiquepillow menuserviced apartmenthandy phonelocal eateries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Staff and Customer Service:
EXCELLENT! Always a min of 2-3 concierage working at the main entrance. They are always there to open the door for you, with a pleasant smile and are always very helpful.
To check in, you must go to the 1st floor - the receptionists were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. When we finished checking in, one of the receptionists actually came upstairs to our room with us, to show us all the special features in the room. She was very informative and helpful.
We also met with Jessica (the sales manager of lanson place). Not only was she extremely helping prior and during my booking. She was also very accommadating by offering the late check out to us at no extra, in order to fit our flight schedule. Now that's what I call going above and beyond for your customers!!
House keeping service was excellent. I have nothing to complain about.
We actually met our cleaning lady several times during our stay. She was extremely friendly and polite.

Location:
In the heart of Causeway Bay area. The location is busy enough that you won't ever feel unsafe when walking late at night, yet its quiet enough that you won't feel like there are many street parties around you.
2mins walk to the bus stop that'll take you to places like Central ...
5mins walk to the nearly MTR station
and you are walking distance to pretty much EVERYTHING from shopping malls, department stores, banks, all sorts of restaurants etc ...

Rooms:
Good size, and there's even a kitchenette area filled with utensils and small wares appliances such as a toaster and microwave.
The bed was comfortable. Bathroom was a lot bigger than antipated. Very Very clean!!!!!
Lots of closet space!

Excellent service, experience, location, and stay. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will be going back the next time I'm in Hong Kong!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Habeyah Y
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The location is great, near a metro and the rooms are large and impressively styled.
It felt like I'd rented an apartment with the layout and facilities (iron inside the room, kitchen with utensils) and a decent enough view.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the elevator and preferably on the least booked floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank T M
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and cannot find much to recommend it. Overpriced, expensive WiFi, small room, price does not include breakfast (or at a cost that makes it a nonsense), just not a good experience. Hong Kong has many hotels, find another one, next time I will.

Room Tip: Do not choose a rom at this hotel, choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went to HK for business trip and my office is really near to Lanson - only 1 mall (Lee Gardens) away.. ;))

I have read so many good reviews for Lanson and i couldn't agree more!
Me and my colleague stayed 4 nights at the Deluxe Room and its remind me of a studio apartment with mini kitchenette and they provide iron board also!
Its very convenient for us.

The concierge team are really helpful, talk cantonese with cab driver so we won't get lost and always smile. HKers not really famous with their hospitality but here in Lanson is different.

Things that Lanson might have to improved:
- please provide free wi-fi. HKD 140 per day is really expensive. Noted that ur room fare is already beyond average :(
- do differentiate the breakfast menu. Smoked salmon, scrambled egg, bacon etc for 4 mornings are really boring. If i'm not mistaken, this american breakfast cost us around USD 20 per person per day. I expect more with that price.

So many good stalls around the hotel thou. SOGO, WTC and causeway bay station are 5mins walking distance.

All in all, i do recommend this small luxury boutique hotel. I can say its worth the price. :)

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank AchiedZ
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Located in Causeway Bay, this hotel is within easy walking distance of up-market shopping, dining and public transport.

The thing that stands out most about the Lanson Place is the high quality of service. I had contacted them in advance to enquire about the availability of rooms with a walk-in shower, needed for accessibility reasons. The hotel replied promptly and was helpful enough to include photos of their bathroom facilities. Nice touch. Similarly the door staff couldn't do enough to be of assistance, running to chase down taxis and cheerfully opening doors and calling elevators every single time.

Breakfast was included with the room booking, made by our travel agent, as was a late check out. When we checked in the staff did not seem to have any record of this and asked to take a photocopy of our booking. If you have 'extras' in your booking, I recommend that you bring the evidence. Breakfast was served from 7am in the bar and comprised a standard buffet (mostly Western, but with congee available) and your choice of eggs with bacon, ham or sausage. Seating for breakfast was in couches or easy chairs at low tables so just a little less than ideal for getting the food to your mouth without spills. Also, not super-easy to get in and out of the chairs if you have mobility issues.

There was no mini bar (a plus in my book) so there was plenty of room in the fridge. We appreciated having crockery and a sink so we could fix our own snacks in the room. The only downside is that neighbours must have been doing their own cooking too and we got food smells from their room into ours.

The beds were super comfortable and had feather duvets (doonas) which were so warm you you had to set the aircon to arctic in order to get a comfortable nights sleep. One night the aircon failed to cool the room and this made for an uncomfortable night.

We arrived on the airport train + feeder bus which dropped us at the nearby Regal Hotel. You can see the back of the Lanson Place Hotel from the Regal. To walk to the Lanson Place (3 mins) just wait for a break in the traffic, cross Irving St into Leighton Rd and then make a right into Keswick St where the front entrance of the hotel is located. It's a very short walk and Google maps makes the route more complicated than it needs to be.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family