All reviews boutique hotel extra large room small hotel exhibition centre wan chai mtr hennessy road great boutique breakfast room central location bathroom amenities minutes walk away causeway bay room rate subway station mini bar lobby ferry
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I came for business trip however we had a typhoon during my departure date so I have to extend my stay. Hotel design is attention to details. For service is among the very best in Hong Kong, especially thank you the concierge at lower floor and reception, they updated typhoon information anytime when I sitting at the lobby and suggested me very useful information. The only unsatisfied was the restaurant did not open when typhoon was issued. But I also can have light breakfast at lobby today. We walked to Hyatt and had a great lunch but not easy as no taxi or Uber were available during no 10 signals. I highly recommended this hotel for business traveler.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
thefleming, Guest Relations Manager at The Fleming, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Wilson A,

Thank you very much for your delightful review about us. Specially when mentioning about our team's good performance, which just makes our work even more rewarding.

We do apologize for the restaurant not being able to stay opened to serve our customers during the more severe hours of the typhoon, we will do our best to be more prepared for upcoming events like this.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay at the hotel but we tried to book one extra night as a typhoon arrived and our flight was cancelled. They said they would let us know but it was sold out. We were forced to check out during the typhoon which was a level 10. The hotel had no food or drinks available and no level of assistance to help you transfer to a new hotel. Our friend luckily picked us up and drove us to his house being one of the only cars on the road at the time. The hotel was obviously not full as their was no one able to check in nor was there anyone working at the hotel to change the room. This put us in a really dangerous position.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Justin G,

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us, during this period of the Typhoon Mangkhut.

We sincerely apologize to all our guests who had encountered some troubles with the magnitude of this super storm and as you can imagine with no flights coming in and out of Hong Kong, a lot of our guests had requested to extend their stay with us, so we had a long waiting list to accommodate the best we possibly could.

We would also have been very happy to assist you in arranging transportation or assisting to contact other hotels, even if our options were scarce due to the imposing threat.

It was unfortunate that we could not reach you and were unaware that you had left without checking out.
In any case, we regret that you had experienced these troubles and we would love to welcome you back, and we will try our best to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible.

andre.canhota@thefleming.com
+852 6158 3451

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I searched high and low for a nice hotel in HK where you can open the windows. To some it may sound crazy but I love to have the option.

This is the perfect little hotel - I booked the Medium room - although a little on the small side it was perfect for one.

The Fleming has thought of all the little details and has great amenities - apple tv, great mini bar snacks and fantastic sheets on the beds.

The location of the hotel although not in Central is perfect for the Trade Shows held at HK convention and exhibition centre.

Concierge was very helpful

Room Tip: You can ask them to open the windows.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
thefleming, Guest Relations Manager at The Fleming, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear CollCape,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and giving us top marks on every category.

It's a pleasure to read that you've enjoyed your stay and our hospitality services.

We truly hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Staying with my boyfriend for anniversary celebration. I chose this hotel cause I was attracted by its photos on the website, but sadly this is the wrong decision
1. Just a few minutes walk from Wan Chai MTR Station. YES, but the entrance its hard to find if you come on first time.
2. The room design does not consider on guest real need, find no guidance or instruction of the lighting switch in room, we learn the way of control after few hours of explore.
3. The room is dark even I turn all the lights on, I almost cant do my make up before I leave
4. The whole hotel is really small, small lift, small room. The room I stay is much smaller then I expect.
5. The so called extra large bed is actually combine by 2 signal beds (They will not mention this in advance)
2 Marks for this hotel, 1 for its decoration, another 1 for the courteous reception.
Not the worsen hotel I have stayed, but in consider of its price, not decide to come back.

Room Tip: Just suitable for solo travel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
thefleming, Guest Relations Manager at The Fleming, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear chaplinromance,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience during your recent stay with us.
We are very concerned that we were not able to provide our usual standards of guest satisfaction during your stay with us.

In fact, we believe some of the points you’ve mentioned could have been highly improved given the chance that you were made aware of the different options you had during your time with us.

Firstly, we like to provide comfortable lighting to all our guests and as such we have dimming switches in our rooms. If the range of lighting in this romantic ambiance is not enough for any guests liking, we provide extra lights in the room as well as a special make up mirror. These items are detailed in our welcome card given to our guests at check in and in the hotel’s directory book.

Our rooms vary from Small (21sqm) to Extra Large (36sqm), which is announced properly on our website and other major booking sites. Our guests may go for a more budget option or more deluxe one, never missing out on our design and comfort that is present is all rooms.

Regarding our bedding types we have Twin, Queen and King size, that you may book according to your preference. If no mention of this preference is pointed out previously to your check in, our Front Office team will still do their best to accommodate our guests wishes.

We would like also to congratulate you your anniversary and mention that our management always prepares a special surprise for such special occasions.

We would kindly ask if you would be willing to contact us directly and give us a chance to amend your first impression of our hotel.

andre.canhota@thefleming.com
+852 6158 3451

Reviewed 3 September 2018

everything was perfect. we Loved the attention, decoration, and the services, done with care . Extremely beautiful design. In my room I missed a real wardrobe, thas all against. Italian restaurant was expensive, and not too special foods.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
thefleming, Guest Relations Manager at The Fleming, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Marbella-España,

Thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay with us at The Fleming Hotel.
We take great pride in our efforts to provide our guests with warm hospitality services and a unique urban design throughout our facilities.
We also appreciate your remarks regarding the restaurant experience and we will take good note of them for further improvements in that area.
It was a pleasure having met you and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Saludos Cordiales,