“Fabulous Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Austin, Texas
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

The Four Seasons in Hong Kong takes even Four Seasons to a new level. The views of Victoria Harbor are amazing. The rooms are exquisite and the service is flawless. I travel all over the world and this is one of the most spectaular hotels I've stayed in. I will go back whenever I can. I can't wait to return.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry C
MimiCheung_FSH, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear Jerry C,

Thank you for sharing your recent review on tripadvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share such complimentary feedback with us.

We're delighted that you found the service flawless and that you enjoyed the views of the Victoria harbour in different areas of the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Hong Kong, Jerry C. Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel

Regards,

Mimi Cheung
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

was here for business and i am glad i booked the 4 seasons for a stay!

service was top notch and a view that cannot be matched in my opinion especially when you get a glimpse of the morning sun. Forget about the peak, especially when a view from the peak depends on your luck and the pollution in hong kong that very day.

The good rest that 4 seasons provides you keeps you going in the fast-paced environment of hong kong but do be prepared to spend a little for a stay in such a well known hotel

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank douglas t
Dear douglas t,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here on tripadvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review.

We were delighted that you found the service received was top notch and enjoyed the views of the harbour from the guest room.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hong Kong. Thank you once again.

Regards,

Mimi Cheung
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Arrival:

We booked the hotel car because we had an extremely early arrival at HKG, around 0530. We were met at the jet bridge and escorted via cart to baggage claim and immigration. The car (a large Mercedes sedan, IIRC) made great time to the hotel and we were immediately accommodated with our suite. Major appreciation to the hotel for handling such an early arrival which set the tone for the rest of our stay.

Room:

We were in an executive suite, the layout of which I will spare details since floor plans are on the website. We arrived to our room to find a nice selection of fresh fruit, cold breakfast items, and a bottle of champagne, along with a welcome note from the hotel. Again, a wonderful surprise that anticipated our needs with such an early arrival (except the Champagne, which we kept on ice for later of course!) I should note that our stay was part of a trip marking a special occasion for my wife and I, so this might explain some or all of this.

The suite features floor to ceiling windows facing the harbor in both rooms, which was very nice for relaxing and staying indoors during the heaviest rains. Since the hotel is on the Central side, the views are not as spectacular as those from the Kowloon side IMO, but still unmistakably HK.

The design is pretty standard contemporary luxury hotel, which is boring but more than adequate. Reasonably up-to-date electronics and single-serve coffee maker. The room seemed built to last and well-maintained.

Pool:

The pool area is fantastic, one of the best for HK hotels I think. Very elegant design with plenty of space and views out over the harbor. Service is attentive and prompt. The water was the perfect temperature and I appreciated the light music underwater! Also very convenient to the spa.

Spa:

We are not spa junkies, but my wife had her nails done and found it to be extraordinarily well-done.

Dining:

We had room service several times (breakfast and some "snacks" from Lung King Heen) and found it to be quick and more than adequate. Our one meal at the hotel was the set lunch at LKH. The space is pleasant and has plenty of harbor views, and the service was very polished and professional. The food was mostly good, sometimes great. I didn't find it outstanding compared to other high end restaurants in HK. Perhaps they really excel with their dinner menu? In any case, we found the set lunch to be a pretty reasonable value.

Location:

The hotel is pretty much on top of the IFC mall in Central. Extremely convenient to the airport express and MTR, as well as ferry terminals etc. Lots of high-end shopping here, if that is your thing. As stated before, I think the views are inferior to those at hotels on the Kowloon side, e.g. Intercontinental.

Summary:

I could easily spend an enormous amount of time at this hotel. It offers numerous comforts and conveniences both inside and outside of the suites. The staff often anticipates your needs, and when a request is made the answer is almost always "of course, right away". This is definitely one of the better Four Seasons I have been to, and certainly the best in an urban environment. If you want polished & contemporary luxury in HK, this is the best I've found. If you want something more classic, consider out the Peninsula or the Mandarin Oriental. If value and view are paramount, check out the Intercontinental. I will almost certainly continue to book here when in HK.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubb1
London
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I live here with my husband - it is our HK home for a couple of weeks a month every month. Service impeccable and nothing is impossible (although you will pay Four Seasons prices for that!). Spacious apartment, always well maintained and the housekeeping are friendly and do a good job. Outstanding view from my bathtub especially!!! As with all serviced apartments, they can be a bit soulless - but I rectified that by adding my own furniture and decor touches (rugs, cushions, a rocking chair, candleabras on the table etc). The concierge is my one greatest salvation - like having a personal secretary on hand 24 hours a day. After 2 years of living here, we are now going to move to the Repulse Bay and will be sad to have to give up the convenient location and luxury of FS Place. It's a standard that will be hard to achieve elsewhere (unles the Mandarin Oriental decide to open up a serviced apartment)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank skvc2
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My hosts paid for my room, so I cannot comment on price. The room, common areas, restaurants/bars, service and location were simply perfect. Coming in late at night from a long trip from the US, I was immediately escorted to my beautiful, spacious room with all amenities. The front desk and concierges were exremely helpful and polite; food and beverages (the Blue Bar, and catered dinner) were excellent. I viewed but did not use the fitness center, spa and outdoor infinity pool, but they all looked superb. And the location is perfect: nearly on the harbor, less than a 5-minute walk from the subways, airport express, and the Star Ferries to Kowloon and the other islands, in the middle of the Central neighborhood, accessible to the colonial-era buildings and monuments, and only a 20 minute walk across downtown to the peak Tram to Victoria Peak. Based on this 3-weeknight stay in May 2012, one of the finest hotels I've ever experienced.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business